Monster Mopar Weekend Indianapolis on Sept.21,22,23 (Who's going?)

-

j-miller

Demonized by Dodge
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I will be there on Frday and Saturday with my orange Demon.

It's such a long drive for me... just kidding. (maybe 6 miles) Yea I plan on taking the Duster out for this one.

i'm thinking about going. where can i find out more info? and is it worth going even though i dont have a car ready?

Lord willing,Will be there with my Mopar boy's from up north dar hey!!!! Steve

got a little info from j-millers link. so just want to hear from you guys that have been there or heard about it.

Its at Lucas dragway right near the airport. I went on hotwire and booked a hotel room right by the airport, rates were good and free parking. If you get a hotel in the downtown area you pay more and also have to pay for parking.

This year I will bring my bicycle to get around quicker. I could not see everything last time and then on Sunday it rained all day. First I thought I should had just went for one night not two but then that evening I found a club with $12 lap dances and smoking hot ladies. Was pretty cool, the music wasn't the best and smoking was allowed--I don't mind smoke, expect for tobacco ha ha...gets your clothes all smelly

At Lucas there was a swap meet, car show and pretty much non stop drag racing. There is an Outback steak place not too far from the track.

I had a real good time and it was 10--15 degrees warmer then up here in Mich, so if I can, I sure be back again this year

If your idea was to go to the swap meet........ then I would chose
Fri. morning. If your going to watch Drag Racing, or something other.... then probably any day that it's not raining. I'll pray hard for NO RAIN!!:prayer:

Friday morning for sure on the swap meet stuff, that's when the cherry stuff was there.
As for the show itself, for the 1st time out, it was pretty good. it can only get better and better. unfortunately, no one can do any thing about the rain.
but, we had a great time anyway and there are plenty of FABO members that show up.

will be there bringin some parts to sell just to get rid of stuff im not gonna use on my dart

We stayed at a Clairmont about 10 miles from the track not a 10 star hotel but $30.00 a night per guy!!!! Great parking for trailers and sweet looking bartenders at the bar,The guy's from legendary were there so were a couple racers--Steve----PM me if you want phone number,It would be great to get a bunch of mopars in the parking lot!!!!

We stayed at a Clairmont about 10 miles from the track not a 10 star hotel but $30.00 a night per guy!!!! Great parking for trailers and sweet looking bartenders at the bar,The guy's from legendary were there so were a couple racers--Steve----PM me if you want phone number,It would be great to get a bunch of mopars in the parking lot!!!!

don't know how you stayed in Clermont and were 10 miles from the track. That is where the track is.

Avon, Brownsburg, Plainfield would be the best places to look to stay. There are lots of hotels within 10-15 miles of the track that I would say are nice, clean and in a good area. Several around the airpost are new, bad they are near the airport and don't know about the noise. I have gotten use to FED EX flying out at 4am and I'n about 12 miles from it.

See if Josh might have set up a special price at one of the local hotels on his site for the MMW. Nothing better than having a parking lot full of hotrods and people with common interest.

I might make it for a day

As far as rain, I told Josh it always rains on James Dean weekend he was hoping for the best and for the most part it was good, just a rain out on Sunday (same as last years MMW) this year it is the weekend before, so will it rain ?????????? hell we haven't had any rain in the last 46 days. it is very dry here. It rained all around indiana yesterday, not a drop at airport or my house. 1.85" on the east side of Indianapolis not a drop at my house, and it looked like Tony Fields got a soaking yesterday too.

places to eat

Avon has just about anything you could want, steak, seafood, fast food

One of our favorite places is a local dive at Rockville road and Girls school road called the Paragon on friday night it is free desert night after 5 pm, get there early. Like old root beer places MUG N BUN at Lynhurst and 10th street in Speedway, they still make their rootbeer daily and is one of the places always listed as a favorite place.

But there is also the spread Josh is planning at the track on Saturday night, Memorial at Slippery Noodle INN in downtown Indy. Great food, Blues Music and I thought I read they are planning on closing the street in front of the place for a Cruise in so you can park and enjoy the evening. last year they had the lot full and guess they are expecting a lot more vehicles this year.

as far as smoking at the bars, new law passed banning smoking at most all businesses in Indiana. I don't go just what I see on the news.

-
Back