Mopars At The Rock

-
We are going to be there with a good sized group. Not sure if any of us will have our cars due to random bad luck for each one. My rear end is howling mad after being rebuilt so it will depend on getting it fixed in time. I will be able to wear a FABO shirt though. Hope to meet some of you guys there. Winnie the Pooh & Donald Duck are able to pull off the "no pants" look not sure about anyone on here!

To all who plan on attending: What happens if it's shitty weather? will they cancel it? I ask because I really want to go but I see the forecast calls for thunderstorms all day and an 80% chance of rain!!! >:(

Rockingham Dragway
ATTENTION MOPARS AT THE ROCK FANS AND PARTICIPANTS
In the event of any foul weather during Saturday’s 20thAnnual Mopars at The Rock we will complete the event in it’s entirety on Sunday, April 17. The event is on for this Saturday as scheduled, Swap Meet Gate opens at 7am, Car Show and Race Car gate opens at 8am and the spectator gate opens at 9am.

I would assume it was postponed due to the tornado warnings in the area right now. I am getting the hatches battened down because they are issuing warnings in my area right now.

I wanted to go.I have a buddy that lives near there but I just couldn't afford the trip.Lets see some pics...

I called down there earlier to see if they where on and the lady said yeah they were racin and all. I asked about the turnout and she said that there wasn't many people there. So no big loss I guess. This is the first time in over 20 yrs that I missed it.:angry7: Anywho there is Farmington coming up.

I called down there earlier to see if they where on and the lady said yeah they were racin and all. I asked about the turnout and she said that there wasn't many people there. So no big loss I guess. This is the first time in over 20 yrs that I missed it.:angry7: Anywho there is Farmington coming up.

That lady told me that they were going to have the event later in the season because not enough people were going to make it. I guess we shall wait and see if they post a date.

listen. i left my house at 5 this morning loaded to the gills with nice items. i also was dropping off the fc7 dart to fellow meber on the way. i made iot to him at 9 am. well, from his house, the track was only 1.50 hrs away. it took me over 3 hrs to get there!. had flat on trailer, and i thought i was going to the track with a empty trailer, and i wound up picking up a ram charger on the way!. but weighed 3 times what was on my trailer to begin with.lol so, i could only do 50 mph tops, or i would sway like crazy.

so, needless to say, i got the at 1":30 on the dot, and as i pulled in, everyone was zooming out of thetre. so, i got to sell nothing, but member mikebee stayed and waited for me, as i wanted a few things he had_______thanks bro>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>lol

so, then we decided to get a motel room. i went in and took a nap for 2 hrs, and when i woke up at like 5, it was a full sunny day!. i was like wtf?
so, i called the terack, and they put on the answering machine that the day went through as planeed, and all racing was done........................BULLSHIT! i never even made it in the door, and tommorow they were lwetting everone in that came today for free, but nothing mopar related was going on.

so, all that for nothing, and not only did it cost me tons in fuel to go out there, i came home with something else on the trailer. lmao.lol

The guy that runs the track emailed me back today & told me that they had the show yesterday & that it was dismal. I have heard from a few people that they were told they would reschedule it later in the summer but I did not get that impression from the email I got. Hope the weather is better for Farmington & hope to meet some of you guys there.

yea, im getting married on the 6th, and was going to try and swindle into going there o0n the 7th.lmao

This is from Rockinghams Facebook page:

<H2 class=uiHeaderTitle>20TH ANNUAL MOPARS AT THE ROCK</H2>
by Rockingham Dragway on Sunday, April 17, 2011 at 12:27pm

20TH ANNUAL MOPARS AT THE ROCK COMPLETED SATURDAY
With tornadoes dodging the track and the track dodging thunder storms, the 20th Annual Mopars at The Rock was completed on Saturday, in spite of trying conditions. Although aversively affected by the weather predictions, a decent group of resilient show cars, swap meters and racers showed and the event was completed for the most part.
The car show judging was completed and the drag racing portion was down to the quarter-final run before the rain set in. The purse was equally split among the remaining competitors.
With a lot of interest in the Rockingham Mopar event there may be an additional event added later in the season.
The track sincerely thanks those who weathered the storm and attended Saturday’s event

-
Back