middle of nowhere

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
many people ask," why you live in the country?"

why do you want to ride a horse, or ATV, or bycylcle, or hike ,.... out into the middle of nowhere???

driving thru the middle of nowhere at 80 mph down the Inrterstate is not the same.

sometimes we find our selves in the middle of nowhere..... and sometimes out in the middle of nowhere we find OURSELVES......... think about it....

many people ask," why you live in the country?"

why do you want to ride a horse, or ATV, or bycylcle, or hike ,.... out into the middle of nowhere???

driving thru the middle of nowhere at 80 mph down the Inrterstate is not the same.

sometimes we find our selves in the middle of nowhere..... and sometimes out in the middle of nowhere we find OURSELVES......... think about it....

Absolutely !!

I like that place a lot better than in the middle of millions of people where I am right now !!

Some times we are our best doctor.. I don't see how folks live in town !!

I like that place a lot better than in the middle of millions of people where I am right now !!

Ditto. I want out of Toronto. Buddy just bought a place on the shore of Lake Erie and is moving there. Only problem for me & the wife is we work in downtown & the commute would be a *****.

I think these holiday seasons tends to give us time to reflect on life and ourselves, family. this is not directly at the holidays and its religious connection .( (could it be this is why this holiday season tends to have such a negative impact of some people? )

if you have ever experienced a "near death" experience, you will probably agree it gave you a NEW perspective on life. I have had several. ( my perspective should be great!, but lacking no doubt).

I know couple of people that lived thru 9-11. they went from being the Wall Street urban types, everything centered around their $$$$. one family moved to Az and other to Colo.... became " rural" BUT gained a whole completely different view on life and what is REALLY important, how to live life, how their kids are raised, the environment of everyday life, etc.... a book could be written on this whole subject.

sometimes living our life as we feel needs be, is not the easier path, but perhaps proves to be more rewarding and , the answer???

Amen to country living.
And a one-church,hick-town, as well.

I wonder if a lot of people spend too much time being busy, and not enough time doing the more important things in life, like family and friends,and taking the time to actually think/meditate. I used to be one of those.

Live in the country, work where you can make some money. There is one red light between me and my workplace 15 minutes away. We ride horses, four wheelers, sleds, hot rods, hunt, fish, grow food, raise livestock, all without leaving our road.. To each their own but I will never live in a city or its immediate suburb.

old saying : good fences make good neighbors.. could be distance between neighbors, make good neighbors!!!!!

living way out in the rural areas, makes you more self suffucient. it also helps people to realize when you ask a neighbor for help.

have a flat tire side the road, and you know what, 99 times out of 100, the guy that stops to help and ask if ya need help, will be the poor a-- in the beat up vehicle, not the ones in the newish truck or car.

some of us could live nowhere except the city or suburbs ( or so they think), the rest of us could live nowhere but the country.??????

There is nowhere like nowhere!! I live in one of those small, one horse towns, no stoplights, but I have land in the country, where I am going to build my retirement home in the woods.

We live in the sub/city and the two year plan has us in a Colorado cabin we can snowmobile off our front porch and a big shop for working on cars! and NO NABORS !!!!!!

We live in the sub/city and the two year plan has us in a Colorado cabin we can snowmobile off our front porch and a big shop for working on cars! and NO NABORS !!!!!!

I've seen Co. best to be wayyyyyyyyy out n the sticks if in Co. !????? ha ... only part of it I liked was N E part wayyyyy out in the country. or maybe s e part wayyyy out from civilization??? ha

i'm not anti social...... just don't want any neighbors and I drive a Dodge!!

I've seen Co. best to be wayyyyyyyyy out n the sticks if in Co. !????? ha ... only part of it I liked was N E part wayyyyy out in the country. or maybe s e part wayyyy out from civilization??? ha

i'm not anti social...... just don't want any neighbors and I drive a Dodge!!
Our main concern is not being able to see or hear nabors and have a couple/few acres and be with in an hour or two reach of our grandson in Aurora.
My wife drives a dodge (durango) !

-
Back