Mopar Performance Leaf Springs Part Number Confusion

-

Detroit Iron

Reaction score
I'm looking at the Mopar Performance XHD leaf springs on Amazon and Summit Racing, and I'm confused about part numbers.

P4452982
P4452983

Amazon says these springs are for '68-'72 A body cars. Then they go on to say the springs also fit B and E body cars. Hmmm..... ok, news to me.

When I look these numbers up on Summit's site, they say they fit B body cars.

If anyone has Mopar Performance XHD leaf springs, would you please share your part numbers?

A and B/E have a different front spring length. A springs will fit with different front spring hangers if that helps.

They do fit A, B, and E body cars, they are made to me universal, but there are better choices...

Those springs are listed with a 22" front segment and a 36" rear segment, so they are B/E body springs. A body uses a 20" front segment.

Those springs are listed with a 22" front segment and a 36" rear segment, so they are B/E body springs. A body uses a 20" front segment.
20 inch front segment with a longer front spring bracket to use in a B body. Like in my 68 Roadrunner

Just depends on where you attach the front of the spring - I put SS springs on my 65 b-body and cut the frame at the front , moving it ( the mounting point ) rearward and inward because I wanted the 3" + clearance / but that same spring bolts right into a-body cars without moving the mounting point ( unless you want them inward for the 3+ clearance, as said in earlier post - different front length ! ( couldn't tell you 20"/22" off hand ) maybe either depending on where you want your axle sitting ?

Thanks all, I went with Ottmundr's input and ordered a set from Springs n Things. I'm looking for a stock replacement for 340 cars and they said they have those. Has anyone else used this company Springs n Things? Weird name. Hopefully their products are good quality.

Thanks all, I went with Ottmundr's input and ordered a set from Springs n Things. I'm looking for a stock replacement for 340 cars and they said they have those. Has anyone else used this company Springs n Things? Weird name. Hopefully their products are good quality.
Hundreds if not a thousand or more of us have bought from ESPO. They are great to deal with, good quality and reasonable prices.

-
Back