Mopar Repair Near York, PA

-

Dartified

Reaction score
Hello All,

I bought this '72 Dart Custom last month. 318 with automatic. The repair shop I normally visit told me it will no longer service vehicles older than 2000! The Dart is a survivor with only about 14,350 miles on it. And yes, I was told it was owned for many years by the stereotypical little old lady who must have only driven to church on Sunday. I have the original sales receipt, she traded in a '59 De Soto for it! Apparently, it was well known around Aurora, Ill for its immaculate condition.

Any leads would be much appreciated!

-Dartified

Last edited:
Hell 99% of our member live in PA .
You guys must have a Mopar mechanic every 2 blocks ! Lol

What do you need done?

It has developed a few minor issues. It sometimes won't start in park or neutral (neutral safety switch?), but if I move the shift lever back and forth from P to N it will eventually start. On a cold engine, if I step on the gas it will stall repeatedly until warm. A hairy situation pulling out into traffic! Ballast resistor, voltage regulator, electronic ignition module were replaced by the seller.

Last edited:
It sounds like the transmission linkage is out of adjustment.

I LOVE 318s, but they are well known for being cold blooded. Let it warm up before entering traffic for sure!

Choke may be out of adjustment, bad gas, clogged fuel filter or ?

-
Back