Mopar Shop in Sacramento, Ca ?

-

Lee J

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a Mopar shop in or around Sacramento? Might need some additional machine work. Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a Mopar shop in or around Sacramento? Might need some additional machine work. Thanks in advance.

Mopar specific or just a machine shop? I can't think of anything right off that's Mopar specific, but I haven't really looked either.

My brother in law lives in Stockton and does a lot of auto work on various makes.
I can ask him if he knows or can find out if ya like.
He used to be a service tech and he's pretty picky about who does his stuff.

He used to be a Dart owner.

kind of far from sac, but elbys machine in dublin is real good.he has a torque plate for the mopes and builds dirt track engines.did my machine work reasonable.chris is a great guy....

If you can make it down to the peninsula, I work at Baca's Racing Engines in Colma. While we don't necessarily just specialize in Mopars, I am a mopar nut and we can handle just about any machine operation that you may need. The shop has been around since the 60s and in the same location since 84. We do everything from twin turbo small blocks that put out 2000rwhp to stocker rebuilds.

Sorry if this sounds like an ad....

pm me if you would like to talk about anything

go to Modesto ...

Rettig Brothers Inc
(209) 529-8016

2612 Woodland Ave, Modesto, CA 95358

Thanks guys,

I'm thinking about having someone assemble and dyno my engine for me. My original plan was to assemble myself but I realize the advantage to dyno tuning and having an experienced engine builder. Then again I don't know if a shop would be willing to assemble an engine with someone else's machine work. My block is a 99' magnum block that has been decked .010" to clean it up. Bored .020", no align honing. Machinist said it looked good, also checked rods. I had the crank and rods with flex plate and damper balanced. I've plasti gauged the mains, and rods, and checked end play. All checked out to be good. Crank turns freely and evenly with mains torqued down. My pistons are KB 323 hypers that are above deck average of .009". Planed on using the .054" Felpro gasket. Compression figures to be 9.75.

I have been acquiring parts for about a year and have almost everything. Edelbrock magnum heads, air gap manifold, mopar hydraulic rollers, comp 268 cam, lifters and roller rockers from Hughes for edelbrock heads, edelbrock 650 thunder series carb, mopar electronic distributor. Doug's block hugger headers and John Cope 727, PTC converter with approx. 2800 stall. Sure grip with 323's. This is going in a 48 Plymouth Coupe that was my wife's great grandfathers car. I'm getting real close to the finishing stages to allow the engine to be built and installed. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, never have assembled a complete engine before.

Thanks for the recommendations on shops. I'm not that far from either shop either Rettig or Baca's. I will probably pm you Lucky 13 for further advice.

pm away!!! You got any pics of the 48?? Sounds like you got some nice parts for it

Lucky 13,

I will post some pictures. I haven't posted pictures before so I'll have to learn how. The 48 was completely restored with the original 6 cylinder before I took it back apart. Trying to make the car more drivable and fun!

Here are a few pictures of the '48.

photostream

photostream

photostream

There are a few pics in my photo gallery. Sorry their rotated, I was having trouble posting these not having done this before. I'll have to learn the process. I was trying to insert them into the post, but wasn't successful.

Rettig Bros is a great shop also

Yea, back in the 70's @ 80's. Now...not so good. They're staffed with lower paid guys and it shows!

UNLESS, you can get Steve Wann to PERSONALLY work on something, I'd stay away...

If you want QUALITY work and reasonable prices, go see:

Steve at:
Valley Balancing
1900 Herndon Road Ceres, CA 95307
(209) 538-8956

We've been 10.14 on their machine work, with about 100 laps so far...no issues! In fact, all was dead on when assembled. Great guys!

Thanks for the recommendations! I wish I would have asked you guys this question before I had my machine work done. But overall I think my guy has done a good job. I will definitely look up these recommended next time. I'm still undecided about assembling my engine. I really would like to do it myself for the experience. Thanks again.

Lucky13, Does your shop do any serious head work, porting. Ive got some w2 heads I need done.

-
Back