Mid console for shifter - conversion from column shifter to floor

-

Joshes

Reaction score
Hi all,

I need advise. I own 1971 Dodge Demon.
I am planning to convert my steering column shift to floor shift. I already bought the steering column.

Now the middle bit. I am about to puchase the console. I look up in eBay. I need advise if this will fit to the car (attached pics)?

Also, I plan to buy the auto gear tunnel. What else do I need? Do I need the shifter linkage (see pics)? Any advise where I can get the kit?

Thanks all! Thank you for any inputs.
Josh

4ce1_1.jpg

4d34_1.jpg

SHIFTER LINKAGE.jpg

what is that out of? is it from an a body? looks like a 69 and older console. the shifter is wrong for a 71 even if the console works.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I wonder what is the correct version? Anyone got a photo of it?

As well, if I am not bother with the 'factory correct' console and shifter - but will it work?

Many thanks,
Josh

that looks just like the stuff i pulled out of my 66. there were a few brackets welded to the floorhump that the shifter bolted to, as well as the console. do you have a console now?
btw, where are you from?

I would put a B&M or Hurst shifter in and be done with it.

Never liked the look of using a early shifter/consol in a later car.:tongue2:

That console and shifter should work providing you get the brackets or fabricate a set to attatch the console with. This is a pic of the correct shifter.

35_1.jpg

that console is idential to my 67 cudas. They are all the same basicly with cosmetic changes like later models had a push button latch on the lid and that groove down the middle was deleted.
As for the swap... console wiring harness is simple enough. One orange wire for the lamp and 2 purple wire for the reverse lamp switch. Red wire to lighter well optional but handy for cell phone charger and such. I recomend a inline fuse (10 amp) located at the lamp service cutout.

I have searched on eBay and this is under Demon/Duster. Yes I think the shifter looks like the one posted in. And If I am not mistaken the console is the one with wooden accent.

Is this what you guys meant for correct year?

Thanks guys!
Josh

02c5_3.jpg

04c7_3.jpg

There are three weld on brackets that are missing. The front mount, the shifter mount, and the rear mount.

I think I have a complete set-up in my garage attic: shifter, linkage, brackets, etc, but shipping would be expensive (it is heavy). PM me if you are interested.

-
Back