mistakes

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
Why is it when you make a mistake when trying to help someone we have one or 2 old crabby farts that pounce on it. Instead of politely pointing out your mistake they reply sarcastically. Maybe it makes them feel super smart to show you up? Well to them that feel that way have fun with your game. Although your perfect I'm not so I guess I'm fair game. I rarely screw up and don't like it when I do but crap happens. I guess you don't know the feeling though

I hope it aint me yer talkin about. I've actually been tryin to be better about it.

Fishy, I can relate to what you are saying. The last I knew the only man that ever walked the earth was Jesus Christ and the rest of us are going to make mistakes.

Why is it when you make a mistake when trying to help someone we have one or 2 old crabby farts that pounce on it.

I'm sorry you took it that way. There was no pouncing, nor sarcasm intended

This is the problem with the internet. Had you and I been discussing this over coffee, this would have never happened.

On the other hand, how does starting a thread out with "crabby old fart" help?

iam sorry to hear that. i know some times when i am ttrying to help i sound like that but don't mean to be that way

The main fact is, 99.9% of us truly want to help others, and I know your one of them Tracy. I've made plenty of mistakes.......Caught a few myself, been called on just a few, but I welcome anyone to call me out.....I hope most just do it in a cordial way so we can get to the results that the OP's, and the rest of us need to learn things. I have a pretty thick skin, so if anyone disagrees with my opinions, let me know.....Just don't be a peepee head about it. :D

It's the internet. Misunderstandings happen really easily. Far as I'm concerned, you two crabby old farts are probably two of the smartest crabby old farts on this site. It stands to reason over time, people will get rubbed the wrong way, or rub somebody else the wrong way and not necessarily on purpose.

When I first joined, I wanted to show off just how much I knew. Fact is, I knew nothing in comparison to some of yall here. Took me a while and a few times being banned to realize I aint a big dog around here. I really don't want to be either.

But you two guys. Yall know a lot of stuff. Between Tracy's transmission knowledge and Del's electrical knowledge, we're slam loaded up with two heavies right there, right off the bat. I'm humbled and honored to be on the same site with both of yall.

Del, you already saw where Tracy said he was havin diabetes trouble. Take it with a grain of sand like the gentleman you are. Hell, I'd be honored if one of yall called me a crabby old fart. You bunch of crabby old farts.

Most folks who know me, know that sarcasm is a second language in our family. I tend to forget that it doesn't translate well on the web. I go back and read some of the crap I've spewed years earlier and feel like I should be ashamed.

I usually get over it though.

I have a couple friends (yes older) that seems to jump in and be rude and full of there self when I am wrong about something in there own mind!! Yep ! I don't even argue, I just say ... Wow! I never looked at it that way and carry on..
Hay!! If anyone makes a mistake that means they are doing something in my book...... If a person don't make any mistakes they are not doing anything.

Ill be the first to admit that I can sound like an *** and be an ***. Neither of which make me feel good. Most times like many others, I come across as being an *** and stepped on toes without meaning too.

At times I have a gigantic one on my back.....And that is ok.....Whatever blows there skirt up. There is more than one member here that seems to enjoy belittling people when they are wrong. And to them....I have had far better insults hurled at me by far better folks...so if it makes you feel good about yourselves fire away. What I always wonder about is some of these folks that clearly have a chip on there shoulder while on this site.....are you like this in person? And if so, how many times has someone beat your a**?

I hope it aint me yer talkin about. I've actually been tryin to be better about it.

Heck no I wasn't talking about you Rob. Your like a second brother to me.

Fishy, I can relate to what you are saying. The last I knew the only man that ever walked the earth was Jesus Christ and the rest of us are going to make mistakes.

Yes sir, that's the truth

I'm sorry you took it that way. There was no pouncing, nor sarcasm intended

This is the problem with the internet. Had you and I been discussing this over coffee, this would have never happened.

On the other hand, how does starting a thread out with "crabby old fart" help?

Your right Del. Sometimes it's real hard to tell the intent of what's said when it's just a post on a web board. Thank you for the apology and I apologize about the crabby old fart remark. I blew another disc in my back and been in severe pain the past week along with the diabetes going crazy and said it in haste when I should have just not said anything. In fact I should take a break from trying to help people until I'm back to normal.

The one thing I truly hate about internet forums is you have no clue how to interpret tings at times. I got tossed off an off road forum a few years back because of a comment I made to a friend........he took it as a joke but someone else took it as a threat and threw a fit....Misunderstandings are part of life, not much one can really do about it. It is good that you put this out there instead of letting it stew......no doubt that would have not been good for you....

The one thing I truly hate about internet forums is you have no clue how to interpret tings at times. I got tossed off an off road forum a few years back because of a comment I made to a friend........he took it as a joke but someone else took it as a threat and threw a fit....Misunderstandings are part of life, not much one can really do about it. It is good that you put this out there instead of letting it stew......no doubt that would have not been good for you....

That's right Doug. When talking in person you can generally tell by the tone of the persons voice but here we don't have that luxury. That sucks getting tossed off a board over a joke.

Hey Everyone,

It's good to see that on this site there is overwhelming knowledge and years of experience between you all. And even though sometimes you don't agree with each other, when there is a disagreement, it seems that everyone here is man enough and respectful enough to admit when they are wrong. You are setting an awesome example for the new up and coming enthusiasts/younger crowd. It's good to see that even though we are all human and sometimes make mistakes, everyone is treated with respect on this site.

I have my moments, but i'm willing to admit when i'm wrong or someone shows me a better way.
I'm just an old fart at heart, and have a pretty thick skin, so don't mind me......

I've had the pleasure of meeting Tracy in person several times. He is one of the most kind and knowledgable guys I've run accross. We have time to sit and talk several times at length and I all I can do is learn from him. It's easy to create a misunderstanding from behind the keyboard even though we never to intend to.

Yeah, like yesterday when you kindly pointed out my Summit and Jeg's discount code links were in the wrong forum .... :-D

-
Back