modern side-view mirror adaptation

-

FISHBREATH

Reaction score
Have any of you guys ever grafted a modern powered side-view mirror to one of our dinosaurs? I am thinking of scrounging a junkyard to decide whether one could be adapted.

I helped a friend of mine graft a modern Corvette power mirror off of a 97 to his 73 it was really nothing to do, the hardest part was the wiring, remember these cars are VERY old and alot of them cannot handle modern power requirements. Make sure your wiring is up to the challenge.

My son wanted me to put in a smiley so don't take offense,,,:bootysha:

LMAO My kid is laughing hysterically

FISHBREATH,

I talked with a guy with a '70-'71 Challenger convertible. He used power mirrors from a Pontiac Fiero. The angle of the mirror nearly matched the rake of the windshield. Looke good in my opinion.

Chally w-Fiero Mirrors.JPG

Thanks, guys. I'll soon be scrounging through some local junkyards.

Madmikeee, I am humiliated. I was mooned by a kid! Why you, I aughtta...

Ok I'll agree the later mirrors look good on that Challenger. I'll have to try a whole lot of mopar mirrors first. The heated mirrors from a 90s Lebarron maybe ?

Thanks, guys. I'll soon be scrounging through some local junkyards.

Madmikeee, I am humiliated. I was mooned by a kid! Why you, I aughtta...

:toothy10::toothy10:

gotta love 5 year olds

i want to do that with the new challenger mirrors. they are almost old school rally mirrors but power and maby heated

Mirrors from most new cars seem to be mounted to the forward window frame of the driver door instead of on stalks, like our older cars had. I will scrounge some yards.

I can only imagine the cost of a set of mirrors from a new Challenger. $$$.$$

-
Back