Mini Tub or Not?

-
Depends on what you plan on doing with your car?Street or Strip?or abit of both?If you have the know how and tools and want some bigger tires under there.I say do some research on the work involved,measureing and b.spacing sizes.Then make your decision.Good luck.

The answer is yes.

4701156-MVC-019S.jpg

4701157-MVC-020S.jpg

4701159-MVC-021S.jpg

You can always put a smaller tire on it if you like.

Unless you need to tub it to get bigger tires to fit DON'T!!...one of the coolest things people find about my duster is the fact it's not cut up,all factory steel,and nothing has been moved...

Unless you need to tub it to get bigger tires to fit DON'T!!...one of the coolest things people find about my duster is the fact it's not cut up,all factory steel,and nothing has been moved...

what size wheels and tire are you running? i have a 73 duster with a fold down rear seat and really don't want to minitub it if i don't have to.

You would be suprised by the size of tire you can fit on the back of some Mopars without any modifications or the tire sticking out past the wheel opening. I had my rims custom sized with the backspacing and forward spacing that would properly utilize the stock space on the rear of my car.
Ask yourself, is it for visual appearance or for practical purpose on a quarter mile race track that I need to tub my car.

Valiant body style, you'll get a 255 under it without much effort. Any larger and it's a pain without perfect offset wheels and using a mini spring location kit.

If you want a larger tire, mini tubbing is a must.

if it's going to stay looking stock then it's a waste of effort, but i love big tires - for handling, hook-up, and looks.

what size wheels and tire are you running? i have a 73 duster with a fold down rear seat and really don't want to minitub it if i don't have to.

275/60 15 drag radials..and you DON'T need big tires to hook my duster 60' in the low 1.40's with the 416,1.60's with the 360 set up your suspension right and you can hook without a problem..

Mini tubbed is an awesome look in my opinion. My Barracuda has a full tub, but I think the mini is a better look on many of the body styles, the Valiants included. It's not hard to do at all if you are even reasonably handy.

That Valiant is AMAZING!!!

To further help your decision, here is my 70 Dart minitubbed with some fatty 315/35/17's...

mu90mr.jpg

4vias8.jpg

149m3r6.jpg

I say keep it original, but what do I know...

...Oh, I know that we all become our fathers.

Nothing like big fat tires and a stock looking trunk!!!!!! I say do it, but its kinda pointless without the springs moved in.....

-
Back