Mopars For Sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats Bgs1127 Have To Say About All This.?
Bgs Your Side Of The Story Please.

plumcrazy704406; Evidently it's takng him awhile to get BGS1127 side of story together. I'm just guessing! I've been putting this off for amonth and a half hoping he would get in touch. But after he hung up on me last weekend! Wellhat else can I say about him. Thankyou Glenn

I have heard the "sick" excuse more than once lately...

Im GLAD hes sick.

Serves him right.
Wanna give people a raw deal an life will eventually
give you a raw deal.

What goes around
COMES around.

I dont think he has the BALLS to fess up.
He got hes money,i dont see him coming back on here.

In Canada, if you buy a car from someone who hasn't titled it, you cannot title it until it has been titled by the sellar. So it was important that when I bought the kid's Duster, it had to be in the seller's name. In this case, he hadn't driven it but he had titled it.

On another point, I have heard of some folks having to sell due to medical costs..I hope Obama will bring through a bill to provide free medical for you so this doesn't ever happen again. If this story is true ...and I am thinking it is not....my heart goes out to him ..

But he sounds like the worst case nightmare..

I bought a Vauxhall sight un seen but the sellar was dead on with his assement...don't think I would do it again...

I feel really bad for the purchaser of the Dart...no one should have to go through this..probably time to call the lawyer..
Grassy

Dont wish the healthcare thing on us. i,d rather part with my car than deal with that catastrophe.

I guess this is why I can't sell a car or parts here, cause I'm asking a fair price, and I tell the truth about what is for sale.

imagine that......

Sorry you had a problem with this guy

your much better off in life telling it like it is than pissing people off. I learned a while back, a lawyer can be your best friend!

your much better off in life telling it like it is than pissing people off. I learned a while back, a lawyer can be your best friend!

Thanks. You certainly would think. But all it's gotten me so far is a couple of liars and thieves.......by that I mean I've had someone on each car I have for sale tell me they WERE BUYING the car, only to have one on here go buy something else, not tell me, and leave me hangin for a week till I pressed to hear from him, or people who want to kick me while I'm down and steal stuff for half it's value.

Where did you people go who were trying to snag the wheels when I didn't want to separate them from the package?

Where did you people go who were clamoring for the seat covers?

(disclaimer......not all the people I've spoken with have fit into the categories listed above. so the couple of you who don't fit, don't take offense. those of you who DO fit can kiss my lilly white azz)

You may want to call a lawyer and find out what you can do legally. Some states have a time period in which you can legally return anything you`ve bought for a full and complete refund, within a certain time, without penalty.

i hope i am not one of those you refer to. i do window shop but i wont back out on a commitment. your car didnt fit my needs at present. but i may be interested at a later date. poor boys like me are always looking for a steal. i remember when you were changing pipes and i asked if youd keep them till i came to dallas for the nascar race and you didnt even reply back. think about it. i felt like you thought you were too good. i wanted your junk but you blew me off. dont feel so good whenthe shoes on the other foot huh.

You may want to call a lawyer and find out what you can do legally. Some states have a time period in which you can legally return anything you`ve bought for a full and complete refund, within a certain time, without penalty.

Forget that, we are way to far into this project to return it now.

If the sumbitch is really sick, he'd be gettin' to meet Jesus a whole lot sooner! I HATE theives and liars. This boy needs to be a man and make it right. :blob6::naka::axe:

Wylde1.

