Mopar Art

-

demon seed

The Original Demon Seed
Reaction score
I got a question that may take an old timer to answer. Back in 1970-71 Hot Rod magazine (and maybe others) were running ads for Mopars like the Chargers etc. and they used this multi coloured cartoon. It had this crazy looking SOB driving this sooped up car with flames coming out of the headers, smoke boiling off the tires, usually a blown hemi sticking out of the hood and this crazy looking driver sticking his head of the window holdin a shift lever. Anybody know if these cartoon are still around. The ones I've found on the internet come close but aren't the same. I'm thinking if I find the right one getting it air brushed on top of the hoodscoop. Kind of over the top I know.

Copy of P7280002.JPG

You mean the Rat Fink, created by Ed Roth, right?

(the '65 Barracuda shown here was drawn by someone named Revin, but the rest are Ed roth)

charger.gif

barracuda3.jpg

dodgert.gif

fury.gif

plymouth.gif

dodgepower.jpg

Rat Fink Yes, Ed Roth Yes, I remember now, the purple hase is lifting. Where did you download the graphics. Please and Thanks.

here are some more examples of Demon Mopar art from the internet

Attachments

• dem2.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 477
  • dem.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 457
  • 71 demon.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 443
I got a question that may take an old timer to answer.

"Old Timer"????!!!
Hey, demon seed, the correct term is "EXPERIENCED"! LOL

Just a word of warning, be careful you're not violating any copywrite laws by copying somebodies existing artwork. Your best bet would be to have some custom airbrush work done in the style that you admire, but not be an exact copy.

Here's some pics of an aircleaner lid I saw at a carshow last year...

View attachment JohnnyRocketsBreakfastCruise071010018_edited (Small).JPG

View attachment JohnnyRocketsBreakfastCruise071010017_edited (Small).JPG

This is way cool guys. I met Big Daddy Ed at a Auto Show in Vancouver. Nice gentalman. My 69 Valiant is having a Rat Fink theam to it. Keep the art work coming. I love this stuff.

Does anyone have old issues of CARtoons they want to part with?

Check this out and the A-10 picture under Aircraft:

http://www.bigdealart.com/index.cfm?Cat=1

Attachments

• CUDA.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 382
This is way cool guys. I met Big Daddy Ed at a Auto Show in Vancouver. Nice gentleman.

Way cool Brad. A moment in time I'd treasure forever. That whole magical 60's hot rod art genre was the brainchild of Ed Roth that continues to inspire today. Truly a pioneer of the airbrushed t-shirt and custom car culture.

Just to spread around a little credit where credit is due. Ed Newton, who was hired by Roth as art director of Roth Studios, was responsible for the majority of the pencils and final inking of the t-shirt/decal car designs sold by Roth. "Newt" along with Robert Williams (also a renowned hot rod artist) also drew and produced the crazy Roth advertisements that appeared in the back pages of the car rags during that time. Muscle cars, fake Nazi helmets, trippy figures, biker designs... gotta luv it!:prayer::thumbrig:

-
Back