Mopar .590 solid cam ?

-
Right back at ya Lar414 I have your spread cutout and on my garage wall it's one of my favorite Darts. Yes I plan on racing it I just am insanely busy right now my 9yr old plays every sport possible and also has a Jr Dragster so I am just happy to take it for a cruise once in awhile. Thanks again for the comps.
Dale

Better watch out, Your 9 year old is going to be wanting to take that off your hands before you know it!

Yea Fm3, your cars pics have been used as my screen saver more than any other Duster, Your car just ROCKS!
I can relate to the kid thing, I got two, a boy 14 and a half and a girl 13, and I just shelled out cash for football and cheerleading, and the dirt bikes need a few things LOL, oh well I didn't want to spend that on the car anyway..... :roll: heh

Fastbackcuda, Thanks for the compliment on the car. I'm the guy with the blue 71 cuda from marcus. I just joined your sight; well after we talked on Saturday. Question? You had the pink cuda with the black hood scoop that was just sold? If so I was the guy who sent you the email wanting to buy the hood......small world. My motor has the .590 cam with 12.5:1 pistons 2.02 X heads.

Yup that was my car. It was shipped out to Florida and then sent over to Aruba. I miss it but what are you gonna do.

Your car has got to be the nastiest sound thing Ive heard. :twisted:

Hope to see you again. :wink:

Mike if he doesnt have any I'll bring my camera to Marcus and get a few to post. Its nice B5 blue, black interior, Centerline auto drags. Very clean. But you got to hear it :shock:

what did you get ? Did al this talk make you switch to the 590?

Thats what I ment. Isnt it 254 @.050"

Thats gotta sound pretty good too.

I do have a few pictures but nothing good, I will get a better picture and put it up on here. As for Marcus tomorrow is going to rain like crazy so that is out, but I think next week I might go to The Sycamore it is a little closer.

The sycamore sucks. If you go I bet your back at marcus the next weekend. Unless you like hanging out with 34 ford coupe crowd :roll: :mrgreen:

I ran one in a 11.5-1 365. It wants alot of converter, and the fuel system had to be richer than any cam I used before for staging driveability. Now that I remember, that cam made me learn how to convert my first 4 corner idle Holley. The .557 grind is a pup, as far as manners, compared to the .590.

By the way, there sure are a ton of nice cars on this site.

I'm running the .590 in my 383, just haven't fired it yet :roll: It should work pretty good with the Tunnel Ram, actually wish it was a little bigger, oh well there's always the next motor. :wink:
One of my friends had a .557 in his 440 Charger and it scooted pretty good, but he wished he went with the .590

got two of them in use

71 Dart 360 .070 with ported speedmaster heads ,,,,,,has run a best of 10.38 @ 126.06
71 Duster 408....with ported Eddy heads.....best so far in Vegas air is 10.78......car has issue in the fuel system...should and will run faster

I think I got 3 or 4 more of them in boxes.....

Last edited:
-
Back