Mopar Head?

-

plefe

OldSchool
Reaction score
Has anyone have knowledge about and or used this head casting 2402557. I'm not seeing this casting number in Senatore listing. Is it maybe a replacement head for a 361/383/413?

Thanks for your help.

Ok, I found the casting number on the Allpar site and it comes up as a 413-300J head casting number. Can anyone out there have some insight about these heads. I've only seen pictures and they are reported to make a 383 run like a raped ape. Thanks FABO

The 2402557 head is a 1 year only head from 1963.It was used on the 413 & the chrysler 300J motors.Its a small exhaust valve head,as its a medium size valve at 1.74& a intake valve of 2.08.You need to post if its a removalble pedastile type head or if its a solid mount type.And if its still a four bolt valve cover or 6.Measure the port height and width to post please,and some pics.Since these are not very common,and a 1 year only head,it might only be a non reasearched head for flow numbers.Is it a open chamber or closed chamber head,mrmopartech
if you want email me your number to call you about other items of the head,MMt

The only way for that to happen is the head has to be a closed chamber version to increase the compression as the old head on the motor was a open chamber unit,mrmopartech

The 2402557 head is a 1 year only head from 1963.It was used on the 413 & the chrysler 300J motors.Its a small exhaust valve head,as its a medium size valve at 1.74& a intake valve of 2.08.You need to post if its a removalble pedastile type head or if its a solid mount type.And if its still a four bolt valve cover or 6.Measure the port height and width to post please,and some pics.Since these are not very common,and a 1 year only head,it might only be a non reasearched head for flow numbers.Is it a open chamber or closed chamber head,mrmopartech
if you want email me your number to call you about other items of the head,MMt

I've seen and heard enough that it no longer holds my interest. It was a set of closed chamber heads offered on Ebay, is all. Thanks for your help.

-
Back