Miss Maylene

-
Always great to see the Miss Maylene thread. Paint is a hard decision. Don't you like any Mopar colors of the period?

I do! I like lots of them, found all of those on summits racing site and thought they looked pretty good.

Im a huge fan of go mango and plum crazy but they are way overdone I think.

Heres the list of them I found. Really like B-3, A-9, Y-2, or Y-9. Also Butterscotch.

She was originally all white with black vinyl roof and black interior. I think white is just a bit plain.

SO confusing hahaha

Thanks Gold Fish hopefully next update will have something more exciting!

Hey Tony,would you believe I only found this thread and a cool thread at that. It looks like you had done a bunch of work on it since the Monster Mopar Weekend. I subscribed so I don't miss anything.

The paint colors would be confusing and thought that A-4 (Light Gunmetal Poly) would be nice and maybe even a black vinyl top as well. Just my 2 cents worth.

John

Hey Tony,would you believe I only found this thread and a cool thread at that. It looks like you had done a bunch of work on it since the Monster Mopar Weekend. I subscribed so I don't miss anything.

The paint colors would be confusing and thought that A-4 (Light Gunmetal Poly) would be nice and maybe even a black vinyl top as well. Just my 2 cents worth.

John

Hey John it's good to hear from you! Yeah I have been trying to get more done on her but time and money always are hard to find. I hope to have it up and going by monster weekend. Glad you joined the thread, hope I can have some good updates!

Oh before I forget there is a guy down the road from me with a 8.25 rearend complete for $75, it came out of a van with a 360 in it. He says it will fit A bodies but I'm not 100% sure, what you guys think?

Saw this sunday on my way back to school. Gosh was it pretty! Im guessing a 71 by grille and emblem placement on the fenders. Some sort of V8 cause it sound real nice!

Made me wanna drive mine...

'71 Small Block, He had it at this years Monster Mopar.

Choosing a color can be a big headache! If you don't like the original white color, look at some of the older whites that were offered (thinking WW1 white, like my '67, which is more of an eggshell white). A white car can match any top/stripe colors you may want to add, plus any interior colors as well. Just a thought.....
Keep up the great work!

Thanks! Ill keep it in mind, I don't mind white it just seems kinda plain but who knows!

To excited to wait till I had something better to update with. So I got 4 weeks left of school, then I just need to find a better job or a way to make a few more bucks. Dart needs done! Haha.

Ah! The big exciting news though..... I'm going to be taught painting and body work. Finally something I can use hahaha. But I went to some jewelry party with my mom at one of her friends house and I hung out with her husband and his friend. They both are huge car guys, his friend (who happens to live down the road from me) has a 68 chevelle that all numbers matching and Pat (moms friends husband) did the paint on it. It has won lots of trophys around indiana. But I regress. Anyway I told them about the dart and how I was new at all this and trying to learn things myself to do well they both thought that was really cool and offered to teach me. Pat was a body man for over 30 years and his friend is a welder. They said they won't do the work but would show me how to do it and is have to supply them with some beer. Now I have to get it ready to run! Oh boy!

WOOT! Check out what I got from j-miller! He is a great guy!

Can't wait to get them on!

Glad you like them Tony! Can't wait to see you have them on the car now!

Wow you were right! I thought I was looking at my car for a second there. Keep up the good work.

Went to the auto parts store with one of my room mates to get a new alternator for his Lumina while there I wondered off (its a problem I have) and found paint..... I really like the color combo and its a factory chrysler color....who knows

Merry Christmass to all! I hope everyone has a great day and stays safe out there. Also hopefully santa brings you whatever you need for your build!

Merry Christmas back to you Tony from the j-miller garage!

Attachments

• IMG_9830_detail.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 421
Merry Christmas back to you Tony from the j-miller garage!

Nice John! Hope your Christmas was good! You should sell me that demon...

So I got a new radiator for the dart! I really needed one....and some brand new DART emblems for the fenders. My father also agreed that if I couldn't get the dart running right in the next few week he would send it to his shop to get it worked on. It will start but wont run unless its on high idle so I just gotta play with it

Yeah I hear 'ya Tony. You wouldn't want my heap:D. I just want to slap mine back together so I can scare the neighbors out of town.....Lol:burnout:!

-
Back