Mopars at e-town.....

-
I agree w/ just about everything Joe said - but I still go - hoping that it will somehow get better if we encourage more people to attend. I enjoy going w/ my Brother and Dad every year. Not to mention, I don;t go to any tracks all year, so it's a real treat seeing the cars go down the track. I hope they don;t end the event - but somebody that runs the thing needs a swift kick in the balls to get them to be more proactive to try to improve the show. It pisses me off that it's such a far cry from what it was in the 90's, but I still look forward to it and enjoy it when I'm there.

BTW - I've never actually raced on a track before - is it possible to take my Charger down the track without it being a certified track car? I'd love to see what it (I) can do on the track. What's involved, and can I just do a run or two and park it?

No problem, bring a helmet if you have one, if not you can rent one. They like to see two springs on the the throttle linkage and an overflow for the antifreeze. Just stay above 11.5 for a hard top. Other than that it should pass the tech inspection no problem. If the weather is good you will have a blast. There will still be a lot of street cars on Saturday. They run from 11's to 17's. I think there will be at least a half dozen FABO's attending.

No problem, bring a helmet if you have one, if not you can rent one. They like to see two springs on the the throttle linkage and an overflow for the antifreeze. Just stay above 11.5 for a hard top. Other than that it should pass the tech inspection no problem. If the weather is good you will have a blast. There will still be a lot of street cars on Saturday. They run from 11's to 17's. I think there will be at least a half dozen FABO's attending.
I have MT ET streets - do i do a burn out in the puddle? Do I have to pre-register, or just show up and tell them i want to race?

Any special tips for a fully trimmed 68 Charger w/ stock 4 speed, 3.55s, and a stock stroke 440 putting out around 525hp? I'll be driving the thing there, so I'll be SOL if it somethign breaks.

Say what you want about the show..but one thing that has NEVER changed is the fact its an ALL NOTHING BUT MOPAR EVENT..we drive down from Boston,ma every year, meet up with the same people and have a blast no matter who shows up...

danmc77,with 525 h.p. if those m/t's hook your going to know it..as for the burn out roll through the box,heat them up,pre-stage,stage and let it rip on the last yellow,leave on green and your late,we bring all kinds of tools,jacks ,spare parts so if you hurt something come find us in the pits we maybe able to help,or know someone that can..look for a blue '68 dart.white '70 dart,black '68 road runner and my '70 hemi-orange duster we always pit together..but most of all HAVE FUN thats what it's all about:thumbup::thumbup:

Say what you want about the show..but one thing that has NEVER changed is the fact its an ALL NOTHING BUT MOPAR EVENT..we drive down from Boston,ma every year, meet up with the same people and have a blast no matter who shows up...

danmc77,with 525 h.p. if those m/t's hook your going to know it..as for the burn out roll through the box,heat them up,pre-stage,stage and let it rip on the last yellow,leave on green and your late,we bring all kinds of tools,jacks ,spare parts so if you hurt something come find us in the pits we maybe able to help,or know someone that can..look for a blue '68 dart.white '70 dart,black '68 road runner and my '70 hemi-orange duster we always pit together..but most of all HAVE FUN thats what it's all about:thumbup::thumbup:
cool - thanks Stroked!

i went 10+ yrs in a row, usually all 3 days. last time i went was about 5 yrs ago, planned to stay all weekend. saturday was about 40 show cars, 25 venders. i was bored by noon. i went back to hotel checked out and went home. havent been back

i went 10+ yrs in a row, usually all 3 days. last time i went was about 5 yrs ago, planned to stay all weekend. saturday was about 40 show cars, 25 venders. i was bored by noon. i went back to hotel checked out and went home. havent been back

I'd get bored too if all i went for was the car show...racing NEVER gets boring..

Got my pre-registration form today,so much for the earlier comment from someone about the prices always going up, same prices as they were last year and a few before then..not bad race my class two days for $45..

Looking forward to it. Went to Island last Friday for test and tune. I've got a few things to take care of but will be ready for Saturday the 15th.

Island 4-10a.jpg

Dont post much but I'll be there, its a Mopar show only 20 mins from my house so I cant pass it up. Yeah its not anything like it used to be but its still a Mopar show. Its soposed to be great weather and its not the same weekend as the Ocean City show so I'm hoping there will be a better turnout. We'll see!!!!! Hope to see some of your cars there, the Duster I'm buiding isnt ready yet so I need my fix.

Butch

I'll be there with a couple of friends on Sunday. Even if the show sucks, hangin' out with my Mopar buddies is never a bad thing! Plus, it sure beats mowing the lawn.:-D

Supposed to be very nice weather all weekend, mybe the Jersey humidity stays away. Hope to see some good racing on Sunday. Can't wait to walk through the gate into the pits and hear the cars going down the track.

im going to try to make it. havent been to it in about 3 years, every year i look at the pics it looks like it got real laim. something to do though. might take the duster for a ride, might not. im looking for a few parts maybe one of you other 6 going will have what i need.

I used to live right down the road from the track for years. Moved a little further south, but not far enough to stop me from going. It isn't the same as it was, but then again, what is? All Mopars, drag racing for the admission price, and this weekend good weather as well! If you don't like the show, then don't go! Simple as that. They all can't be as good as the Nats or Carlisle!

dude - I'm meeting 6 different people tomorrow to either pick up parts or drop them off. I think with the nice weather tomorrow, it's going to be busier than the last few years. I'm predicting a pretty good show tomorrow.

Dan
what time will you be there in the morning?
as early as possible, but I need to pick up my Dad and a trailer before I get there - maybe around 9:30am? Already have all my crap loaded in the truck, and my clothes laid out :)

i went this morning for a little bit hoping to find some 70-72 duster front clip stuff but no good. met a guy that is supposed to bring me a hood tomorrow. i saw crazy4cars hemi dart which is pretty cool. i also saw some good buys in the parts area, nothing i needed and i dont need anymore junk to trip over.

Just got back and I hate to say it but it seemed worse than last year and that was bad. The swap meet area was tiny and most of the racers were new Challengers, Chargers, and Rams. It was disapointing, although there were some nice cars there, just not many.

Maybe tomorrow will be better, deciedeing if I want to find out or not. Too bad we couldnt get a ton of people to rally behind this event next year and turn it into something decent again. Ohh well any day I get to see a bunch of old Mopars is a good day!!!!!!! That twin turbo Dart was insane!

Butch

I just got back home at 5:30
This was my first time there. It was smaller than I was expecting, however there were some nice cars.
I was hoping there would have been more A body cars racing.
I will not go back tomorrow
George

-
Back