Might Have the Dart Sold......

-

pastortom1

Reaction score
Mixed feelings on this one....:banghead:....

I put the Dart Sport out in the Yard Sale today and got a very serious bite.......I have it valued at 20K with Heacock Classics, and offered it at $14,500. at the sale........... Drew lots of attention, and one gentleman there with his wife (about 65 or so, I'd say) fell in love with it......Requested all my information and said he was going to the bank........Yeah, I've heard it before with lots of cars, but sometimes you get lucky.

Don't know how I feel though........Even though I don't care a lot for the 2 tone paint job (it was bare 2 tone when I found it.......I had to make it what it is), I really like to drive her.........The Hurst feels really fine, and the 727 just slams the pavement when I ask it to:burnout:. If it sells, I'm gonna miss her more than my Demon I think..:crybaby:........just drives like a Mopar dream.

If she goes down the road, I guess I'll bring the 67 Cuda down from NY and put the 68 Charger together and have it transported. Gotta finish this stuff up before I get too old. :dontknow:

112_1256.jpg

112_1260.jpg

112_1263.jpg

Wow thats different, I really like it though. Know what you mean by good driver, thats our 74 duster but we arent ready to sell. More of a driver than a shower.

Looks like my hinge cover went to a good home Tom, very nice!( Don't do it!)

very nice just tell them you changed your mind and dont want to sell it is a really unique car and looks outstanding

Mixed feelings on this one....:banghead:....

I put the Dart Sport out in the Yard Sale today and got a very serious bite.......I have it valued at 20K with Heacock Classics, and offered it at $14,500. at the sale........... Drew lots of attention, and one gentleman there with his wife (about 65 or so, I'd say) fell in love with it......Requested all my information and said he was going to the bank........Yeah, I've heard it before with lots of cars, but sometimes you get lucky.

Don't know how I feel though........Even though I don't care a lot for the 2 tone paint job (it was bare 2 tone when I found it.......I had to make it what it is), I really like to drive her.........The Hurst feels really fine, and the 727 just slams the pavement when I ask it to:burnout:. If it sells, I'm gonna miss her more than my Demon I think..:crybaby:........just drives like a Mopar dream.

If she goes down the road, I guess I'll bring the 67 Cuda down from NY and put the 68 Charger together and have it transported. Gotta finish this stuff up before I get too old. :dontknow:
Is this not a 4 speed?Nice car!The Hurst feels really fine, and the 727 just slams the pavement when I ask it to:burnout:.

very nice just tell them you changed your mind and dont want to sell it is a really unique car and looks outstanding

That's a really lame thing to do to someone if you had it up for sale already. Just my opinion. I do however hope that your dart find a good home. Very nice car.

If the prospective buyer didn't give you any earnest money to hold it, or if you didn't make a concrete deal and shake hands, it is your perogative to withdraw the car from sale if you choose. Nothing lame about it.

Sounds like you're really not sure; unless the money would really benefit you in the long run, I would keep it. My two cents, not that you asked. Good luck with your decision, it's a tough one.

I agree with goldfish, if hands didn't shake or deposit wasn't received, no deal was struck. He has an offer for $5500 less than the car appraised at. Nothing more.

I want to hear more about that shifter and also the console with the cup holders.

No, it's not a 4 speed..........it's a snotty 727 auto, standard valve body....the shift kit in this one is ground poundin' fun.

I changed out the column collars and got rid of the shifter and selector.....then designed and welded up a custom floor shift featuring a new Hurst Pistol, with an A-Body boot and trim. It sets over the hump instead of offset to the driver like a 4 speed........No knuckle busting, and it's really comfortable in that position......straight line auto, with a special lock-out I designed to keep you out of reverse if you get excited.

The car is literally turnkey, and though it's not numbers matching, it's RIGHT....all the right stuff, and so much fun to cruise that it should be a crime.

If he comes up with the bankroll, I can bank the original investment and use the profit to set me up with what I need to spitshine the little Cuda and finish the 68 Charger..........That's the only reason I'm considering it.

I know I've said this before, but I'll see if I can post a thread on the shifter install sometime soon.........It's been frustrating because I can't "write" between photos using the FABO photo manager.......I have to use something else, and just haven't gotten around to it yet............ The install is NOT complex, by any means. Soon. :read2:

That is a beautiful Dart pastortom......I'll bet you'll miss it if you sell, but pretty good price in this economy.

I love the shifter setup......making an auto "look" like a 4-speed with that pistol grip.8) I'm wondering about you mentioning "writing" between the pics and say you can't do it with "FABO photo manager"? I may be able to help you with this if you're just uploading pics from the "manage attachments" window as I do.......would love to see how you set that shifter up too!!

It's been frustrating because I can't "write" between photos using the FABO photo manager.......I have to use something else, and just haven't gotten around to it yet............ The install is NOT complex, by any means. Soon.

Ok, let me try this: Here's my go to church ride

67 004f.jpg

Ramcharger/Joe's christmas present:

67 009f.jpg

A little something I had laying around:

67 023f.JPG

I was trying to put text between each pic.Took some screwing around but i got it.8)

67 023f.JPG

67 004f.jpg

67 009f.jpg

-
Back