Mopar performance parts

-

Mopar-Mitch

Reaction score
I was going to buy my brother a set of Mopar performance black wrinkle valve covers to repay him for the ones I got from him last year, well apparently everyone is now out of stock on them, I called seven different places and everyone said there on backorder. So my brother let me keep the new set I got from him, which I thank him dearly but I still wonder if they will ever produce them again, according to the vendors I talked to the backorder has done ran once and they were given another date. Makes me wonder if they have gone the way of Direct Connection and we will never see them again?

Yeah...WTF happened to Mopar Performance?? Bad management? Their cam prices shot up like gas prices do. THeir products are often out of stock and the quality has dropped off. Who is running the show? Monkeys ?

Yeah...WTF happened to Mopar Performance?? Bad management? Their cam prices shot up like gas prices do. THeir products are often out of stock and the quality has dropped off. Who is running the show? Monkeys ?
They were always higher price compared to other companies, but usually the quality was decent...in the 2000's is was evident they were completely losing interest in the performance end of their yesterday.

They sold their last small block tunnel ram in 04-05, it was on a shelf in texas...
That was one of the last times i spoke with anyone.

Probably easier to get a '64 Fiat 600 Abarth Weber intake than an MP part now from Mopar FCA.

It works both ways..........

They "wrote" us off when they decided us oldtimers with old cars weren't worth their time and effort to continue supplying performance parts.

So, I've "written" them off (FCA, Chrysler, Dodge, whoever) as a possibility for any of my future "new" purchases. That corporation WON'T ever get another dime from me, don't care what they call themselves.

If I buy, it'll be pre-owned stuff from an individual.

Yep, Typical Mopar Performance. DC, got to get it while you can. When they stop making something who knows if they will re-make it.
Ford and Chevy.. They always seem to support the performance side.

As a former Ford racer I can tell you we had it hard in the 70's into the 80's. Once they quit making the Cleveland engine for new cars parts supplies dropped off to zero.

I doubt having Peugeot on board is going to help... perhaps snail prices might get better.

They were always higher price compared to other companies, but usually the quality was decent...in the 2000's is was evident they were completely losing interest in the performance end of their yesterday.

It's sad. I remember WELL Direct Connection in the late 70s and Mopar Performance through the 80s. We were wantin for nuthin and Chevys everywhere were skeered.

I've owned several chevys and I was amazed at how easy and how much cheaper parts were to get, I remember giving only $40.00 for LT-1 aluminum valve covers for both the corvettes I owned, my Chevy 's I've owned were a 73 Corvette, 76 Corvette, 86 Z28 Camaro, 87 SS monte carlo and the last was a 55 chevy wagon I had a few years ago. I never had a minutes problem buying anything I needed for them, but the hardest was the 73 AMX javelin I had, it was a nightmare to find parts for.

I've owned several chevys and I was amazed at how easy and how much cheaper parts were to get, I remember giving only $40.00 for LT-1 aluminum valve covers for both the corvettes I owned, my Chevy 's I've owned were a 73 Corvette, 76 Corvette, 86 Z28 Camaro, 87 SS monte carlo and the last was a 55 chevy wagon I had a few years ago. I never had a minutes problem buying anything I needed for them, but the hardest was the 73 AMX javelin I had, it was a nightmare to find parts for.

That's why I always chuckle to myself when people talk bad about Chevys. They are the easy way out, I will say that.

but the hardest was the 73 AMX javelin I had, it was a nightmare to find parts for.
Thats funny, Edelbrock had an AMC AL head before they cast a Mopar AL head! Edel also repopped the STR-11 intake for them! Someone at Edelbrock must have been a huge AMC fanboy.

I find GMPP stuff is good stuff.
Loved the performance value in those ZZ4/603 crate motors. $15 per HP and last forever.

But regardless "it just ain't Mopar" :D

Need a MP 727 deep trans pan. Not sure who might even have those in stock.:rolleyes:

-
Back