Mopar Nats...

-

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
Hey gang... Well the Mopar Nats are 2 weeks away, my girlfriend and I are all excited.. Last year was our first year there, and we are hooked.. We are going with a bunch of our friends (the garage crowd as we call ourselves) .. Just wondering who else might be going.. Thought it would be neat to run into other members, put faces with names, and see each other rides in person.. I will be bringing my 69 Dart, my friends will be bringing a 68 Barracuda Formula S fastback, a 65 Barracuda, an 880 (cant remember the year), and a 69 GTX... Just got my tickets and windshield sticker in the mail today... Looking forward to another great vacation and enjoying Mopars and friends... Hope to see you all there....:toothy10:

Here is a pic from the Nats last year... you can see the front of my buddies Cuda, my Dart, the guy that brought the Neon will be bringing his 65 Barracuda this time, and thats my other friends 69 GTX... If your there and you spot us, say hello....

nats.jpg

Nats is about a 2 hour drive for me , I'll be there again this year , the Cuda is still not ready....... I'll have some money burning a hole in my pocket :)
Donnie

Another note.. dont know where everyone prefers to go cruising friday or saturday night, .. I always heard about Brice Rd.. but was told they were comming down on the cars there... so last year we went to Heath (sorry if I spelled that wrong) ... its about 20 minutes from the track .. it was awsome.. the streets were lined with people watching the cars, throwing water out at stop lights, hoping for burnouts (plenty of people obliged) ... it was a great time.. we are gonna be cruising Heath for sure on Saturday night.. possibly Friday night too...

got my packet today but i have been having bad back problems since carlisle and dont know if i can drive 11 hrs each way

Yep we'll be making the trip from Minneapolis again. Looking forward to it. I won't have my Dart but I'll be riding shotgun in my brother's 67 Cuda Coupe. Heath is the best on Friday and Sat. See you all there.:cheers:

i'm still thinking about it. If I go, I probably won't go in the Duster...especially considering the transmission is on the bench in a bazillion pieces.

im still trying to get that weekend off at work,,,i havent heard yet,,but not looking good,,,

Last year the nats were awsome. Going again this year, this will make 5 years in a row for me. Last year Heath was the place to be!! I even saw a guy in a big old Kenworth smoke his tires!!! Awsome cruising!!!

I will be there in my Fathers 69 Bee.I have only missed 1 year since 1985 and that year I went to Carslie. Jim

A good friend of mine will be there, I think he's taking his '65 Dart Convertable.
I'll be at the GERMAN Mopar Nats the weekend prior, then racing in Germany the weekend of the Nats with the school raceteam. Have fun guys

I was reading somewhere, not sure where but they said they were cracking down on the fun in Heath. It was either on here or in Mopar Muscle. Well to far for me but have fun all.

We're going from Sweden for the first time! Really looking forward to it!

From Sweden?? awsome.. hope to run into you there.. you will love it there.. lots of great people and great Mopars..

Last year the nats were awsome. Going again this year, this will make 5 years in a row for me. Last year Heath was the place to be!! I even saw a guy in a big old Kenworth smoke his tires!!! Awsome cruising!!!

Heath was awsome.. and I too saw that guy in the Kenworth!! LOL

I was reading somewhere, not sure where but they said they were cracking down on the fun in Heath. It was either on here or in Mopar Muscle. Well to far for me but have fun all.

Sorry you cant make it, I do hope that Heath hasnt decided to crack down, but it wouldnt surprise me... thats the way its going now a days.. I did notice that at the end of the night on Saturday (at almost 11) when the cops tried to politely roll through as a sign that it was time to call it quits.. Many people continued raising hell.. this bummed me out.. the town was cool enough to let us be crazy, and I thought 11 was MORE than fair, the cops werent assholes or anything.. but I mean, all things have to come to an end..there has to be limits.. people that ignore that, or get ignorant and continue on are the ones that ruin it for the rest of us....

Is there anyone going to the Nats that could pick up a set of SBP 14" wheels for me and ship them to me (no rush) when you return home. I know this is a big favor and do appreciate anyone just considering it. Since I am in CA, I guess those living West of the Nats would be a good thing (shipping-wise) but am willing to accept help from anyone going. I am dealing with someone who does not want to ship. Thanks in advance.

-
Back