Mopar nuts on eBay, I can't believe this.

-
I can't throw stones.....I've sold things on E-bay and had a couple bidders go crazy too.
Who among us wouldn't want to be the seller here?

I wasn't talking about the seller here. He started the auction for $74.95 and you can't buy Moog parts at the store for that. It is the nuts that bid the auction up that I was talking about.

I agree, makes you wonder about the sanity of the bidders but, if I'm selling, I hope there are lot more nuts like these on the tree.

For me actually want no part of such nonsense.I would want no part in contributing to mopar parts/ price stupididity..

Whether you buy or sell parts, you're part of it, like it or not. You can assign a price to anything but a part is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Whether you buy or sell parts, you're part of it, like it or not. You can assign a price to anything but a part is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.
You are correct Mark.It is between the buyer and the seller.I would sell the ones that I have for that price.

Nope am not a party to stupid prices and never have been. NEVER demand stupid prices and NEVER pay em. PERIOD.I feel I have no right to help cut out many folks from the hobby.

So, if you sell a part for less than the market value, then the buyer could resell the part for more. As I said, you're part of it whether you like it or not. I suppose if someone offered you $1,000,000 for your car, you're going to turn him down? Yeah, right, I'm really going to believe that. As for hurting the hobby, high prices actually help in many ways. More people are willing to tool up and make reproduction parts if they can make a decent profit in doing so. If a taillight lens or some other part is only worth $20, why would anyone invest their money to tool up to make new ones? Do you have any idea what it would cost to reproduce a nice 71 Cuda grille? How many do you figure you could sell since it fits only one year and one model? The owners of those cars that have a broken grille would be the ones desparate for one but nobody else would. How many '71 Cuda owners are there? How many need grilles? If you think $2000 is crazy money for a nice used one, who in their right mind would make a repop if used ones are only worth $300 and they could only get $500 for a new one and sell maybe what......500 units? I admire your intentions but I don't think it works in the real world. In other words, if part prices are forced to be artificially low, the supply will run out and nobody will make replacements. That doesn't help the hobby in my opinion.

Ad says they are Dodge Hamtramick line parts. BUT, line parts do not have grease zirks in them. My guess is old Moog parts.

Yes I'd say no! The car means more to me than money,but a lot of people dont understand more than $$.

Go ahead. Make me an offer.... I'd sooner crush my Dart than sell it!

Holy crap, I didn't know my old '72 was a veritable gold mine and to think it's just been sitting in the back yard collecting dust. LOL

yes i'd say no! The car means more to me than money,but a lot of people dont understand more than $$.

Go ahead. Make me an offer.... I'd sooner crush my dart than sell it!
good grief ????????

Maybe Jay Leno bought a Mopar A-body while he was buying Chrysler Turbine Car ?
On 1 of his videos he says he gave $100,000.00 for a NOS Duesenberg Supercharger !
Some folks have deep pockets when it comes to NOS Stuff !

I can't Believe those went so high in price. I think the bidder could have spend their money better like New rims or tires or even a carburetor and you'll still have extra cash but that's just me :D

Checking his feedback, he sold a NOS barracuda gas cap and charger floor mats for high dollar. I didn't knew there was a high demand on NOS parts, that's crazy.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260901622582
http://www.ebay.com/itm/260916057512

I can't throw stones.....I've sold things on E-bay and had a couple bidders go crazy too.
Who among us wouldn't want to be the seller here?

Yeah but I would have a hard accepting the money--I mean come on.

Some folks get too hung up on this making the car how it was when brand new. I got a nice set of MP 360 heads for $300 from some young 30 year old who was parting out a nice 360 motor and putting in a 318 engine since that is how it came when brand new...I was like OK, sure and slip him the $300 and took the heads. I felt a little guilty walking away but I kept on walking, ha ha

Yes I'd say no! The car means more to me than money,but a lot of people dont understand more than $$.

Go ahead. Make me an offer.... I'd sooner crush my Dart than sell it!

This is why I am so glad I smashed my first car--the first car i got laid in, the first car that was ever all mine. The first car I got away with running from the law--twice, lol.

Yeah I really, really liked my car but one day I wiped out and got knock out on impact, besides from a few pictures I never seen my car again.

And you know what, looking back I am happy. All it was is a chuck of steel, nothing more. My car I have today is worth not as much then the car I wreck but I feel its better. Its got more weight in back and holds the road better. I done lots of crazy stuff with it also but if I was never to see it again, oh boo hoo. I could find and make a car even better than I got now.

Now people are different, you can't make a person how you would like.

Every time I hear of people calling their ride, their baby I just roll my eyes. Its just a freaken car, nothing more.

Yep. Me too. If a buddy wants something, I'll probably just give it to Him. If I'm E-baying, run the bids up baby!!

As stated, nobodies buisness, but the buyer, and seller.
Thanks Nemo;I was beginning to doubt the honesty of the guy's above the border.

Those tie rod assemblies aren't the only gold this buyer has bought. Try a metal fuel filter for $125.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/200649898788. Lots of Carter AFB carbs and paid up around $600.00 for one. I need this guy to build a 1968 Barracuda and I will sell him my NOS parts and get out of the hobby.

$(KGrHqF,!iME1N2w1YE+BNZrVLpOV!~~_12.JPG

$125.00 fuel filter..... LOL!!​

i***_( 301) .................... US $512.50 Dec-16-11 12:35:11 PST
Member Id: 1***o( 1710) . US $502.50 Dec-16-11 12:35:19 PST
Member Id: 6***n( 1267) . US $264.00 Dec-16-11 12:35:17 PST
Member Id: 0***0( 617) .. US $231.00 Dec-14-11 19:03:04 PST
Member Id: o***m( 55) ... US $200.00 Dec-14-11 17:10:53 PST
Member Id: 0***0( 617) .. US $101.00 Dec-14-11 08:32:13 PST
Member Id: o***m( 55) ... US $100.00 Dec-14-11 17:06:01 PST

Starting Price US $74.95 Dec-09-11 12:35:22 PST

Wasn't newby bidders either. I am goint to wait for the feedback and see what else I can learn about the buyer. Heck, maybe it is Frank Mitchell and we will see them for sale under fmmpar for $5000.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a goodun.

-
Back