Mopar Car Clubs???

-

BigRichieO

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some information from FABO members that are also members of local car clubs. What I’m hoping to find out is what makes your local club a good thing to belong to or why do you think it is important for you to belong to your club? Is it that you like going to meetings and talking to people with similar interests, do you get a discount at one of the local parts stores, a club newsletter, a t-shirt? Does your club have membership fees, what are they?

The reason why I’m asking these questions is because I am the membership coordinator of my local car club, Colorado Mopar, over the past two year the club’s membership is starting to decline. I’m a little worried about the health of the club, so I was hoping to get some fresh ideas about possible club events, other things we could do as a club and what others clubs offer their members.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rich

I wish that there was a Mopar Car Club in the Raleigh North Carolina area. Nothing I can find for Mopars in this area. Only a Chebbie club. But I am hopeful that there will be enough of us Mopar owners who will be able to see this posting and maybe we all could get together and start a club here.

i joined the local Mopar club and went to one meeting. It didn't seem to be all that. I haven't been back, mostly due to life events but also lack of interest in the club thing. I did manage to find a club jacket at the thrift store, though!
-Tim

I used to be a member of a MOPAR club in SC. I haven't joined one here yet, but I haven't made it to the Dragstrip here yet either. If I move this year, which I expect to, I'll probably join one at my next location.

My SC club would give out a T-shirt every year and you got free advertising in the monthly newsletter which was handy for me since I was always trying to sell something or looking for deals. We had monthly meetings that I rarely went to. Every Friday night they would have cruise ins at one of the local Sonic's and the first Sunday of the month was our cruise where we would meet at a local restaruant and drive somewhere to do something as a club. Our annual car shows got to be a little lame before I left; they started making them an open car show allowing all makes in.

There isn't really a Mopar club so to speak in St. Louis but Kopper; a member here, started SLAM (St. Louis Area Mopars) it's more of an online club or forum.

I belong to the Chicagoland Mopar Connection, or CMC. There are about 800 members across IL, WI, IA and IN. The meetings are what you make of them. Usually only a small fraction of the members show up at any given chapter meeting. The benefits are that the dues go to cover show expenses and there are decent show because of that. For those that don't go to a meeting and don't get much out of it, I encourage you to step up and get involved. If you don't, you can't blame anyone for the lack of Mopar events/activities than yourself.

I'm shocked at how little the CMC web site is used if they have that many members, are they still sending out news letters via snail mail?

I am part of the Southern Colorado MOPARS club, we are located in Colorado Springs. I am a new member and do not know all of the ins and outs of what goes on in the club. My Dad has been a member for a long time, that is how I got involved. You might want to check the website

http://www.southerncoloradomopars.org/

There may be some information on there that can help. Have a great day.

Brandon

-72 Swinger..Sublime...fresh from paint....right now a shell waiting for time to bolt on parts...

Chrysler Performance West club www.cpwclub.com meetings are once a month in the San Fernando Valley community of Granada Hills within Los Angeles, CA. We sometimes have additional meetings near show dates. For location and time of our meetings please Email [email protected] .

At meetings we discuss upcoming and past events, pass show flyers out, updates regarding the hobby, and questions from the audience. Sometimes we have guest speakers: informational, business, technical or most times all of those combined.

There is also time before, after and during the refreshments break to share your Mopar camaraderie, do some good old fashioned bench racing, and do some networking. Many members bring their Mopars, as there is safe, secluded parking just for the club right in front of the meeting hall.

Belonging to a club is a great opportunity to network for parts/cars/services, learn about the cars, keep updated on new releases and changes affecting the Mopar hobby, keep updated on shows, and participate in special club events and tours. If you can participate in activities you will get a lot out of this club.

