Moparbishi

-
the color is L05 Chelsea Grey ( aka Olive Grey ) and kinda rare for these cars since it's a one year color only. keeping the car original is obviously not important but the color is unique so it's staying. it has a beautiful micro flake in it. thanx for the support guys even tho it's not an A Body ;)
...more to come

my buddy, who is painting it, is killing me. it was supposed to be finished by now, this is how it sits right now :protest: i still have a few weeks before the show in Vegas but as it sits it has no motor, trans or interior :banghead: looks like i'll get her back this weekend...

Sounds nice man! Cool idea and I cant wait to see this done. I love how the fuel pump can be heard over the engine lol!

after a small mix up i received the 302 cast Indy heads yesterday :D

if they run half as good as the look i'll be very happy. comp cam, lifters and timing chain set. performer intake, summit block hugger headers, holley street avenger carb, hei should get the job done. everything is blasted and most everything is painted. i'm going to try the VHT Flame Proof on the headers :happy1: we'll see. the motor is getting painted the same color as the car. Trans is ready today rebuilt with a soft parts kit and a transgo2 kit as well. it should be interesting.

still not painted:sad3: my bud scored an in town movie shoot that needed a bunch of work done and it wound up being about 30 vehicles. we did some
prep work and this bar set up last saturday but no paint yet. in the pic it's not finished, my batt. died

Subscribed. The ironic part,: I know where a low mileage 83/84 2.6 turbo sits on a stand,30 years now.

Hey Harry...remember me? Lol!

Looks good!!!

And my Omni is on page 2!!! That's a scoop off of a Mercury Capri btw...lol! Its in primer awaiting paint.

like this on? or the cowl hood looking thing
DSC02156.jpg

after a small mix up i received the 302 cast Indy heads yesterday :D

if they run half as good as the look i'll be very happy. comp cam, lifters and timing chain set. performer intake, summit block hugger headers, holley street avenger carb, hei should get the job done. everything is blasted and most everything is painted. i'm going to try the VHT Flame Proof on the headers :happy1: we'll see. the motor is getting painted the same color as the car. Trans is ready today rebuilt with a soft parts kit and a transgo2 kit as well. it should be interesting.

do your self a favor, get the headers hpc,jet hot,who ever coated in side and out,,they will last a life time painted headers will rust inside and out,,get them coated after break inn,,,

meteorites are falling from the sky and elvis will rise out of his grave today...my car is being painted :brave: :cheers:
it'll prob take him 2 weeks to sand/buff it :thefinge: this is sealer, color going on right now

haven't been to the shop in a while. got there after lunch today with the motor to paint with hopes of getting it in this saturday. if it goes as planned, and we know it won't
angry7.gif
, the motor,trans, drive shaft and exhaust will be in. one day next week he says he'll paint the bumpers and hood, he won't
tool.gif
but we getting there
thumbsup.gif

yesterday was a good day, now that the painter is almost done i'm back in control :) motor, trans, cooler lines, drive shaft, shifter all in and ready. i must be getting old cause it kicked my ***
pottytrain2.gif

didn't bring her home cause he wants to assemble it entirely to make sure for proper fit then final buff
10dcr5v.gif

Quit complaining, You went the rest of the way, why didn't you paint it yourself, wtf yo?

it'll be badge-less except i was thinking of using one or two of these

Id get 2 small chrome pentastars like off the 80s fwd mopars. And put em in place of where mitsubishi but the diamond stars on the starions.

I liked the TSI versions with the flared fenders.

Mebbe you could get a badge made up that says conquistador and put it on the back.

Cool project, lets see more pix.

Matt

I completely missed the fact that this car is a flatty, not a fatty. they are kinda uncommon as far as it goes

-
Back