Moose hunt is over. Score - hunters 1, moose - dead

-

Coyote Jack

Member #55, I'm old
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I made it back from the moose hunt yesterday. It was quite a season. It lasted 3 minutes. LOL Our second rifle called in an 8 pointer and waited until 3 minutes after the season started to shoot it. We got 496 pounds of meat. That does a good job of filling the freezer. I am posting a few pics. The primary license holder was the guy with the sunglass's and the secondary rifle was the guy with the clear glass's. This was one of the easiest hunts I have ever been on. We only had to cut one tree to get the ATC's to the moose and we just loaded it on the trailer and took it back to the camp. The 2 shots were fired at 6:50 am and we had it skinned out and to the butcher by noon. Then it was party time. We drank copius amounts of our favourite poisons and called it a night at 4 am Friday. LOL We all had a great time and we picked up the meat today. MMMMMMmmmm moose steaks.

Jack

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

Dam Jack, that was fast! Nice moose.

Thanks Joe,

The guy with the clear glass's and I have camps 150 yards apart. They are probably the 2 best moose hunting camps in our area and when we get together on a hunt it usually doesn't last long. The last time we got together on a hunt was 3 years ago, we filled 4 tags with good bulls in the first hour of the season.

Jack

Nice job! Here in Montana, moose tags are by draw only. I haven't been drwan yet (dang). My wife got drawn the first year she applied and got a yearling bull (tasty) but then had to wait 7 years before she could even apply again.

Just wondering ... what do you mean by "the secondary rifle"? Never heard of that term before. Is party hunting legal in N.B.? The places I've lived, it's not legal to even shoot at an animal if you don't have a permit, even if you are with a permit holder. Just curous.

nice Jack, the license holder is allowed a "second rifle" to drop a moose and use the license holders tags to tag it. Perfectly legal here.

Thanks for sharing pics. Jack,time to get the jars lined up!I can PM you my address for shipping!J/k.Is that a 2 year old bull?

Jack ya big meany, you offed one of mother natures beasts.8) I think you should sent mother nature a thank you card cuss them mooses are damn good eating. They especially make damn good sausage when mixed with a little pork but I'm sure you know that.

Terry

Wow!

You Canadians are so damn lucky..........

How big was the rack?

It was a rather small rack for the size of the moose. A small 8 points. I estimated the live weight to be about 750 lbs. Not the biggest moose by any stretch but bound to be very tasty.

Up here we are allowed to purchase a second gun permit. It costs the same as the primary license. The rules are that the 2 rifles have to be either within sight of each other or be able to yell to each other with no assistance from electrical or mechanical means.

All moose licenses here in New Brunswick are by draw as well. I have only had my license twice since 1998. I do usually go on a hunt every year though. One of the perks of having a camp in the right spot.

Jack

Thanks for sharing pics. Jack,time to get the jars lined up!I can PM you my address for shipping!J/k.Is that a 2 year old bull?

By it's size I would say it was probably a 3 year old. They don't really start getting big around here until they are about 5 year olds.

Jack

Jack ya big meany, you offed one of mother natures beasts.8) I think you should sent mother nature a thank you card cuss them mooses are damn good eating. They especially make damn good sausage when mixed with a little pork but I'm sure you know that.

Terry

I never knew that Terry. Thanks for the insight. ROTFLMAO

Jack

It was a rather small rack for the size of the moose. A small 8 points. I estimated the live weight to be about 750 lbs. Not the biggest moose by any stretch but bound to be very tasty.

Up here we are allowed to purchase a second gun permit. It costs the same as the primary license. The rules are that the 2 rifles have to be either within sight of each other or be able to yell to each other with no assistance from electrical or mechanical means.

All moose licenses here in New Brunswick are by draw as well. I have only had my license twice since 1998. I do usually go on a hunt every year though. One of the perks of having a camp in the right spot.

Jack

here, we can carry all the guns we want, but we have to have a spike/fork/paddle moose, or a 48+ rack.

Talk about a needle in a haystack for us who have to make a living during moose season.

Way to go Jack. Get it over with quick, and get down to a little R & R with the boys. Makes me kinda itchy to get out in the woods now. Mail me a steak. =P~ Tim

WOW that was fast. We will kill you a moose in 30 min or less or your moose is free! LOL

That is a nice looking moose.

I am glad to hear you got your Moose meat and some good ol R and R with your friends :cheers:
I have had Elk before =P~but not Moose, Are they about the same ?
I bet your freezer has not stopped yet :toothy10:

Way to go Coyote :-D You must be the man there in your area 8):-D

Hey Mike.........

You and I have ta' go visit Jack one of these days and raid hiz' icebox!! :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Wow, That looks really tasty, are you going to make any jerky with the meat? Looks like you almost needed a bigger truck:) Congrats Jack!

-
Back