Mission Impossible 318

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t know, stock eliminator guys use cheater cams.
If they are going to have a stock cam reground...to be a million percent honest, that's no longer a stock engine and the whole premise is absolutely bullshit.

Sorry but if you're out there regrinding a stock 318 cam and thinking it's still stock... you're a couple short of a six pack.

I don’t know, stock eliminator guys use cheater cams.
I will openly admit that I don't know all their tricks. I do know, if you are in the low 11's... you ain't stock.

(Not directed to you but to UTG/DV/and the fat boy) That's ridiculous.

Anyone could just spec a custom solid lift cam with long duration and rev it out and get 318 hp.

ALL. CREDIBILITY. LOST.
Any hp cam is at the mercy of mismatched heads and intake not to mention exhaust manifolds. Everything must work together.

I will openly admit that I don't know all their tricks. I do know, if you are in the low 11's... you ain't stock.
All it takes is 350 horsepower, a loose converter and 6.66 gears.

82127E91-E3FD-45CD-BF61-2E49A32B6034.png

Thanks for showing how much you know.....IF and it is a big IF......any stock eliminator racer told you how much they spend on their "stock" parts it would make your eyes blow completely out the back of your skull.......LOL.......you guys, lol
This is one place we can agree. The money they spend to go slow is amazing. Yes..... A ten second "stock" 340 Duster is cool. But they have as much as Cuda does in his 434!!

I'm not an UTG fanboy but do watch some of his stuff now and then, I think this is an interesting build, I just don't see why the same 3-5 guys have to go on every UTG thread and spew their hate/dislike for him and kill every thread, you don't like him fair enough but don't you have better things to with your life? Go start a better youtube channel or something if it bothers you that much.
Folks here were picking fights with him when he was selling parts on this sight years ago. I believe he just said the hell with it and started his own fan base on YouTube. Unfortunately still the same folks here still trying to drag him through the muck even though he no longer posts on here. Can’t figure out what it is that make some treat him so ill.

I always advise the best bang for the buck is a magnum 360 with a chinese intake.
But think of the broke 15 year old kid we all once were. A die grinder or a dremel was the key to the horsepower kingdom.
Remember the excitement of scoring a cheap sure grip or 4 barrel intake at the scrap yard.

This hobby needs to be fun and accessible or it will die.

Figure it out. Those broke 15 year olds are going to get a G3 Hemi because that’s what’s in the junk yards. Or an LS. Or some jap ****.

No one with the IQ of a grape is dumpster diving in junk yards looking for 440’s 340’s and G2 Hemis. They ain’t there and haven’t been there for years and years.

Got 2 RED X's from the forum narcissists........ :rofl:

Can’t figure out what it is that make some treat him so ill.
Because Tony's a ******* bonafide legend, and the dude's here are just legends in their own lunchtimes.

TonyD.jpeg

Last edited:
Should make for interesting viewing either way.

Advice. I had a father in law decades ago that would tell me is "advice" and follow up and say, its you job to take ALL advice and information and decides what works for you. Thats life.
Today, we have so much information (advice) as to how to do anythin from buildng a rocket ship to wiping your ***. We are fortunate. Take what work for you.
UT is just a kickdog for some. He puts himself out here to be a kickdog maybe. with the video Utube game.

Figure it out. Those broke 15 year olds are going to get a G3 Hemi because that’s what’s in the junk yards. Or an LS. Or some jap ****.

No one with the IQ of a grape is dumpster diving in junk yards looking for 440’s 340’s and G2 Hemis. They ain’t there and haven’t been there for years and years.
Maybe so. Very likely on the jap stuff.
The basic principles remain the same though.
Also since old cars are so expensive a lot of young people are into old pickups. It shocking the amount of young guts trying to figure out their 318's in their old d truck these days.
Not everyone is building a race car. A lit of people just want a little more power for the street.
But like so said, If this deal is done right(IF) it is knowledge and skills that can be built upon to build bigger and better.
By the logic I'm seeing here none of should have ever hopped up anything without a complete rebuild.

It is entertainment, and it draws attention to the hobby, & this thread is already 6 pages deep. Not everybody wants to set records, impress everyone, or anyone for that matter.
There were a few "***** ***** Gubb Gubb" Slanty.org members, complaining about Tony(whitepunkonitro here), for what? There was a certain degree of envy/resentment that He was getting so much attention with His Slanty project(s), while some of the established group of fans & racers felt slighted, & Tony's comments about Doug were percieved as a small slap in the face. When I built the "Killer6" in '87-'88, I'd never heard of Doug, but was glad someone else was fascinated with them when He was featured with His reproduction Hyperpak intake effort. Ultimately in the UTG related *****-fest/discussion, I posted to give Him what He gets right, & point out what ain't right. Just go out, put Him on the trailer, & STFU. Which is ultimately exactly what happened when He finally showed for His "Slanted Nationals", by a non-griping member, lol!!! But truth is, there were probably 10x the hits on .orgs site, and 100x the Slanty searches on the web. It gets more potential people into the hobby, OUR hobby/passion/carriers, and We need the strength in numbers right now. However & wherever they come from, because there are plenty who would love to or care less to, watch it die. There are probably 10:1, 318:340s/360s in numbers out there, so everyone should scrap them? Maybe, just maybe, a guy has a stone- stock 'teener & would like to get good early 340 scoot out of it w/o looking for another engine/Magnum swap issues/etc. As a matter of fact, at this very moment, We have a great member here addressing an "upgrade" purchase that went south. Without help, it surely would total more $$$ than just upgrading a currently running mill by far.
For cryin' out loud, let the project run it's course, even if it results in another UTG faceplant!!!

Ah yes...the slanted nationals....where the famous "plan z" showed up to let everyone know UT is a "legend" No suprise it was slow, and ate itself on that run. According to super mopar ace tony, it left so hard it uncovered his home made drag race oil pan. I dont know anyone who thinks 2.5 60 fts in a 2000lb all out race car is "leaving hard"

Ah yes...the slanted nationals....where the famous "plan z" showed up to let everyone know UT is a "legend" No suprise it was slow, and ate itself on that run. According to super mopar ace tony, it left so hard it uncovered his home made drag race oil pan. I dont know anyone who thinks 2.5 60 fts in a 2000lb all out race car is "leaving hard"
I wonder how much stuff has blown up over the years when guys are experimenting?

Lot of 318’s out there.

I always advise the best bang for the buck is a magnum 360 with a chinese intake.
But think of the broke 15 year old kid we all once were. A die grinder or a dremel was the key to the horsepower kingdom.
Remember the excitement of scoring a cheap sure grip or 4 barrel intake at the scrap yard.

This hobby needs to be fun and accessible or it will die.
Broke 15 year olds. How about broke adults?:) You are exactly right, the hobby must be fun and accessible to continue. I remember those scrapyard scores and even today.

( general comment: )
I can't afford a stroker crank, new rods, pistons, associated machine work. I"ve run 318's because that's what my vehicles came with. Never once thought I was wasting my money on those engines. I don't go for the "if you ain't getting max horsepower, you ain't sh*t" mentality." I like the UTG channel and his philosophy of looking at the whole build of what are you trying to achieve. Been in this hobby 40+ years, by the metrics of some of the posters on this thread, I shouldn't be here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back