Moog offset uca bushings?

-

dart6

Reaction score
Just about to buy these but unsure how many are required to do both sides 2 or 4
thx

Do not install them per the instructions in the kit. Disregard the arrows molded into the bushings.

Install them as instructed below.

Attachments

• Moog7103InstallInstructions.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 427
What he said ^^^^^^

Another way to say it is essentially, you install the bushings so it makes the control arms a little longer from mount points to ball joint, if that makes sense.

You install them so the front leg of the A-Arm is longer and the rear leg of the A-Arm is shorter.

Right. My apologies. I knew what I was trying to say but my stupid pill is lastin longer than anticipated.

Do not install them per the instructions in the kit. Disregard the arrows molded into the bushings.

Install them as instructed below.

Well if this is the case, (which I'm not doubting, btw) why the hell doesn't Moog re write the instructions?? What are the problems with the ones that were installed, per instructions, having to deal with?

They've re-written their own instructions several times through the years. The arrows on the bushings themselves were even pointed the wrong way at one point.

Well if this is the case, (which I'm not doubting, btw) why the hell doesn't Moog re write the instructions?? What are the problems with the ones that were installed, per instructions, having to deal with?

We are using these for a different purpose than intended by Moog.

These bushings were not made for the purposes of increasing positive caster.

They are made to fix cars where the whole upper control arm tower/perch is sagging inwards. From a pervious collision or bad rust. A car like that will have too much negative camber (tire top tilted in) and will not align properly.

If anyone has spare Ferrell washers / end caps for these offset bushings, I need them.
I bought a pair from a member here and the box received didn't include those parts.

If anyone has spare Ferrell washers / end caps for these offset bushings, I need them.
I bought a pair from a member here and the box received didn't include those parts.
Are you talking about the outer ribbed washers? Would they be the same as OEM ones? If so, I might have a few lying about; did some clean up the other day so I may not have them anymore, but if that is the right part, I'll go diggin'.

-
Back