Mopars @E-Town Aug.26-27 who coming..

-
Is Carlisle what it was 10 years ago? Last time I went I thought it too sucked.

Carlisle went down hill when that lisa woman left in my opinion.. but last time i went i found a few things for our dart for cheap too..

Carlisle claims record attendance every year too but thats just because there is more new stuff there now making up for lower old car counts.

as far as racing at e-town goes.. i have no interest in it.. i live 10 minutes from atco dragway so i can go race or watch racing anytime i want. i know not everyone has that luxury but from the looks of it not too many are interested in running or watching at e-towm either.. only time you would ever see people (even in the good days) watching the racing was when the big boys came out or when they were sitting in the bleachers eating lunch or taking a break..

i agree the events don't bring in enough young people.. just too expensive for them to get into the mopar hobby anymore..

Carlisle went down hill when that lisa woman left in my opinion.. but last time i went i found a few things for our dart for cheap too..

Carlisle claims record attendance every year too but thats just because there is more new stuff there now making up for lower old car counts.

as far as racing at e-town goes.. i have no interest in it.. i live 10 minutes from atco dragway so i can go race or watch racing anytime i want. i know not everyone has that luxury but from the looks of it not too many are interested in running or watching at e-towm either.. only time you would ever see people (even in the good days) watching the racing was when the big boys came out or when they were sitting in the bleachers eating lunch or taking a break..

i agree the events don't bring in enough young people.. just too expensive for them to get into the mopar hobby anymore..

I drove 3 hours to E-town dragging a car on a trailer. I did it just to see how it really it was for swap meet. I heard it was bad but was not expecting it to be that bad. It was really bad. There was like no people walking around in the swap meet area at all. Had 2 sales and one was from another vendor across from me. I did it for the experience and did not expect to much. If I sold sold something ok. I agree. That show is definitely dead. Till something big changes to draw crowd. It is sad to see it the way it is. First time there ever but used to hear about how great and big it was in the 80's and 90's.

On another note, I am thinking of going to Mopar Madness coming up here on 16 Sept in Petersburg, VA Motor speedway Dragstrip. I went there only 1 time and that was around 12 years ago. I thought that was small and not much of swap meet. I would say a little better than E-town. The drag racing there was good though. Same thing though. Not much attendence in stands but a lot of cars racing. How is it these days? I went on You Tube and watched a few videos of the shows of last few years but can anyone tell me the crowd turn out or swap meet turn out? Looking to do the same thing. Drag a car on trailer and take some parts for sale.

Thnks.

its dead.. has been for many years now... they had perfect weather this year and still couldn't pull a decent crowd.. turned out exactly like i though it would.. an embarrassment...

damn shame.. it used to be a great show.. i'd go every year.. always find what i wanted and spent all my car money there.. carlisle was still in its infancy back then.. had friends telling me that i have to check out carlisle but i never did because i was out of money from e-town..lol.. then e-town dies pretty much over night. they were resting on their laurels and never gave a thought to changing things up some and giving people what they wanted.. meanwhile carlisle took over. e-town changed the mopar dates to after carlisle and e-town continued to die. i'm sure the guys running mopars at e-town are trying but its still failing big time..

these days its not worth my time or money to go .. i'll go to Carlisle instead.. its earlier in the year and i find what i want there. people used to say but e-town has drag racing. well look at those stands and tell me how many people are really interested in the racing those two days.. only time people even look like they are watching the racing is when they are sitting in the bleachers eating lunch..

as far as that goes.. only voice any of us have with events like this is our money.. i refuse to blindly support something i don't like just because they have it.. thats just stupid.. if i don't like it i will not waste time and money on it even if it says mopar on it.. make it so i want to go and spend my money then i'll go.. until then i'll find something else to do with my time and money and continue to laugh when i see how empty that event is every year..

every year guys i know that would go because it was a local mopar event drop out because it seems to just get worse every year.. this year a friend paid to vend the weekend. he heard it was getting better from the clowns that try to pump that embarrassment up so he figured he would give it another chance. he went saturday and didn't go back sunday because it was so pathetic.. just the way it is man.. damn shame too.. i can remember the days of wall to wall parts,top show cars in the coultry, racers backed up all the way out past the staging lanes to almost the show cars (almost all the lanes too) all the big name vendors there, big name racers there, big daddy walking around..etc...etc...etc.. its just dead now.. pull a sheet over its head and bury it already... the best it could be now is maybe a one day event..

Your attitude is #1 thing that's wrong with the show...stay home we don't miss ya'..by the way Carlise is nothing but a big car show no racing: ie..BORING!!!

Your attitude is #1 thing that's wrong with the show...stay home we don't miss ya'..by the way Carlise is nothing but a big car show no racing: ie..BORING!!!

very few give a **** about racing.. the stands and turn out at e-town just prove my point...

carlisle must be doing something right. they blow away e-town attendance.

and my attitude is what everyone should have.. why support something so lame just because its there? gotta speak with your money. show you don't like it by not going and they are forced to change for the better. its the only voice we have.. if you continue to show up for a lame *** show they will never change for the better...

I drove 3 hours to E-town dragging a car on a trailer. I did it just to see how it really it was for swap meet. I heard it was bad but was not expecting it to be that bad. It was really bad. There was like no people walking around in the swap meet area at all. Had 2 sales and one was from another vendor across from me. I did it for the experience and did not expect to much. If I sold sold something ok. I agree. That show is definitely dead. Till something big changes to draw crowd. It is sad to see it the way it is. First time there ever but used to hear about how great and big it was in the 80's and 90's.

On another note, I am thinking of going to Mopar Madness coming up here on 16 Sept in Petersburg, VA Motor speedway Dragstrip. I went there only 1 time and that was around 12 years ago. I thought that was small and not much of swap meet. I would say a little better than E-town. The drag racing there was good though. Same thing though. Not much attendence in stands but a lot of cars racing. How is it these days? I went on You Tube and watched a few videos of the shows of last few years but can anyone tell me the crowd turn out or swap meet turn out? Looking to do the same thing. Drag a car on trailer and take some parts for sale.

Thnks.

We trailer our cars 4 1/2 hours each way EVERY year and have a blast EVERY year its the only time during the year we get to see some of the other guys/gals:D:D

wonderful.. i see my my close mopar pals on a regular basis.. and i can see the ones that live further away at carlisle because they sure as hell aren't wasting their time at e-town...

hey if you love e-town thats awesome.. continue to go.. its cool thats your thing and i'm not gonna try to talk you out of it.. but at the same time i get upset when guys try to talk people into driving long distances to go to this great show.. i know if i was talked into it by the fan boys i'd be pissed spending all the time and money going to find out its such a lame event.. it is what it is.. a dead event.. not even sure if its on life support any more. dying a slow painful death..

Too bad, it sounds like E Town, came and went with Mopar scene. But I'm sure E Town will survive without the Mopar crowd,
Hey abodyjoe, is there any good dirt bike riding in that area, there was plenty of areas in the 70's. and I can't forget the fishing holes.

not many any more.. cops patrol a lot of the area now and bust balls.... a dual sport is the way to go now.. get tags and insurance and head to the pines.. they don't really bother us much there.. not enough rangers and as long as you aren't where you aren't sup[posed to be you are fine..

best place around for many years was triboro but even thats almost flat now, blackwood pit gone..

Thanx Joe, we did most of our riding around Stone Tavern. stroked, a weekend every summer at E Town is a good getaway, no matter if there is a mopar show or not,
There will always be a big block nova or Camaro there to clip your wings. so keep going.

-
Back