Mopar .590 solid cam ?

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
Anyone run one in a small block ? How do you like it ?

I saw a 71 Cuda at the car show tonight running one. Thats one nasty sounding stick :shock: :D

OOOOOHHHHHHHHH...i thought you were up to something!!! :roll:

my dad has used around 4-5 in his 440 motors and LOVES them!!!

maybe the weekend of july 4th ill trailer my car down!!!

I wish I was up to something. It will be along time before I get that far in to the motor :cry:

You should try that cam in your car and let me know how it works. :mrgreen:

Well if you guys dont try it I think I will when I do my 340 over. :wink:

I was just looking at the specs of that cam :shock: 312 dur .590 lift 4000-7500 rpm range. I think I could swing it with my 4200 convertor, but I would definately need more compression. I had the one right below it, 296 dur .557 lift, but didn't run it because I felt it needed more compression than I had to run right.

mikesduster said:
i was thinking of the .557 too!!....i heard the .528 is a good cam too.

how much comp. you running??

With the heads I have about 9.5, I would like to run about 11.5 or 12 with a cam that has alot of duration.

Now I'm gonna want to buy some pistons and build my spare 340 block. Thats the only problem I have with this site, makes me wanna build more stuff :twisted:

The cams duration @ .050" is 265 degrees. Its also on a very tight 106 LSA wich makes it even hairier sounding.

The good thing about the tight lsa is it will add some much needed torque to it. The bad thing is that much LSA doesnt care for restrictive exhaust systems.

Good thing I have 3" :D

mikesduster said:
yeah...ME TOO!!!

dale...whatcha THINK it will run??
It BETTER go low 10's or I am starting over. :cry:
Everybody that has riden in it says it should But everything seems fast on the street. It went 11:50s before the chassis on Bfgs thru the exhaust but I have changed a few things since then :roll: SO.....
f959833e.jpg

Nothing wrong with a pink mopar. My 70 Cuda was FM3.

How about a run donw on your engine/trans/rear combo ?

Love that FM3! Just checked out your site and that is a great set up. Your car is extreemely nice and you should be proud.

Are you planning on racing it?

-
Back