model career my be over

-

Avispa

Reaction score
a few weeks ago i shattered the bones in my left wrist, at my age and health condition it will be a long time before i have any use of the left hand. i have all kinds of kits in my stash, i'll never build them all, and maybe never build again. that said, this isn't a for sale thread, but if your looking for something in particular let me know and i'll post it in the for sale section, i have cars, armor, planes, a few watercraft, some parts boxes, and a lot of big rig tractors and trailers, i had recently starteda stash of the kinda expevsive le mans kit's, porsche 917, toyota 88 and 89, mclaren m8, ferrari 330p4, tons of paint, auto air, tamiya, testors acrylic, testors box kits for military uniforms, rust and chipping sets, green camo rust and weathering, etc., craft paints, creative paint colors, rock molds for dioramas, don't see it? just ask.
double bummer, i was looking at a 58 ford vert, yep, can't drive either.

Last edited:
Oh man, I really hate to hear about that happening. Your model work is second to none, and I still don’t see how you were able to use half of that stuff that’s nearly unusable to make your own items from (that horrible Testors putty comes to mind). Best wishes and prayers for a speedy recovery.

This is sad. I have no interest in building models, but I commend those who do. I sure wish you well and hope you are able to recover

Not good news, but remember, it could have been worse & there is always someone who is in far worse shape.

Man that sucks, while I certainly cannot begin to think about doing what you do and how you model, I loved your posts and creativity. It was just so cool to watch what you would be doing. I would have to have a robot for hands and a lamp shade magnifying glass to work on all those tiny parts. With your talent level, man o man I would not liquidate stuff yet. You might be surprised at how you heal, and your models may help inspire you to heal and give you motivation. Healing is only about 10% physical and about 90% mental. Stay positive and glue on or whatever it is you guys say! Love your work!

Sorry to hear about the hand, take it easy on it and let it heal.

Thats terrible. Heal fast.

I can't like a post like this, I mean..."I broke my wrist" and then likes & thanks seems mean.
Jks aside..
So how did you destroy your wrist?

Thats terrible. Heal fast.

I can't like a post like this, I mean..."I broke my wrist" and then likes & thanks seems mean.
Jks aside..
So how did you destroy your wrist?
i'de rather not say how it happened, just to say i was being well intentioned but stupid in the heat of the moment. if there's a silver lining, it was my left, i'm right handed

Sorry to hear about your wrist. Modeling may be some good therapy in the future to help regain full strength and range of motion.
Glad you can still type...even if it's one-handed!

a few weeks ago i shattered the bones in my left wrist, at my age and health condition it will be a long time before i have any use of the left hand. i have all kinds of kits in my stash, i'll never build them all, and maybe never build again. that said, this isn't a for sale thread, but if your looking for something in particular let me know and i'll post it in the for sale section, i have cars, armor, planes, a few watercraft, some parts boxes, and a lot of big rig tractors and trailers, i had recently starteda stash of the kinda expevsive le mans kit's, porsche 917, toyota 88 and 89, mclaren m8, ferrari 330p4, tons of paint, auto air, tamiya, testors acrylic, testors box kits for military uniforms, rust and chipping sets, green camo rust and weathering, etc., craft paints, creative paint colors, rock molds for dioramas, don't see it? just ask.
Hate to hear the misfortune friend. Might you have a.73 Charger SE, and/or a 74 Plymouth Scamp

Any updates on this? How are you healing up? Well I hope.

-
Back