Mopars at the Rock

-
Thought I would post a final update on the event. As predicted (believe it or not :))the rain did stop by 9 am and clearing started. Sun was out some by noon but it stayed breezy and quite cool the whole day. Turnout, as you would expect, was down in all areas, show, race and swap.

I'm quessing, there were about 25-26 classics that showed up for the show, maybe 6-8 trucks and about a dozen LC/LX cars so maybe 45 or so total. A few really nice old classics including a gorgeous 1970 orange GTX and a beautiful 67 Satellite (or Coronet??) convertable Hemi, 4 spd car - both full stock. Quite a few (given the turnout) older Challengers. On the new car front "my" new car was there - a Green with Envy 2011 SRT8 with 6 spd ---- just gotta find a way to get one! Also a 2010 Chally and Charger with Kenne Bell super chargers on them.

The old Savoy took 1st in B Mod (out of three cars I think) -- but also took best of show!! My real high light was a fellow from Mopar Action was there and wanted to do a photo shoot of my car later in the day. He took my name and phone number down - but never called :( That would have been neat to get it in the magazine!!

So all in all it was not near what everyone had hoped for but being a Mopar event was still fun. Some good racing, some nice cars and I came home with an empty cooler and a couple of trophies...

Tadams - did we meet???

Yeah it was kinda disamal turnout. But I guess that was to be expected. Still was a great way to finish off the car show season. Mopar or No Car!:cheers:

Hi Stumper, we met briefly, it was to cold for my t-shirt so I had it covered with a flanel shirt. Your Savoy was awesome as well as the 66 Barracuda next to you. I really didn't see to many cars that didn't deserve to be in the show. The racing was good also, just the delays were tough. I had my teens with me so I didn't have much tome to visit and when I came back you had walked away, but our paths will cross again soon. Congrats on your win.
Talk to you soon.

Yea, the Barracuda was a nice one. There were several nice Duster/ Demons there too.
It's hard to tell who the members are at these shows unless they have their cars with them - or T shirts I guess. I didn't pick up on the reason for the track delays - most didn't appear to be track prep related. The track was in terrible shape too! Last weekend they had a jet truck there and it looked like nothing was repaired after the runs.

Great cars in the show. Wouldn't have wanted to be a judge. Maybe one day my Demon will be good enough for Mopar Action to at least look at. At least I won my class...A-body Modified.

I had friends drag racing so I was over there watching quite a bit.

Fred

Great cars in the show. Wouldn't have wanted to be a judge. Maybe one day my Demon will be good enough for Mopar Action to at least look at. At least I won my class...A-body Modified.

I had friends drag racing so I was over there watching quite a bit.

Fred

Was yours the green Demon on the end? That was a sharpe car. Got a kick out of the 2007 Farmington trophy in the back of it. Didn't realize they gave out those types of trophies back them. I picked up a 1st in B Mod at the Farm this spring and have had lots of good chuckles out of the trophy since then. I affectionally refer to it as my Beetle Juice Trophy since it reminds me of the little model city in that movie. Even went searching for a little Beetle Juice guy to glue in there...:tard:

This sounds like a repeat of the weather at the 2009 IHRA World Finals at Rockingham. My partner and I drove 900 miles one way to get 3 t/t runs and they finally postponed it to the next year. We weren't able to make the return trip, so we didn't get the chance to race. We had a decent time met a bunch of Mopar racers, but it would have been a lot better if we could have raced. I had been to the Rock three consecutive years prior in October and the weather was miserable.

Bill S.

I did not get to make it had to work.Was The this car at the show.I sold it in 2009 right before the Mopar at the rock that year and the guy won Best A-Body and the Ronnie sox cup award.He also made it in Mopar Muscle Front cover and centerfold that year.

6090_100153883333685_100000172201121_1323_2931052_n.jpg

mopp_0905_06_z+1965_barracuda+front_angle.jpg

I didn't see that car. There was a white 66 Barracuda.

I think wupracing was referring to an earlier event as I didn't see it there either this weekend. That is a super nice looking Barracuda though. I think I saw that car before, either in person or the magazine.
The funny thing about the weather here is that we usually have great dry weather in this area. We are almost always praying for rain and cooler weather... It just seems to show up for the darn races - and Mopar shows!!!

I was asking about this past weekend..He was not there early this year either..I think 2009 was the only one he went to with it...He lives in Greensbro..I live in Maxton N.C. only 40 mins. from Rockingham dragway.I had less than 500 miles on it when I sold it..
The only thing I have seen he did to it since he got it from me was paint the rims to macth the car and paint the chrome around the back window everthing else looks the same except for the breather.I gave him to different breathers.The dual ram air setup and the one that was in Mopar Muscle Mag.
Myself I prefer the dual ram air setup as it has more chrome under the hood as it is not Orig.

Was yours the green Demon on the end? That was a sharpe car. Got a kick out of the 2007 Farmington trophy in the back of it. Didn't realize they gave out those types of trophies back them. I picked up a 1st in B Mod at the Farm this spring and have had lots of good chuckles out of the trophy since then. I affectionally refer to it as my Beetle Juice Trophy since it reminds me of the little model city in that movie. Even went searching for a little Beetle Juice guy to glue in there...:tard:

Yup. That was me.

I had no idea they rescheduled that event. My father and I went in the spring and wandered around for a bit before the rain pretty much shut it down. We were told they weren't rescheduling the event. Fortunately we got back to Fayetteville ahead of all the tornados that day and there wasn't any damage where we were.

Well, April will be here soon for the next Mopars at the Rock, then Farmington, then the gathering at Petty's Garage on May 26, Mopars at the Beach (Myrtle) in Aug, and the Palmetto Nat'ls in Oct. I'm sure I forgot some...

Yup, hopefully the weather will cooperate with us more in 2012.. I like the sound of the Mopar week at the beach that Frog is putting on - but not sure I can handle the weather and the crowds during the first week in August. Driving one of these old blast furnaces around in 100 degree heat and humidity is not fun, plus the place will be loaded full of the summer tourist crowd - kids etc.. The concopt is nice but I think early spring or fall would be a much better time. He was also talking about maybe looking at a different location for the Palmetto Event in the Fall. I'm sure he'll post any changes here if it hapens.

-
Back