2009 Activities

• NHRA museum W/speed zone with So Bay Mopars www.sobaymopars.com
• Spring Fling XXIII
• Inland Mopar show riverside school of deaf
• CPW annual Poker Rally From SFV to Malibu.
• CPW Tour/Tech Talk at Hotchkis Suspensions
• Santa Paula Airport Open House & Cruise
• CPW at Van Nuys Blvd Cruise
• So Bay Chrysler 3rd Annual CPW Cruise In with So. Bay Mopar -Torrance
• Tustin, Mopar Fest ‘09, Mopar Unlimited So Cal, www.moparsunlimited.com
• FALL FLING XIX
• CPW Go Kart Day @ Go Kart World, Carson, CA
• HOLIDAY DINNER
• Granada Hills holiday parade 1st sunday

2007 club activities:

• Reagan Library Tour
• Pirate’s dinner Adventure
• Cruise In at Flames
• Judging Seminar
• SPRING FLING
• CPW 8th Annual Poker Rally
• Steve Juliano Mopar Collection Tour
• Mopar Cruise-In @ Ricky and Ronnies
• Van Nuys Airport Tour
• Mopar Fest Mopar show
• Go Kart Track Day
• FALL FLING
• CPW Holiday Party
• Granada Hills Holiday Parade

[FONT="Comic Sans MS]We've belonged to Inland Mopars in SoCal for the past several years. I've got to echo what autoxcuda's comments about both the monthly meetings and the benefits of belonging to a club. And as gts340 said, you probably find the same basic attendance at your monthly meeting and the same members strongly supporting the club activities.
The things that made us initially choose Inland Mopars was the clubs charitable activities. For the past three years we built an annual charity project car and sold donation raffle tickets with all of the proceeds going to benefit a local charity. Although the bulk of the work was performed by only several members, the rest of the membership had the opportunity to join in either the build process or charity raffle ticket sales as their time and schedules permitted. The club also puts on a very well-attended annual Mopar-only carshow - our 2010 show will be June 13 and our carshow committee is hard at work planning now.
In addition to our monthly club activities, we also attend several major shows and events in our area. We had a club display at the Grand American Roadster Show just last weekend. As a club, we wil also be attending Mopars At The Strip in Las Vegas, and both Spring Fling and Fall Fling in Van Nuys.
We also plan a summer picnic and a Holiday Party in December.
Our annual club dues are very reasonable. We have club shirts and sweatshirts for sale and urge our members to wear their 'colors' at club events. Our club President is currently checking on club jackets.
I was VP of the club for the past 2 years and my wife is the Newsletter Editor and puts in a lot of work to make our monthly newsletter the best. Our club President always has a monthly message regarding club activities. While I was VP, I also had a monthly column that included topics of interest regarding members questions or concerns that came up at our monthly meetings or, hopefully, other interesting topics or stories. We also try to keep members updated on current California vehicle-related political actions and SEMA news.
In comparison, we also recently joined another local Mopar club with a smaller membership base. This club also has montly meetings and we've seen the same basic attendance for the few meetings we've been to. They collect monthly dues at the meetings rather than an annual dues. They put on a carshow in 2009 but may not in 2010 as the efforts this year are going to be on increasing club membership.
As previously said, your club will be as good as your membership makes it. I believe it's imperitive that your membership works together as a group rather than only a select few doing the bulk of the work. Feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions. [/FONT]

I have considered joining the local Kitsap County (Washington State) MOPAR club, "All Around Mopars." From their web site (allaroundmopars dot com), it looks like they have a decent number of members. Anyone here a member? One hard part for me is that we live at the other end of the County from where the meetings take place, 30 to 40 miles away.

I was hoping to get some information from FABO members that are also members of local car clubs. What I’m hoping to find out is what makes your local club a good thing to belong to or why do you think it is important for you to belong to your club? Is it that you like going to meetings and talking to people with similar interests, do you get a discount at one of the local parts stores, a club newsletter, a t-shirt? Does your club have membership fees, what are they?

The reason why I’m asking these questions is because I am the membership coordinator of my local car club, Colorado Mopar, over the past two year the club’s membership is starting to decline. I’m a little worried about the health of the club, so I was hoping to get some fresh ideas about possible club events, other things we could do as a club and what others clubs offer their members.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rich

Do you know Jeff Moore?

THere are no Mopars around here, except for me. Well, maybe there are a couple, but they never take them out except for shows.

