mopar car clubs

-

bamamopar

Reaction score
are any of yall in mopar clubs? if so do yall do stuff the club around here they are i guess old and think there cars a made for the garage. I just wondered what kinda things yall done

I am not in a CLUB but most of my crusing buddies and friends are mopar people we do alot of shows together

I was in the one here in middle Georgia for a long time. But things change. People come and go. It's not the same so we just do our own thing now.

There was an excellent thread on Moparts a while back about car clubs and " what does your club do to create/maintain interest"
Tons of really great ideas. You could go there and search for it on the general discussion forum.

Do a search on here; I remember replying to a post on here a while ago about that subject. I'm not a member of one here or of the two years I had a home near Omaha, NE; I was deployed most of the time then so it didn't make sense, especially when I knew I wanted to leave there ASAP. The last club I was a member of was in Charleston, SC; Lowcountry MOPARs. It was a nice family oriented club. On the first Sunday of every month we would meet at a local BK and they would have a cruise to a predetermined location, like a bowling alley or something fun for the family. Once a year the cruise would be to the local drag strip. Once a month they would have a committe meeting that all members were welcome to attend and they would have a drawing for a door prize for one member that attended. They would meet every Friday night at a local Sonic just to hang out together. They also had their own local show once a year on Columbus Day weekend. Most of the members seemed to be into stock, but there were a few racers in the club. Your annual membership dues would get you a club t-shirt, a monthly newsletter, and the option to advertise in the newsletter as well. If anyone lives in that area, I would definately recommend becoming a member. They are a really nice bunch of people.

Wife & I are members of the Indy Mopar Club

check out the website to see some pictures of past events we have done

www.indymoparclub.com

any fund raising events the money goes to JDRF. We do about 3 car shows a year. This year we are doing or helping with 3 shows and a cruise in.

Last year there were some fun days planned, fall cruise to state park in southern Indiana, Movie night, was planning on going to drive in, but they want way too much money, so movie night was at the club presidents place with wenie roast and pitch in. One guy brought a projector and screen and we watched car movies. One Saturday was mini Golf, Trip to one of the members place of business to see for the 1/2 scale models and windtunnel they use to check out indy cars. Plus our monthly club meetings, club display at World of Wheels car show. usually a group goes to the Mopar Nats and set up together

There are usually 65-85 members that enjoy their cars, trucks and even boats. Everything is included, muscle cars, lux cars, beaters, projects, 4 doors, new old and even some have AMC. Several are old drag racers and with most all of the group, the wives/ladies are as involved as the guys, in some cases even more.

If anyone is ever in Indy on the 4th Thursday of the month you are invited to join our club meeting on Indy's south side MCL at Sumner & East street 6pm social/dinner meeting starts at 7pm.

Our 1st car show of the year will be at Fletcher Chrysler in Franklin, Indiana May 21st, 2011

I am part of the Manitoba Mopar Association, as are a few members from FABO world. We do a few events in the summer of course, that are well attended, and throughout the year we have our monthly meetings. We try to make the winter meetings more exciting (i.e. meeting at go kart racing, at a chrysler museum next week etc.). We also raise money for a charity here in the city. Our website is: http://www.mbmopar.com/

I started a car club over 10 years ago using the internet as a means to reach people that have 1960 to 66 Valiants and 64 to 66 Barracudas. That was my interest so I wanted to keep it small and personal.

We tried to organize local meets, run a newsletter and organize other events. We were just too spread out across the planet to effectively do the things more local clubs can do.

What we did do early on was get people together online via a mailing list to share knowledge about our cars, where to get used and new parts and maybe find someone close to comeover and help. We also have a forum and a local place online to find and share info about our cars.

The internet changed how we all communicate, the car hobby included. There are a lot of clubs that still have a monthly meeting with a president, treasurer and "board members" that adhere to the traditional club model and that works for them.

I think a mix of the online clubs\forums have a benefit to the hobby as well as the traditional clubs. If you can't find a good local Mopar club, hang out with a club of mixed makes. You will still learn alot and feel the same sense of comaraderiae we all feel while here on FABO, or on my clubs mailing list, or when we get together at Carlisle.

Its a big hobby and you will find a club that you will like. If not, Stop by our tent at Carlisle. And if you think your car belongs in a garage, you don't need to join a club, you need to join a museum!

I started a car club over 10 years ago using the internet as a means to reach people that have 1960 to 66 Valiants and 64 to 66 Barracudas. That was my interest so I wanted to keep it small and personal.

