MOPAR A motor electronic dist.

-

VOETOM

Reaction score
Greetings, anyone have a new Electronic Distributor from the old MOPAR Performance kits or know where to get one? I need it only, not with the rest of the kit. Not sure I have found a real one and seems they no longer sell them according to one online supplier. (True, or internet rumor?)
Either way, anyone have one or know the facts about them?
Thank you.
Tom Hand

Try summit.

mp switched to mallory to make their distributors back in 2002.....only way summit is going to have one is it got lost on the shelf....

chances of finding one new....is ?????

swap meets....ebay... or classified.....

I have one. It ain't new, but it's DAMN close.

Rusty, so it has the original springs and weights in it still?
Thank you all for comments. I found one at Jegs too but it is not stock/MP. IS it also Mallory then?
Tom

Do you have any mopar performance dealers near you? (Chrysler dealers) I found one ( the whole kit) a small dealer had still on the shelf from the eighties, and they practally gave it to me, along with a bunch of other really cool stuff, as they were sick of lookin at it all, so check around.

The later mopar dist. are completely adjustable . No welding needed.. If yo are looking for a older style do you want a 8.5 or 11.0 vacuum advance and weights? They are totally different inside as for the slots for the weights.

OMM, that is a very good question. What would mine have been that I bought as a kit in 1979 to 1982?
Tom

Fan, we lost our old dealerships when they hammered them out of business a few years ago.We only have mega dealers in this area now. Unfortunate.
Tom

yes..if you look down below the breaker plate...if you see allen head screws spaced 180 degrees apart along with slots for adjustments...then your is adjustable...if dont see the allen head screws..then you do not have one of the mallory build mp distributors..

Rusty, so it has the original springs and weights in it still?
Thank you all for comments. I found one at Jegs too but it is not stock/MP. IS it also Mallory then?
Tom

Yes. It is unmodified. It still has the original tin tag on it.

yes..if you look down below the breaker plate...if you see allen head screws spaced 180 degrees apart along with slots for adjustments...then your is adjustable...if dont see the allen head screws..then you do not have one of the mallory build mp distributors..

I was wondering more "looking at" the outside, as in, you see one pictured for sale. Distributor no?

Greetings, anyone have a new Electronic Distributor from the old MOPAR Performance kits or know where to get one? I need it only, not with the rest of the kit. Not sure I have found a real one and seems they no longer sell them according to one online supplier. (True, or internet rumor?)
Either way, anyone have one or know the facts about them?
Thank you.
Tom Hand

Tom, I have one brand new. Never been used.
I will take a look at it when I get home from work and see if it is adjustable.

cudamike13

Thank you Mike and Rusty, I'll chat with my brother in law (who needs it for his 360 68 Cuda) and let him decide how to proceed.
Thanks to all for the information regarding the change in manufacturers too.
Tom Hand

-
Back