Mod top/No mod top?

-
I'm not always gung ho about back to original, unless you've got something rare. Until I read about the potential rarity of your ride, I was "stay with the white top." Now that I understand there's a chance you could be one of one, I say go with the ugly, red stripe AND the mod top.

Put the mod top back on for sure your car looks awsome with it just my opinion my brother had a 69 cuda with mod interior it was crazy he would have to beat people with sticks to get away from the car he still has interior if any ones interested! Its a piece of chrysler history I'd put it on and be PROUD!!!!

I like it without the mod top. The car looks great as it sits.

Like... oh wow, man..... I'd put the mod top back on it, dude. :toothy10:

Seriously, that is not a combination that you would see very often. Now some might say there's a good reason for that - fugly. But what you have there is a unique combination, likely not to be seen again. You would definitely stand out at any show. And when you prove that it's factory original, jaws will surely drop. Attention, whether good or bad is still attention and that combination will definitely get you some attention.

Yup, I'd mod it. Stripe it. Be proud of it. And remember... it's puff, puff, pass. :toothy10:

I want to put a thanks out there to everyone for their input! I probably would put the mod top on it, unfortunately, after talking to Dick at Legendary, he says he hasn't seen that material for years, no plans to get more. Didn't think they had the yellow either. So on a chance I called Van Dyke Dodge and Roseville Chrysler, but no luck there. Oh well, some day I may run across it.
Of course, if somebody had one for sale..... ](*,)

All the Mod top cars I have seen in the last 25 years have been yellow,green or blue.I have never seen ANY other color with this top.So if you have a true black car with that top it is a pretty rare car.But myself would never even consider putting that top back on that car.Maybe buy the top and keep it in the box.Just so you have it and it may helpwhen you resell it.
If I were to change the top I would go with black myself.
Jim

I think that I'd stick with the white.

WOW, I was all for the mod top. Till I saw this. I don't know now.
Now that I have said that. If it was my car. I would put the mod top on:toothy10:
If I could find one that is. It is defferent, and I like to be different. That is one reason I got in to Mopars affter all. Good luck finding the top.

I'd say go with the top, although i'm a little biased as i have a mod car myself. the tops not on the car yet, but it's in the basement waiting to go on. too bad you can't find the material. i got mine from laysons which took for freakin ever. turns out it's from legendary anyways. good luck with the project.

I say MOD it if you can find the material. If it's as rare as we think, put that sucker out on the internet, take it to as many shows as you can and MAYBE you might find the original owner, THAT would be a story to tell the grand kids

If it where my car .. I without a doubt would put the Mod top on it..... I thought my combo was pretty rare but yours makes mine look like a Chevy 350...... Everybody always ask me if I am going to put the white back on ??? And I admit I did not like the white at first and thought black would look a lot better I will definitely put the white back on it... Trust me it will grow on you after awhile and you will like it.... BTW I think it looks great in the photo shop pic you have...:cheers:

The build sheet indicates a transverse stripe. Is that the bumblebee tail stripe ir the narrow longitudinal stripe down the sides? The long stripes might not look as odd.

I want to put a thanks out there to everyone for their input! I probably would put the mod top on it, unfortunately, after talking to Dick at Legendary, he says he hasn't seen that material for years, no plans to get more. Didn't think they had the yellow either. So on a chance I called Van Dyke Dodge and Roseville Chrysler, but no luck there. Oh well, some day I may run across it.
Of course, if somebody had one for sale..... ](*,)

Needle in a haystack for sure, but worth the effort to find a mod top supplier somewhere, somehow. Never Say Never

I want to change my opinion from earlier posts. Allowed to huh....? :tongue3:

Find the mod top and put it on.....

Someone mentioned w/ a green stripe instead of red.....interesting.

You have to remember guys Mod top cars also got Mod interior....I have never seen a Mod top car without the Mod interior.I have been going to Mopar shows since 1984.But just a Mod top car is always possible.

If this is a black,black,green Mod top,red stripe car the Guy or gal who ordered this car had to be on LSD. LOL
JIM

-
Back