We tried to organize local meets, run a newsletter and organize other events. We were just too spread out across the planet to effectively do the things more local clubs can do.

What we did do early on was get people together online via a mailing list to share knowledge about our cars, where to get used and new parts and maybe find someone close to comeover and help. We also have a forum and a local place online to find and share info about our cars.

The internet changed how we all communicate, the car hobby included. There are a lot of clubs that still have a monthly meeting with a president, treasurer and "board members" that adhere to the traditional club model and that works for them.

I think a mix of the online clubs\forums have a benefit to the hobby as well as the traditional clubs. If you can't find a good local Mopar club, hang out with a club of mixed makes. You will still learn alot and feel the same sense of comaraderiae we all feel while here on FABO, or on my clubs mailing list, or when we get together at Carlisle.

Its a big hobby and you will find a club that you will like. If not, Stop by our tent at Carlisle. And if you think your car belongs in a garage, you don't need to join a club, you need to join a museum!

Very well put.

I am in a local club/forum in my area SEmopars [there are several in this area] we allow all years and models [even orphins] the ones of us that are local do go to as many shows as possible. We also go solo to shows that have year restrictions, most of our group have newer cars and trucks we are like a family.I do know there are a lot of mopars in my area but very few come out except a couple times a year. I drive mine as much as possible,my son just picked up a 73 charger project that he plans on driving it as often as possible.

I belong to a local car club, we have been a club for about 9 years, different folks have come and gone, a few of us have been there from the beginning, but all good people.
We have a monthly meeting, one or two show we put on every year. We hit a lot of the cruise-in's together, Its cool to see 10 to12 Mopars show up at a cruise-in. We have a picnic once a year, and a Christmas party, and we try to get together for other stuff.
We get on line news letters, car and cruise-in info, parts for sale , parts needed , good news and the bad. We vote on club president's, book keepers, VP's, ect. so everyone can get involved, if they want.
We almost always travel to the National's in a group, if some breaks down, we all stop till the problem is resolved. There have been times that we have had 8-10 trucks, cars, and trucks with trailered cars in one caravan, and other times just 4-5 in a group.
I think almost Everybody in our club gets there cars out on the street, we have had, and still do have, some First Place cars in our area, some I see quite often, some are entombed in there garage.

Clubs can be fun or they can be a lot of work, when there is no participation from the club members, it becomes a lot of work for the few that try to make things come together.

well the club we were in was cool about 10 years ago we had 1 big show a year as a new club and we went to alot a car shows together,but now iys lets go to so and so`s house and see his car. i asked why not have a dragstrip night and no responce the website hasn`t been touched since dec and whats bad we were the 1st members. So me and my dad and friends have talked about making our own club

Chrysler Performance West Car Club

http://www.cpwclub.com/about-us/content/

SPRING FLING Car Show
Reagan Library Tour
Tour of Edelbrock Corp.
Richard Carpenter Collection Tour
CPW Annual Poker Rally
Steve Juliano Mopar Collection Tour
Van Nuys Airport Tour
Santa Paula Airport Tour
CPW Go Kart Track Day
FALL FLING Car Show
CPW Holiday Party
Granada Hills Holiday Parade

My wife and I belong to two local SoCal all-Mopar clubs. I'm the current President of Inland Mopars Car Club.
We hold monthly breakfast meetings the 1st Sunday of each month at a restaurant central to the majority of club membership. Monthly club activities are scheduled well in advance: local car shows, a drive-in movie night during the summer months, cruise to the NHRA Museum in Pomona a couple months ago; cruise to Moparty At The Strip just last weekend; annual summer picnic and pool party and a member's home; club Christmas party. We'll be holding our 13th annual all-chrysler car and truck show later this year.
In January, the club works at the Grand National Roadster Show as a club fund-raiser; in June, we attend a cruise-in at the Barrett-Jackson event in Orange County; and we always attend both the Spring Fling and Fall Fling shows put on by Chrysler Performance West in Van Nuys.
Check out our club website, www.inlandmoparscarclub.com, and see the three charity project cars we built in 2007, 2008, and 2009.
PM me if anybody has any questions or interest in the club. We have a wide range of member interests from stock restorations, racing, street performance, street rods, vans, etc. Several members cars have been magazine features and national car show award winners. We try to have something to appeal to everyone. We're a fun, family-oriented group of Mopar lovers.

well i really thank evertone for yalls help on this it looks like we are gona start our own club and we have to start somewhere so we stsrt with 4 members

-
Back