midlife crisis

-
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Todd and I live in Saskatchewan Canada. In high school I used to have a 70 Duster that I lived, ate, and breathed for. Sold it when I was 18, wanted another, life got in the way. Found myself in my late 30s before I knew it, married, kids, bored. Started to think about the old Duster getting more and more nostalgic for the good old days. Started looking for Dusters on Ebay. Found one in Oregon that looked pretty good fro $2000. Bought it, shipped it home, really happy with it. 1974 Plymouth Gold Duster, 225 slant six, console AT, buckets. Currently Sunfire Yellow. Plan on doing a resto. Nothing fancy just a real good driver. Might go B5 blue, red, purple, black looks pretty good too. Will go with a white vinyl roof and factory 74 360 stripes. Been poking around here lately and have found a lot of good info to help me. Currently gutted the interior replacing carpet and painting trim black.

Welcome.. You will find all the info and help from everyone here that you'll need. This is a great site with great people. Post some picture so we can see your progress.

Welcome Todd!! Yup been there, couldn't wait until my son was old enough to have an excuse to work my way into "our" classics again. Started with a 70 duster for him then got myself a Signet. Now all I get is what's that old fart doing with that car :shock:
Good to have ya!! let see some pics!!

pic4.JPG

Motor 3.JPG

scan0003.jpg

I can relate. Had a Duster when I was a kid,now I have a Duster,and a Dart Sport. The Sport is gettng a fresh 340,then it's time to start on the Duster. I just love second childhood's.:thumblef:

Duster Dart pics 024 (Small).jpg

Second childhood? I never got out of the first. Welcome and
enjoy the site. Took me 30 years to get the Duster to match
my first one. It's not going anywhere now.
Here it is at the Car Crap Nats this summer

100_0885.jpg

My wife tells all the time me I am like a kid when I am working on/driving my Duster. She is probably right........

Here is a picture of mine, painted Atlantic Blue Pearlcoat which is the clolor on newer Dodge Ram trucks.

Duster Small.jpg

Welcome Todd
sounds like you have everything back in order.
I am still waiting on my next Abodie,:sad2:
Hope you enjoy these great folks and tecs here.
We have the best of the best.:thumrigh:

Hey Todd from Saskabush, welcome to the fun. Actually there are a few other members on here from your neck of the praires. Enjoy. Some of us are past the midlife fun time and have entered the cool down mode of old age and therefore require a non-prescription indused adreneline rush.

Terry:burnout:

P6020033 (Small).JPG

Thought I'd try to post some pics. Finished the interior. Painted the doorpanls, dash, headliner, console, and sun visors. New carpet. New tires. Click the interior pics for larger pic.
Not bad for an amateur.

Your mid life crisis is coming along well!!!Bought a mountain bike at the start of mine....that didn't quite do it! Bought an A-body,yep that was the ticket:happy10:good luck with the rest of your project:cheers:

My first car was a 65 Dart with a HP-273. That was back in 1971 Now so many years later I have a 66 with a HP-273. Ya its a second childhood thing.
I just got out of the Dart a few minuites ago after a run to do the weekly banking. I really enjoy improving it when I have the time and money. I
also very much enjoy driving it every chance I get. This is what this sport is all about. toolmanmike

I'm driving mine every day. My P/U gets 15 MPG..........the Dart 21 MPG. Go figure.
Jim

-
Back