Milodon street strip oil pan 30941

-

67 gt

A Wog boy who loves his Mopars !
Reaction score
Good day Mopar brethren I'm looking at purchasing this oil pan for my 408 build as I'm gathering parts before block is sent to my machinist Milodon Street and Strip Oil Pans 30941 , Has any one used this pan and had any fitment issues eg- sump hitting K member or any interference problems ?. I have the Dougs 453 installed and clearance is around 1-1.5 inches now with the std sump, just worried as these are wider. Transmission lines have been relocated . what oil dip stick have you used as this is a 7 qt vs the std 4 qt . Engine in at the moment is a Teener 318 ,67 Dart.
Thank you

I had to put a small notch on right front of k member, to clear corner of sump. My 17/8 tti headers clear fine. Don’t know about the Doug’s.

I had to put a small notch on right front of k member, to clear corner of sump. My 17/8 tti headers clear fine. Don’t know about the Doug’s.
what did you use for a dip stick due to the depth of the pan ?

n.y.340 dart is correct on the notch to clear the k member. I just use whatever dip stick I have. After you fill the pan and run the engine, let it sit. When you pull the dip stick note the level, then put a center punch mark at that spot. Now you have your full mark.

You'll probably need to drill a hole in the front baffle for the dip stick to go through or cut the dip stick off. I have three of these pans and all of them seem to be racked so to speak, if you line the bolt holes up on one side the other side will be off a little. A few minutes with a rotary file and it'll be fine. Also if you run a high volume oil pump the rear of the pan will need some massaging and possibly the pump cover and bolts.

i have had one, and hated it
i had to notch the K member to clear it (i installed it with the transmission attached, it might have fit without notching if i dropped the engine in straight down)

it did clear the dougs headers

be sure to do a good check of the welds, they do not have a good quality control reputation

in fact, if you have not purchased the pan yet, you may want to look into a kevco pan instead
Mike from MRL used to swear by them when he was building engines, and claimed they made more HP without a scraper then other pans with

Still a hole in the baffle, I never get a good reading because i didn't drill it and the dip stick bends and slides over the baffle only kissing the oil.

As for the pan hitting the k member on the pass side, lop the corner of the pan off and weld a flat piece over it. I would not cut the k member.

Kevko pan!
KEVKO M302 NEW MOPAR CHRYSLER RACE X-TRA CAPACITY OIL PAN 360 | eBay
Mind was for a 408 in a E-body but no K Frame problems and my Hooker Super Comp header had no fitment problems.
As for the HV oil pump........had already modified it for the stock oil pan..........no fitment issues.
Cudafever will look into those, yeah I have the HV pump but I think there was a post on here stating pan has 2 drain bolts & upper is for oil height, fill until oil starts to come out, as I'm not sure there is any provisions for a dip stick though. Will wait for some one to verify this.

Another vote for the Kevko pan. I used one on my 408 and it fit great and had no clearance problems with my TTI headers or K member. Stock dipstick works fine. You can see the upper fill bolt here.
upload_2017-10-8_6-35-42.jpeg

Hi,

I had to cut a relief in the pass side of the K Frame. Did it with the engine dangling after a close but no cigar attempt to get it in. Also like others have stated the dipstick was barely long enough to touch the oil. I have had a longer Milodon 20" 22220 replacement dip stick on order since June 2017. They keep lying to me saying that they are waiting for some spring steel stock to arrive to make them. Must be a once a year production run. lol

I like the pan and the internals, I used their re-usuable pan gasket and it fits sweet! Also I'm a sucker for a nice irridite finish!

Marion

Looking at buying one through KMJ on Ebay but they have run out of stock on the M301 pick up tube, sent a msg to see when they are getting them back in as I want to purchase on one transaction.

I bought mine directly from Kevko. Gave me a chance to chat with them about some of the issues (mostly welds) that people complained about. They told me if I wasn't happy for any reason, they would give me a full refund. The guy selling them on eBay probably doesn't carry any of their products in stock and has to order them from Kevko. Then if there's a problem with the pan, I'm pretty sure he's gonna refer you back to the people that made it. I'd just take him out of the equation. It's gonna cost a couple dollars more, but I bet you'll get better customer service dealing directly with Kevko. Good luck!

I bought mine directly from Kevko. Gave me a chance to chat with them about some of the issues (mostly welds) that people complained about. They told me if I wasn't happy for any reason, they would give me a full refund. The guy selling them on eBay probably doesn't carry any of their products in stock and has to order them from Kevko. Then if there's a problem with the pan, I'm pretty sure he's gonna refer you back to the people that made it. I'd just take him out of the equation. It's gonna cost a couple dollars more, but I bet you'll get better customer service dealing directly with Kevko. Good luck!
Thanks for that info Brian but in my case regardless on who I purchase it from as its got to be shipped to Aus it wouldn't be viable to send it back due to shipping costs, even if they offer money to be refunded. Engine is going on the Dyno before install so if there's any problems with leakage due to poor welds etc we will have to address it before install.

-
Back