Mopar values coming down finally!!

-

OP_Mopars

Reaction score
At least in my opinion, I've noticed the price of Mopars coming down in a looooong while. I just stumbled across a 1969 Formula S 383 Barracuda last week that was missing the original 383/727 but otherwise all there and in my head was thinking it was going to be around $7k+ and the guy asked for $3k...I couldn't get to the bank and back fast enough! It's mine now ;) He even gave me a '69 dated 383 and core 727 as part of the deal. I think this was just pure luck, though. Has ALL of the insane expense parts like the weird K-member, 4-piston small pattern disc brakes, 150mph dash cluster...on and on...just couldn't believe it.

Then, on ebay I saw a 1970 Barracuda with a /6 in driving condition listed for $9750 buy it now...that's still a great price considering you have to swap out that drivetrain for the big block swap. The interior was clean with no rusty floors, but the trunk pan did need replaced.

A-body 8-3/4 rears are coming down too. $300 is a fair price to pay for the housing and small axles, but I said no to one recently for $175...just didn't want to put it in the trunk of the car.

Is it the economy forcing people to come off stock??

I would have bought that a body 8.75 rearend for a 175 in a heartbeat!

A-body 8-3/4 rears are coming down too. $300 is a fair price to pay for the housing and small axles, but I said no to one recently for $175...just didn't want to put it in the trunk of the car.

just sold one for $500 no questions asked in like 2 days. there are/were a few here for even more then that. for $175 your nuts for not picking it up just to make some money on. good luck finding many for $300. not saying your not going to find one but it sure isn't the norm.

Things still might get a little tighter out their for people, Next year is also an election year. It's hard to say what might happen, but it's for sure things definitely ain't selling
for what they use too.

I know I would not have been able to buy my Dart for what I paid for it this year. If it was 2004/2005, it would have probably been 3,000 more than what I paid for it.

Like 80 % of the members here, I'm sure...I'd like to see their value climb. The more mine is worth, the more Momma lets me spend on it :D

At least in my opinion, I've noticed the price of Mopars coming down in a looooong while. I just stumbled across a 1969 Formula S 383 Barracuda last week that was missing the original 383/727 but otherwise all there and in my head was thinking it was going to be around $7k+ and the guy asked for $3k...I couldn't get to the bank and back fast enough! It's mine now ;) He even gave me a '69 dated 383 and core 727 as part of the deal. I think this was just pure luck, though. Has ALL of the insane expense parts like the weird K-member, 4-piston small pattern disc brakes, 150mph dash cluster...on and on...just couldn't believe it.

Then, on ebay I saw a 1970 Barracuda with a /6 in driving condition listed for $9750 buy it now...that's still a great price considering you have to swap out that drivetrain for the big block swap. The interior was clean with no rusty floors, but the trunk pan did need replaced.

Is it the economy forcing people to come off stock??
a 1970 Barracuda with a /6 in driving condition ... i would keep it the way it is that not ez to find but thats just me . as for the price for stuff i dont care ive got tons of parts and the car i think im going to stick with :happy1:

-
Back