Mopars at e-town.....

-

stroked 340

Banned
Reaction score
May 15th-16th..who coming this year??..same ole' diehards:thumbup::thumbup:

yea all three of them...lmao

Here we go again... Why are you so against this event? Yeah, it's not as good as it used to be but whatever, it's a Mopar-specific event.

I'll be there on Sunday, would probably go both days if I didn't have to work on Saturday mornings.

Here we go again... Why are you so against this event? Yeah, it's not as good as it used to be but whatever, it's a Mopar-specific event.

because it sucks.. because they dropped the ball and said screw us mopar fans. because if you support a bad event then there is no reason for them to try to improve it.

every year - I'll be there.

One of these years, Joe - we'll win you back.

lol.. if i have off and nothing else going on i usually take the drive up. i found a brand new set of spitfires for $90 there probably 4 years ago or so. that was the last time i went. what a joke that event has become. but if i have nothing else to do then its better then nothing.. :)

lol.. if i have off and nothing else going on i usually take the drive up. i found a brand new set of spitfires for $90 there probably 4 years ago or so. that was the last time i went. what a joke that event has become. but if i have nothing else to do then its better then nothing.. :)

I still can't believe that it costs more to get in the E-town show than the Carlisle show!!

because it sucks.. because they dropped the ball and said screw us mopar fans. because if you support a bad event then there is no reason for them to try to improve it.

How did they drop the ball? I don't see how much has been different over the last few years except that people have just stopped showing up. Do you want more "Mopar" celebrity types or something? Who gives a ****?

I say the internet has ruined swap meets but that's neither here nor there... it's all about the drags for me. Sucks my 17 second car is still in pieces or I'd be making runs.

I dunno, I like going. What can I say?

How did they drop the ball? I don't see how much has been different over the last few years except that people have just stopped showing up

yes people stopped going because theres nothing there any more to draw them in, they rape ya on admission also. it used to take a full day to walk the parts. now you can do it in 10 minutes. and its not the internet that hurt it. goto carlisle or the nats and they sure have no shortage of parts. yea the tax man hurt it big time but they didn't do anything to make ya want to go there either. the show car area used to bring the top cars in the country. took forever to walk through and check things out , then the racing used have a ton of cars. cars in the staging lanes used to be backed up to the fuel pumps in the swap area. i know because i waited in those staging lane lines. then you had the lil red wagon big name drag racers running **** over the weekend too. it was a cool *** event. the racing turnout is a quarter of what it used to be. and to be honest i live 5 minutes from atco raceway. i can and do go see/do all the racing i want there with no shortage of mopars. to me its not about one thing. its all three combined to make the event great. i used to take the weekend off from work to go fri sat and sunday. now you can cruise through the whole damn place in an hour or so and see everything. i've always said if you go and have a good time thats great. i'm glad for ya but don't try to tell me the event is something it isn't . i used to love that show and it was only an hour away which was great. but it has been dying a slow death for years now. its not even worth having it a two day show anymore. go have fun don't know why guys have a problem with what others think if they have fun when they go then go and have fun..

I'll be there Saturday. I get three passes, dial in a number and maybe go a few rounds. It's fun even with a 13 second car.

We go through this every year. E-town is what it is. With the exception of Carlisle, none of these local events are what they used to be (that includes the Atco and Island events). One thing that would improve the event is if people would just go and have a good time. Its all there is and every bit as good as the other NJ Mopar events. If you have something against it, don't go. No big deal. Why go through the effort to campaign against it?

I will be there Saturday with a few other North Jersey Mopars. Unless you have a real race car, Sunday is crowded and if you have a street car, you will be waiting a very long time in the staging lanes.

I'm not making a campaign agains anything. I was busting stroked balls ( we go back and forth every year ). And you asked me a question and I answered it. Sorry if you didn't like my answer.

I agree atco is also lame. Exact reason I don't take the 5 mile drive to that show. I refuse to support events that expect to hand over my money for an event that they don't want to try to make better. In my opinion the only way they listen is if I talk with my money. I do thatby no going. If etown and atco mopar events go awY for good I sure won't shed any tears that's for sure

Face it, no matter what stance you take, E-town, Atco and Island are not going to change. Its too bad that you feel that way because you are someone who could actually do a lot to make it a better event. You probably know more know more Mopar people than anyone around here. You could be encouraging your Mopar Misfit buddies to take the ride up there. That would do more to improve thnigs than anything E-town is willing or able to do.

