Mopar Muscle Mag subscription ????

-
I don't buy magazines or newspapers... It is all OLD news.... I would not buy this one at all after reading about the idiot that owns it or does something with it got into a fight at a show a year or so ago.. I think he sucker punched the guy....

I would not buy this one at all after reading about the idiot that owns it or does something with it got into a fight at a show a year or so ago.. I think he sucker punched the guy....

Really? I didn't hear about that one!

i can't be bothered with any of the mopar magazines. stopped my subscriptions years ago and don't miss them at all. it was all the same regurgitated crap every month.

Me too!

Need to change the name to Mopar Grilles,Tailites & Dashes. That's about all you get to see of the feature cars, the photography aggravates me. And the tech/articles? One session on the crapper is all the mag's good for. I didn't renew either.

mine ran out 2 years ago, how many times do you need to read about installing new carpet......

I'm starting to hate that mag more and more.
New cars? Who cares?
The engine challenge? Same old same old.
The magazine is just a showcase for their advertisers.
Their project cars always begin low budget until some one's business needs to be advertised then it's all out the window and gets to be a big buck venture. Every freakin' time!
Pretty soon, Chip Foose will come on board and 2 tone everything.
Editor Randy Bolig seems to be a pretty good guy, but for the cars that he has, he must be getting paid 200 grand a year to work there and support a family doing what he does. Am i jealous? Well maybe a little bit i guess.
MCG is getting to be pretty cookie cutter too.
The only magazine i really enjoy is Mopar Action. E Booger really knows his stuff.
I do buy them all though, so they can't be that bad!

Their project cars always begin low budget until some one's business needs to be advertised then it's all out the window and gets to be a big buck venture. Every freakin' time!

i agree but at the same time i can't blame them..

i would end up doing the same thing when the parts are being given to you for free. it would be hard not to get carried away...

thats about the only thing they are. a new product release catalog..lol.

Editor Randy Bolig seems to be a pretty good guy, but for the cars that he has, he must be getting paid 200 grand a year to work there and support a family doing what he does. Am i jealous? Well maybe a little bit i guess.

i've met and talked with him at carlisle and he is a real nice guy...

remember with a lot of those parts that are put on those cars they get for free.... a lot easier to have a high dollar car if a lot of it was given to you... :)

My subscription runs out at the end of this year as well.. Last time I'll up and re-new. If I had a brand new Charger or Challenger and a ton of money I'd probably keep the subscription..
I too met Randy Bolig at the Nats last year and saw him at Chryslers in Carlisle this year. He is a good guy who I think genuinley loves the hobby. But someone need to clue him in on this thread and let "them" (Hurst Corp, publishing Co.) see people are fed up with high prices, poor marketing, aggravating sales reps calling, and articles that repeat themselves. Maybe they should start giving away some of those low budget build parts to people who could actually use them.. Just my thoughts...

I wrote the magazine asking for some slant 6 articles and was very disappointed by the response I got. I guess I got the guy on a bad day.... He did say that building up a slant was more expensive than a V8, so I learned something, but the tone was sort of "If you aren't a subscriber, I have no need for you" Well, thats fine, you just made up my mind for me as to whether I will get a subscription..

I agree with all. Here's an idea..........FABO, The Magazine.

Oh wait....why wait on great FABO advice once a month when we can get it almost instantaneously.

Point being, who needs that crap when all we need is right here.

Thanks to all

This website is better than any magazine could ever be.. If you need something down on paper, just hit print... I also love the fact that you can ask questions and 9 times out of 10 someone on the site has knowledge about whatever it is.

I let my subscription run out last year and do not plan to renew it again. They refuse to change their content. Pick up an issue from the 90's and they're 120+ pages long, now its down to what 80 pages?

I wrote the magazine asking for some slant 6 articles and was very disappointed by the response I got. I guess I got the guy on a bad day.... He did say that building up a slant was more expensive than a V8, so I learned something, but the tone was sort of "If you aren't a subscriber, I have no need for you" Well, thats fine, you just made up my mind for me as to whether I will get a subscription..

They won't cover the 80's turbo cars either. Even though there are some of these cars that are very fast. ( I have one). It just was the constant barrage of getting to renew even after I had sent in my payment to renew. I have no time for that.

How about this recent example?
So about a month ago, I paid $12 for a 12 month subscription to Hemmings Muscle Machines, well I received the first mag last week. Today in the mail I received an "offer" from them to sign up for another year at $11!!!!

WTF? I JUST subscribed and they are ALREADY asking if I want to renew/extend my subscription?! I only received one issue.

I like hemmings muscle machines, their bigger magazine sucked in my opinion. All classifieds.

I think I get a renewal notice twice a month! Not as bad as Popular Mechanics which sends one weekly. I'm paid up for a good bit into the future but the morons keep sending notices like I won't know what's going on and send them more money....
Also watch the notices. They are often not from the actual magazine but some broker who must stand to get a cut of the subscription. I think I get notices from a bout five different groups for Pop Mechanix.

As far as the quality of the magazine goes I have become less and less interested in the contents...boring!!!

I get those annoying offer too. Paid up until may 2013.

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying but where are we going to get Mopar stories? Idea's, part venders, for sale ads, Hot Rod? I dont think so. I read them for idea's for my cars..... It's just me, I like them.

Just saying, I also subscribe to American Handgunner (best mag for handguns) and I also receive requests to re-up. I've subscribed to Mopar Action and Mopar Collector's Guide for years. As far as Mopar mags go, those are the only ones worth getting.

Before I got sick ten years ago I used to have subscriptions to every car magazin there was.

My favorite mag of all time was MCG and I do read all their all issuies. I loved Mopar Muscle as well and Mopar action. I used to get Muscle Car Action and Hemings Muscle.

I miss them all and all the magazines to read. I couldnt afford to do sub to them after I got sick.

If anyone doesnt want the mags from the last ten years let me know I would love to read them.

I do get out all my old mags and read them from time to time.

I agree with a lot of what you guys are saying but where are we going to get Mopar stories? Idea's, part venders, for sale ads,

i get all that from the internet and going to car cruises/shows.

magazines show new products, but those products show up on the net too. you can't trust an article on a product since most of the magazines will only use a sponsors product. what good is that? they sure are not going to bite the hand of who feeds them..lol

After getting MM for 9 or 10 years, I let it expire in 2002. After purchasing my Dart last year, I have gone back thru all of the old issues; lots of great articles, technical stuff, etc. Just renewed at Nats two weeks ago (liked the green t-shirt!), but read thru the freebie issues with the renewal and not impressed. Looks like it will be a one-year subscription!

-
Back