There is a local all-make car club. I joined for a year, but it was boring as heck because they dont do anything. They get together every Friday night in the summer, at a local supermarket parking lot, and they do draw some people in, but that's all they do except for having a car show in the summer, and a dinner in February to ward off cabin fever. I never rejoined, and they are steadily losing membership through attrition. I made a few suggestions about doing other things as a group, like going to car shows, swapmeets, picnics, scenic cruises, etc, but no one seemed interested, so I just never went back. I go to the Friday night get together, and I buy a ticket to the dinner in Feb because it allows everyone to talk cars for a few hours. Unless they start doing some things together, however, I have no interest in joining back up.

BTW, dues are $10/year I believe. No newsletter or shirts.

Rich,

You can check out our club web site www.tidewatermoparclub.com when I was president we found a local Dodge dealership, Hall Dodge Chysler Jeep, that was all about being our sponsor. We now have our meetings at the dealership and put on about 3 shows a year. We have about 108 members 40 or so are fairly active. Our club also does a great big 3 day show at Virginia Motorsports Park in Richmond, VA. Its a 1/4 mile drags we have a carshow/swap meet/drags.

Let me know if I can be of any help, I am no longer the president as the next 3 years the Navy has me on sea duty, but I help out as much as I can.

Thanks to everyone that took the time to read my post and offer up help and suggestions for my club. I have taken a brief look at some of the web sites and bookmarked them for future reference. Thanks also for the possible club activities and events I will be bring some of these up to the officers, the go-kart thing sounds like it would be a kick.

I really appreciate the help gents, thanks!

That makes 2 of us. There not much going on in this area anymore.
I wish that there was a Mopar Car Club in the Raleigh North Carolina area. Nothing I can find for Mopars in this area. Only a Chebbie club. But I am hopeful that there will be enough of us Mopar owners who will be able to see this posting and maybe we all could get together and start a club here.

I think the best part for the "Mopar Madness of the Lehigh Valley" is that we are a non-profit organization that donates to charities such as "Dream Come True for Children" and "Animals in Distress".
We usually do a montly lottery twice a year and hoagie sales. And of course our cruise nights twice a month, we have a great location, great bunch of people that come out, music, restaurants right there, and don't forget the Cars!!!

I just joined Mopars Unlimited (BC chapter) last month. Went to a meeting and it was quite enjoyable. I was surprised at the amount of people that showed up at the Ricky's.....we used up about 1/2 of the space in the restraurant! It was a cool experience. Talked to a bunch of people about their cars and it was just cool talking about Mopars. Being in the club you get free admission to the shows they do, discounts at parts store, free advertising. Going to the meetings is a monthly thing for me now.

Cowtown Mopars Performance Team (CMPT) AKA -The Fort Worth Mopar Club. http://www.cowtownmopars.com/

I am currently on the board, and have been for 3 years now.

150 members, been as high as 200, but many were not active, and were only in the club a year a two. The 150 we have now are the stable crowd.

Monthly meeting at Billy Bob's Texas with VIP parking for our meetings. http://www.billybobstexas.com/

Annual All-Mopar car show held at our sponsoring dealer, Allen Samuels Dodge. http://www.allensamuelsfortworth.com/index.htm

Salvation Army Toy Drive and Car Show in December of each year.

Putting on the third annual Mopars At The Motorplex in cooperation with the Dallas Mopar Club. It's an All-Mopar race that we have been working to get off the ground. http://www.moparsatthemotorplex.com/ Dates just finalized.

We work to put on a few road trips every year, usually 100-150 mile day trips.

We also have picnics and chili cook-outs at either local parks or at businesses owned by club members.

8 time running champions of the Texas Muscle Car Club Challenge. http://www.tmccc.org/ The schedule was just finalized, so it hasn't been updated for 2010 yet. We have an organized race team of 30-40 cars that is sponsored by Dallas Dodge. http://www.dallasdodge.net/

Dues are $15 year for single person or $25 for a family membership.
We offer Pit shirts, hats and jackets to club members for cost. We also offer a $10 t-shirt every year that helps to raise money for the club coffers.

