milodon hi volume oil pump

-

famous bob

mopar misfit
Reaction score
Any of u guys ever use one of the mylodon hi volume oil pumps / how did it work out ? Also supposed to be 33% liter.

I bought a +25% pump and the rotors were about 1/8 taller, just a different recessed bottom cap. Not a milodon. I also had a Mr Gasket chrome pan that wouldnt fit a HV oil pump.

I bought a hi volume Milodon pump. It came with the Melling part number cast right into the body of the pump. Melling will forever be good enough for me if I'm buying an iron body pump.

I bought a hi volume Milodon pump. It came with the Melling part number cast right into the body of the pump. Melling will forever be good enough for me if I'm buying an iron body pump.
Melling is what I`m running, kinda suspecting it a little , no real proof, but don`t ''really''
want real proof !-----LOL thanks, The pump I`m looking at has an alum. body, hi volume , would have to use my external pick up plate and stuff on it.

Well those better work, I'm using one with the road race pan on a 540 we're building.

So r u back to building again Jim or? Kim
I'm only attempting to finish up the projects I had previously taken deposits on. Sometimes it goes slowly as I don't loan people money to build their engines. So as the customer provides the funds, I work on the engines.

Mines been working since 1999, and has over 100,000 miles on her.And I'm not real religious about the oil type nor the oil-change intervals. Seems to keep up, cuz I buzzzzzzzzzzz it up to 7000 plus as often as I can.

Mines been working since 1999, and has over 100,000 miles on her.And I'm not real religious about the oil type nor the oil-change intervals. Seems to keep up, cuz I buzzzzzzzzzzz it up to 7000 plus as often as I can.

Thot u had a small block !! We be talkin big ---------------- !

Any of u guys ever use one of the mylodon hi volume oil pumps / how did it work out ? Also supposed to be 33% liter.

I've been running one with the Milidon Road Race pan and Milidon Windage tray with a 1/2" pick-up and Hughes oiling system mods for about 3000 miles. I use the stock cast iron top on it with a Jomar 100% No-bypass filter. If the advertising is true, it seems to be a top-shelf combination. I did have to cut a slot for the pick-up tube in the windage tray to install it.

No issues with wear etc so far. Great ground clearance and oil control from the pan and solid oil pressure from day one.

21814.jpg

I've been running one with the Milidon Road Race pan and Milidon Windage tray with a 1/2" pick-up and Hughes oiling system mods for about 3000 miles. I use the stock cast iron top on it with a Jomar 100% No-bypass filter. If the advertising is true, it seems to be a top-shelf combination. I did have to cut a slot for the pick-up tube in the windage tray to install it.

No issues with wear etc so far. Great ground clearance and oil control from the pan and solid oil pressure from day one.

View attachment 1715183471

Thanks, thats what I wanted to hear. I did an oil mod to my 440/505 when building it, and don`t have the hot oil pressure that I would like. I could pull the heads and restrict the feed tubes , but the thing is running so well I don`t want to pull them. I will eventually tho , to helicoil # 7 plug hole, its directly behind the steering column . Can get it out , but cant get it back in w/o stripping it> bummer ! thanks again !

-
Back