Mini-Machine Shop nearly complete now, photos inside.

-

Alaskan_TA

Reaction score
This room is in a daylight basement with cinder block walls that had never been insulated. So the first step was doing a super tight insulation job in the joist and sill area, then 2" of rigid foam on the walls to start. I then built a 2x4 wall inside of that to hold the outlets & more insulation.

I had to redo some of the supply & drain plumbing since the old pipes & tubing were right up against the old wall. I was adding six inches of new wall with the insulation & 1/2 plywood to cover it, so I also added a hot water hose bib outside for parts wash down while I was at it.

Once the bench was in & several coats of clear dried I mounted the press & vise, then added the shelf above it.

The wall with the 8 wheeled shelf was done at the very beginning, so I am including it here just so you get a better feel of the overall layout.

mm1.JPG

mm2.JPG

mm3.JPG

mm4.JPG

Love the Dake arbor press. Made right down close to where I work!!

Got an idea for ya. Make it mobile and stop at my place and help me finish my 69 Dart project. Seriously though very nice job!

you know what they say - an organized space is a sign of a sick mind... ya sicko! :thumbsup: very nice - now get to work :poke:

It looks great but you need to use it! That's great Barry!

-
Back