Modern style headlights

-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Landon

76 340 Duster
Reaction score
I've been looking at buying some crystal/diamond cut clear headlights with the halo rings for accent lights and a modern look. I would love to see some pics of anyone that has put anything like this on their cars

PM slantsixdan and ask him. He is an automotive lighting engineer and one of the nations top authorities on automotive lighting and automotive lighting safety.

Have halos in mine just no pics of them on. Might have a pic of them in the car. Best I have for now.

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    100.2 KB · Views: 891
  • 007.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 864
i have never put them in a dart but the jeeps i have if you do get the up graded wiring harness with the relays in it

I'd love a modern headlight setup. Sealed beams suck.

I've got the conversion housings in my 71 with 8k HID bulbs. You absolutely can't beat the light output. I have had them in the car for a good 9 months and would never go back to a sealed beam! Not a chance. Pretty sure I would rather not drive my car at night lol. Now I do have one advantage. The wiring in the car is out of the 01 ram. Same truck I swapped everything else from. The stock wiring will not hold up to the amperage that the HID's require. I say do it! Just make sure the wiring is up for it.

I've got the conversion housings in my 71 with 8k HID bulbs. You absolutely can't beat the light output. I have had them in the car for a good 9 months and would never go back to a sealed beam! Not a chance. Pretty sure I would rather not drive my car at night lol. Now I do have one advantage. The wiring in the car is out of the 01 ram. Same truck I swapped everything else from. The stock wiring will not hold up to the amperage that the HID's require. I say do it! Just make sure the wiring is up for it.

do you have a number for the bulb and housing used? also is there an "inverter" or anything inline other than relays?

Not a Halo.............Better.
Lets see who knows what these are?

:burnout:

Attachments

• Dart Sport 0155.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 827
do you have a number for the bulb and housing used? also is there an "inverter" or anything inline other than relays?

No I just picked up some 7" housings from my supplier, and a HID kit from a local shop. No relays came with the HID kit, just the ballasts. You definitely want to wire in relays for sure, if using the original wiring. The housings are about $30 each for the H4 bulb style, and the HID's run $75. Well worth the investment.

Have the smaller version of this
https://www.streetrodhq.com/shop/de...D_HEADLIGHT_Xe7R_7_ROUND_BIFUNCTION_TWIN_PACK
on my bike, can't say enough good things about it. Have heard a ton of less than favorable things in regards to halo lamps....

says discontinued...

No I just picked up some 7" housings from my supplier, and a HID kit from a local shop. No relays came with the HID kit, just the ballasts. You definitely want to wire in relays for sure, if using the original wiring. The housings are about $30 each for the H4 bulb style, and the HID's run $75. Well worth the investment.

what are the housings off of stock? or are they aftermarket?

I'd rather have a halogen over hid. Why because its hard to dial those in.

I guess the Halo's would be nice yet, I have taken a different route where my headlights are Halogen and the amber parking lights are also the directionals which are enclosed inside the headlight itself. In the early evening the headlights turn amber in the parking light position. The Barracuda grill houses driving lights which are blue but turn to white light when on. I'm not really ol'school or new school, yet I am low key when it comes to being stopped by authorities. Here's a photo and you can see the amber bulb in the passenger side headlight..

Not a Halo.............Better.
Lets see who knows what these are?

:burnout:
Without a better picture, I'm betting that those are late-model Harley-Davidson projector headlights, introduced in 2006 for touring models in the Part's and Accessories catalog, later to be factory installed on CVO bikes beginning in, I believe, 2008. I think #67700033 would be the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back