There is a monthly newsletter that gets emailed to 95% of the membership, with snail mail going to those that just won't get with the 21st century. We also mail this newsletter to any club that would like a copy, and it's also available in PDF from our website each month.

Our club owns an enclosed trailer to store all of it's equipment (that we sell sponsor advertising on) and the most kick-butt smoker trailer a car club can own. B5 blue with American racing wheels and lots of car stickers...LOL. :cheers: We take the smoker to the races and picnics to do our cooking on. The cargo trailer makes it easy to guarantee we have everything we need at a picnic or show event. When we attend indoor shows someone tows the trailer which has our banners and stands in.

Check out this months' MOPAR magazine from your local C-D-J dealer. Our car club was featured in a two page spread.

The thing that you need to remember about car clubs, is that they are usually made up of 95-99% followers with only 1-4% actually doing the planning and arranging events. That is how it's been in every car club I've been in. A strong board of directors is essential to a strong club.

We typically only get 20-30 people to our monthly meeting because it is mostly administrative stuff. Yet I can send an email to the entire club about a chili-cookout or BBQ with 4 days notice and get 50-75 people show up. People will only take time to go out and do things that are fun, and formal meetings usually don't fit that bill.

This year we are going to do fewer formal meetings, and instead have quick meetings at our other events like the road trips and picnics.

I am a member of the Manitoba Mopar Association and the club does some cool things. There is a meeting every month for the members to get out visit and hear the latest. We have a few shows of course in the summer...a short show season here in the North. Tomorrow's meeting is at the local go cart racing business, so after the meeting we get to race the carts and have time trials to get a winner. WE support a local charity at our events and have a July 1st ( Canada Day Mopar n Friends show and shine at a big park in the city). A family BBQ in the summer. Here is the link if you want to check what MMA is all about: http://www.mbmopar.com/. Let me know what you think of our associatoin.

I'm the webmaster for our club's website & forum.
Chrysler R/T Club website
Forum

We, too have experienced a lull in membership. I've been actively trying to recruit the LX owners.

Instead of the two meetings a month, we're talking about doing one meeting & then one of the following events. Some of the things we're discussing for this year.
A cruise to Mt. St. Helens.
A cruise to the coast stopping by the McMinnville air museum.
Members getting together at someone's house to perform a task.
-(I'm first up for installing a new pumpkin)
Club night at the race track. Track said they'd work with us for best RT., etc.
Club night at a local dyno.
A couple members have Hot Wheel drag strips complete with gas pedal & a tree.
-($1 a car, winner gets pot) We've done this a couple times, it's actually a lot of fun.
Club going to the local Gran Prix go cart track.
I just started up the forum. It's a great way to stay in touch w/ everyone & it's free.
Last month we had wife/significant other night where all the wives came to a meeting.
We have a Christmas party every year as well. Prime rib & all the fixin's. The club pays for it. We also have a White Elephant gift exchange (now that's fun, crazy, but fun)
This year we're doing our part w/ the economic recovery as we're waiving club fees this year.

We already have slick black wind breakers w/ our logo on the back & a bunch of t-shirts w/ different colored logos'.

We go as a club up to Seattle (150 miles) the night before shows. The best part is when we leave for up there & we're all together getting on the freeway. I get goose pimples every time. It's tough for me to get out of the house to go to the meetings but after every one I think to myself how I just had a good time.
It seems for the most part our club is divided between the racers & the show poodlers.
I like to do both. Some are paranoid about breaking stuff though.

I say drive, drive, drive. I mean that's what they're for right?

I support my local mopar club but they have been loosing membership for awhile now. The problem with the club is they really do nothing other than have one car show a year. They send out a monthly mailer with club info. I have suggested having an internet site and but they don't think it would help, lol. I'm afraid it's an age thing. Most of the members are 50 and above. I tried to get them to have a monthly cruise in, but they can't get anyone to attend. On the other hand, they are good people who just don't know how to grow the club and attract new people. So i will continue to join every year.

-
Back