Not open for further replies.

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Contact seller
The following was forwarded to me by email today for distribution to Inland Mopars Car Club members. Thought someone in my FABO family may also be interested.
Sorry, but I can't get the .pdf file to link. I suggest you contact the seller if interested. The A-bodies are beautiful cars!

Hi. My father recently passed away and thus I am selling his car collection. Since a number of his cars are MOPARs, I thought that you & your members might be interested in taking a look at them. To that end, I have attached a flyer that lists and describes his cars…please feel free to forward this email to your members.

All of these cars are either 100% original or have been fully-restored and are for sale. If they don't sell by the week of January 24th then they will be sold at the Mecum auction in Kissimmee, FL on January 27th & 28th. More photos and detailed descriptions are available online at Mecum.com and Cars-on-Line.com.

Some of these cars cost a small fortune to restore. My father was a big fan of unique cars, and as you can tell he spared no expense in restoring cars that only he and a few others would own. For example, the two Plymouth Valiant Signet 200s cost him more than $30k each to restore, and since most MOPAR collectors focus on muscle cars he was the only person that he knew of that owned this type of restored car.

In the case of the 1969 Dart GTS, which is 100% original, my dad opted for a big block 383ci/4-bbl, which in itself was an upgrade, but also for a car that was built on the first day of production on August 1, 1968. As such, this car sports an additional "Special Handling Car" fender tag. He wasn't able to confirm this before he passed away, but it is believed that this fender tag denotes that this heavily optioned car was one that Dodge brought to car shows in order to market the '69 Dart GTS. If this is confirmed then it will make this car that more rare and valuable.

His Barracuda is loaded with every conceivable performance option that was available in 1966. It has the Formula S Package, which includes the 273ci/235 HP 4-bbl Commando V-8 engine, the Suspension Package with heavy duty springs, shocks and sway bar; a 150 MPH speedometer, an in-dash tachometer and 14-inch wheels with bolt-on-style wheel covers. It also sports factory disc brakes, a 4-speed manual transmission, Sure Grip differential, factory seat belts, and AA1 silver metallic paint with red racing stripe and red interior. It is one great looking car.

Lastly, if you collect AMC cars then my dad has a beautiful one. It is a Rambler American 440H. As you probably know, the 440H was Rambler's top-of-the-line American model for 1965. This car was fully & immaculately restored and features the brand new for 1965, 232ci inline 6-cylinder engine, a factory automatic transmission, a Montego Rose exterior finish and two-tone brown and rose interior, factory bucket seats, a factory center console, a rare factory tissue dispenser, and a rare factory salesman wardrobe option. This is a strikingly beautiful car and would make a great addition to any serious Rambler collector's garage.

Please feel to call me with any questions at (813) 416-1360. I'd be happy to talk about these cars with anyone who is interested. They are great show pieces.

Also, if someone is interested in one of these cars either before the auction or at the auction, but is out of the area, then please have them call Bill Grant, who is the general manager of PJ's AutoWorld in Clearwater, FL. Bill's phone # is (800) 288-6386 and PJ's website is PJsAutoWorld.com. Bill can facilitate a pre-auction purchase, and can handle buying at the Mecum auction if you don't want to attend in-person.

Thanks,
Brandon Granai

Cell: (813) 416-1360
Email: [email protected]

I don't believe they used a "SPECIAL HANDLING" tag in 68. The Dart sounds a bit fishy to me

Nice looking '66 Barracuda! It has a few things wrong but not bad.....Antenna, upper radiator hose, steel fuel line to carb, heater hose bracket, color of engine should be red, and the crankcase breather should be chrome. Price is a little toward the high end but it looks like you're getting a nice piece. Except for no console, it's equiped just like my first one....paint and interior color too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back