While that is true on what Formulas said, I also don't blame Joe ethier. He is right. I try an make it to E-twon when I can. I run what I brung (Which has been preety lame the last few years, LOL!) and walk around shooting the breeze with strangers if possible.

I normaly like to take a night at a local Motel6 or something and take in a movie with the wife and eat out someplace other than a normal chain,

Face it, no matter what stance you take, E-town, Atco and Island are not going to change. Its too bad that you feel that way because you are someone who could actually do a lot to make it a better event. You probably know more know more Mopar people than anyone around here. You could be encouraging your Mopar Misfit buddies to take the ride up there. That would do more to improve thnigs than anything E-town is willing or able to do.

no i can't help someone that doesn't want to be helped. a few years ago a guy from e-town went around to a bunch of mopar sites and asked what they could do to make things better. well he got all bent out of shape with the answers. screw him. trust me all of my friends used to hit e-town every year. hell we would caravan up 206 there. but anymore they don't want to be bothered because its not worth the time anymore. last year e-town was on the same weekend as OC maryland. sorry but e-town can't even be mentioned in the same sentence as that get together. we all cruised the 3 hours there together, cruised from cruise to cruise together and had a great time. there were 3000 + cars there. it was awesome man.

hell i got banned from moparts because of e-town. they were trying to talk a guy into driving 4 hours to mapars at e-town. i spoke up and told him not to waste the money and they got pissed there because moparts was a sponsor that year. but truth be told, if i had people talk me into a 4 hour ride and all the associated expenses of doing the 4 hour drive and hotel stay i would be damn pissed off at them all when i saw the event itself.. here check it out. they edited a bunch out but you get the idea.. http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=best&Number=2653336&fpart=&PHPSESSID=

bottom line is i don't like the show anymore and i think its a waste of time and money for me to go. if you still have a good time then go and don't worry about what i or anyone esle thinks... me and my mopar buddies cruise all over the place for fun. we go to the poconos (2 hour ride) just for a little block party type of thing and a 10 car car show. we do poker runs down by the shore, we did a cruise to no where last year and probably again this year that took us all through the pines and stopped at batsto village and smithville.. it was a great time. i'm looking into finding fun back roads to end up at cape may zoo for this years cruise to no where. bottom line is ifs fun for us then we try to get there. and e-town really isn't any fun for must of us any more. e-town did it to themselves not me.

like i said.. a bunch of us tried to give walt frey ideas when he asked for them. he didn't like them. oh well. not my problem . and again. i feel that supporting a lame show doesn't help them see that it needs to be improved. if i see people flood my show then i have no reason to improve it. but if i see no one show up i better do something to improve or it will be gone. e-town got too cocky in my opinion. didn't keep building on a great show and let carlisle fly right by. i never used to goto carlisle when e-town was good. i would get everything i needed at e-town. didn't have the money or time off to do both. same deal now. if i have to choose one or the other and carlisle wins hands down. and i'm sure i'm not the only one that can do one or the other..

it is what it is man.. go have fun.

I agree w/ just about everything Joe said - but I still go - hoping that it will somehow get better if we encourage more people to attend. I enjoy going w/ my Brother and Dad every year. Not to mention, I don;t go to any tracks all year, so it's a real treat seeing the cars go down the track. I hope they don;t end the event - but somebody that runs the thing needs a swift kick in the balls to get them to be more proactive to try to improve the show. It pisses me off that it's such a far cry from what it was in the 90's, but I still look forward to it and enjoy it when I'm there.

BTW - I've never actually raced on a track before - is it possible to take my Charger down the track without it being a certified track car? I'd love to see what it (I) can do on the track. What's involved, and can I just do a run or two and park it?

Not to mention, I don;t go to any tracks all year, so it's a real treat seeing the cars go down the track.

see that may be why some really like it too. maybe i'm spoiled being so close to atco. i can run any time i want right in my back yard.. i was just there last thursday hanging out with a friend. didn't have my car because its still hibernating lol. and it was a nhra event..

-
Back