Mopar Axles and Racing Slicks

-

Rickachet

Reaction score
Hi Guys, we are heading to the Mason Dixon track soon, and need to know if the Mopar axles will hold up with slicks at a race track?

Thanks, and hope to hear back from some of you great Mopar racers.
Rickachet

well what axles we talking about? 7.25 axles behind a slant of D60 35spliners behind a hemi?

yes..they will hold up.....but with that hp you might want to look at aftermarket axles....

nhra requires aftermarket axles if you are faster then 10.99...and any et if you are running a spool....

plus I hope you got long wheel studs...

I have used 5 sets of Dr. Diff axles...never had a problem with them...

and i have a set in my car as well, wasn't it petty in his 66 that rounded those axles maybe last year?
I didn't,t round them,just started twisting splines at the end.They were Strange axels and found out after removing the narrowed 8 3/4, that it was bent(no back bracing.Go Dana...don,t worry:D

Don't waste your time on stock spline stuff. Go 35 spline right away at that power. I left soft and chopped a stock spline Dr. Diff right off in an OLLLD stock posi unit lol. Now it's all 35 spline and on a spool, trouble free.

Not bashing Cass, the new axles came from him to, I've bought around 5 sets in the last 2 years for our own projects.

We ran shortened resplined truck axles in our 8.75 and our 416 off the trans brake was twisting them up pretty bad. Swapped to the old Dutchman axles I had in the Mirada and it helped significantly with that issue. Eventually went D-60 so no worries now.

The other problem with stock axels, an a Cone style pos. is when that cone start to slip, you are now only using half of the splines on the side that starts slipping.

IDidn't brake it, but you could see were it was working on it!

clutch style pos with a used set of axel 10 years ago(300 hp 340 with a shitty torque converter that would only 60 foot a 2.1 sec:banghead:

-
Back