Mopar Electronic Ignition Distributor Kit missing a part

-

grassy

Reaction score
The PO bought this kit....when I went to install it, I noticed it was missing the hold down plate.

Was this part supposed to come with this kit ?

Any ideas where I can buy one ...hopefully available in Canada.

The Chrysler part number is :
P4349278 Hold-Down Clamp, Distributor, Chrome, Small Block

Our Chrysler dealership is kind of useless with the older cars.

Thanks
Ian.

$ 5.00 part. Great price however, I object to the shipping. This part would fit in a number 10 or small envelope. Shipping (with tracking number) would (should) be @ 8 bucks..

Would you buy from this company if they charged you this for a 5 dollar part ??

Fedex Ground $35.29
UPS Standard $41.59
DHL Express $43.82
FedEx Economy $56.27
FedEx Priority $59.92
UPS Expedited $94.30
UPS Saver $108.29
Priority Mail $47.25
Express Mail $61.45

go to wrecking yard...probably thousands of them there ....

I must be missin' somethn....................what happened to your OLD hold down?

No I would not but Canadian shipping went thru the roof after 7/01/2013. Summit is just an option showing this part is readily available. Surely they have speed shops north of the border or have part shipped to an American member then they can ship to you for envelope cost of 8 to 10 bucks. If you do not want chrome they are a dime a dozen at salvage yards.

Oldschoolcuda

We essentially do not have breaking , salvage or junk years here unfortunately. Some folks have access to "private" yards....so generally, for everything I have to find new or buy off of here or e-bay..

My engine came without one...the one on my /6 I left on for the new owner.

Do any members have a spare one ?

Ian.

Surely your chrysler dealership has one for a truck or something, I think there all the same for small block. Mid 90s?

No I would not but Canadian shipping went thru the roof after 7/01/2013. Summit is just an option showing this part is readily available. Surely they have speed shops north of the border or have part shipped to an American member then they can ship to you for envelope cost of 8 to 10 bucks.

Oldschoolcuda

I know...I believe USPS stopped ground delivery to Canada. Despite both CanPost and USPS being great organizations, both are on the verge of bankruptcy having difficulty dealing with the new business environment.

I have heard other Canadians doing this but I am puzzled how because the vendors I have talked to will only ship to the address on my Visa or Paypal.

Most of the speed shops that i know of think they have a monopoly and it shows in their pricing but I have been buying from one that is 3 hundred miles fro me and his prices are reasonable.

I had wondered if the PO had lost this part.

Thanks
ian.

Surely your chrysler dealership has one for a truck or something, I think there all the same for small block. Mid 90s?

It is worth another try... I believe Chrysler stopped making the 360 in 2003...Chrysler no longer stocks radiator hoses ...or anything ...for this engine.

I have the part number ...i can swing around tomorrow..I may be surprised :)..if not, than to my speed shop..

thanks
Ian.

They are the same for any pre- magnum (1991 & earlier) small block. Try saying it is for a 1989 Dakota or ram with a 318 and maybe that will lead to a score.

Oldschoolcuda

They are the same for any pre- magnum (1991 & earlier) small block. Try saying it is for a 1989 Dakota or ram with a 318 and maybe that will lead to a score.

Oldschoolcuda

Fingers crossed. The hunt for parts is part of the build experience.

I will post my results tomorrow.

Thank-you.
Ian.

I here you on shipping. Recently ordered some tb o rings from rockauto. $1.70 part,but shipping across the border was almost $40. So lucky we have a post office right across the border. Shipping to there was $10,lol...

Do I feel lucky today..went into ye olde Chrysler parts department this a.m. with the info that you gave me and the part number ...and they found one....half way across the country..it will be here next week...go figure...

Score one for Chrysler.

i just placed an order from Rock Auto for my Kelsey Hayes caliper rebuild kit on Monday.
Shipping to Ontario was $12?

i just placed an order from Rock Auto for my Kelsey Hayes caliper rebuild kit on Monday.
Shipping to Ontario was $12?

That is really odd because I have found Rock Auto shipping costs to be inline with Jegs and Summit... Back a year or two ago, I was buying @ 80 bucks worth of bushings and shipping was almost $ 130.00...

I usually use Norther Auto in Iowa and they charge me what it costs to ship..quite reasonable..

That printout above was from Summit's own billing system..

Maybe your are lucky...perhaps you should buy a lotto ticket as well :)

I got this part for through Chrysler for 11.50 delivered...

This just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Oh wait......no, I just gotta go take a dump.

Im surprised chrysler didnt overnight it to the dealership, they do down in Pa.

HOW do people live without junk yards?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Buying off of fabo, e-bay, internet, napa and help from others..it certainly makes it harder and longer than it should be..bit that is ok..

I recently responded to a kijiji add selling mopar parts looking to see if the seller had a specific part...he says yes..that it was on his
car... ok :wack:

-
Back