Mocking the engine up...hmmmm???

-

GSS340

Reaction score
Am getting ready to assemble my 340 and decided to play around a little.

whatever 197dualsmall.JPG

whatever 197small.JPG

I want several close up shots of that dual quad!

ramcharger said:
Let me guess, Adobe Photoshop?

You guessed it! I thought that would be obvious but with the small pic it kinda looks real. I wish I could find a dual quad intake for it but the air gap single will have to do.

As for the specs on the engine. Its a standard bore '71 340 with factory lower end (10.5 pistons), ARP bolts, Comp Cam XE-268, Edelbrock Air-Gap with 800 edelbrock. Heads are the '71 "J" heads with 2.02's and have had the springs upgraded. I went with the 340 build up in Mopar Muscle and figured this would be a nice setup in my swinger 340. I will be running the stock 4spd behind it with a 3.23 sure-grip. I also had the rods checked out and ARP bolts inserted for safety. The headers are the holley ceramic coated jobs.

I gotta throw something else out here though...Just mocking this thing up and looking at it, it looks wicked in the cast color with the current accessories...anybody else like that? I am still debating on painting it to the 69 color it should be for my car or I may end up painting it cast color. Thanks also for the comments...I can't wait to drop it in finally and take it for a spin. This will be a couple firsts for me doing this. One...I have never ridden or driven a 340 powered vehicle and Second...I have never ridden or driven an a-body so I will be a virgin to this experience until the cars done.

1969 Swinger 340, 4spd, 8.75 with 3.23 sure-grip

Ahhh...the attention to detail bit gets me again. How's this.

They should have a dual carb setup for these...I would buy one for sure. Looks mean

whatever 197dualsmall.JPG

I mock my engine all the time.... I stand in the yard and yell at it.

I dare you to run longer than 20 miles!

You better make some HP you rotten lump of steel & aluminum....

You blow up I'm gonna push you off a barge into the East River!

You have slant 6 in your gene pool!

mocked2_jpg-vi.jpg

FASTBACK340 said:
I mock my engine all the time.... I stand in the yard and yell at it.

I dare you to run longer than 20 miles!

You better make some HP you rotten lump of steel & aluminum....

You blow up I'm gonna push you off a barge into the East River!

You have slant 6 in your gene pool!

mocked2_jpg-vi.jpg
Oh my!!!! I just spit on my computer!!!! That was FUNNY!

-
Back