Not for nothing, but things like this seem to be happening more and more as of late. Blame the economy, shady characters or what-have-you. I have been searching for an early Mopar for close to a year now and have replied to several ads, both here and on other sites regarding cars that were posted for sale.
Several months ago I had located an early Mopar that I was very seriously interested in and actually had every intention of buying, providing the registration and paperwork were accessible and valid. I had severl phone conversations with the seller and we were actually in the process of finalizing the final selling price and so forth. The closer we got to sealing the deal though, the more excuses that seemed to come up regarding the registration and title. It became very obvious very quickly that something was amiss with the title and it was going to be a chore to get the proper paperwork in order for me to register the car once I was done restoring it.
Amazingly, I was contacted by 2 other people regarding the same car and was told they were buying the car for x amount of dollars less and the deal was already sealed. It turned into one huge circus and I finally just got fed up with the whole deal and told the guy to forget it. Suddenly I'm flooded with emails and pm's from this guy and others who accused me of trying to scam this guy and just being an all around total jerk-off.
This experience in and of itself has turned me off completely from even responding to ads posted on sites such as this anymore. Prior to this experience I had several awesome experiences buying cars online through forums dedicated specifically to the cars I was looking for. It only takes one bad experience though to ruin it and I had it trying to buy an old Mopar.
For your sake Glenn, I hope you get everything you paid for and I hope it happens fast. You deserve it and it's the only right thing for this dirtbag to do to even TRY to make things right. Unfortunately, his failure and blatant refusal to maintain contact with you and his inability to post his side of events only further solidify the fact that you have probably just gotten the screwing of a lifetime and will probably never hear from this scumbag again.
Ironically, I came back here seeing what cars might be for sale that would interest me as I am still looking for a decent old Mopar to restore. However, reading about this experience only further strengthens my resolve to refrain from buying cars online anymore. There's just too much that can go wrong and too many a-holes looking to stick it others all for the sake of the almighty dollar. The risk simply isn't worth it anymore.

Sorry I haven't posted pictures yet. I keep forgetting to take my camera to the guys house we have installing the frame rail and other stuff. But I will get some soon. As for ny2000ramtough, I think that the economy has some to do with the recent problems buyers are having and seem to be on the increase. People are losing there jobs, bills are piling up and people are depressed. But On here and other boards there are allot of good people and fair deals to be had. I thing like you did on the car deal you were negotiating on, YOU JUST HAVE TO BE EXTRA CAREFUL!.Don't give up, you will find the car your looking for, and meet an honest seller at the same time. As for BGS1127, I think thru his actions and lack of actions, speak volumes as to the character of this Member! And by everyone else like you having a chance to follow this thread, maybe the next potential buyer won't get burned by him in the future. I know these type members are the minority here as I have met and dealt with many members on here that are honest fine individuals. Don't give up hope, just take extra caution in the future.

SG-
Being as how I was interested in this car, and went to see it in sub-zero weather, I would sure like to see some pictures of the car with the repairs that have been made so far.
Like I said in the past, the car wasn't TOO bad, but was not represented honestly by the seller.
Keep up the good work, and please keep us posted as it progresses. It will be a wonderful car once the heavy work is finished.

George

George, I know I need to get some pictures, I'll do my best to go take some this weekend. Now that we are replacing the Torsion bar cross member, the left frame rail, both inner fenderwells.lower core support, inner fenderwell firewall aprons. We discovered that the front section down where the left front fender bolts at the bottom, was pulled in just a little bit. So now we have to use a porta power to push it out. Luckly I have several parts cars to get the measurements off of to get it back where it belongs. I'll keep you posted.

Damn. Sounds like a handfull at the bottom of the fender area. I didn't notice that part. :(
It also sounds like you have a good handle on the job! Keep fighting the good fight.

George

George, I know I need to get some pictures, I'll do my best to go take some this weekend. Now that we are replacing the Torsion bar cross member, the left frame rail, both inner fenderwells.lower core support, inner fenderwell firewall aprons. We discovered that the front section down where the left front fender bolts at the bottom, was pulled in just a little bit. So now we have to use a porta power to push it out. Luckly I have several parts cars to get the measurements off of to get it back where it belongs. I'll keep you posted.

I went over and took some pictures while it is under construction. It has a 340 K-member in it just to line up the frame rails. The BB one has been blasted painted and tucked away.

glenns67-3.jpg

glenns67-4.jpg

glenns67-1.jpg

glenns67-2.jpg

glenns67.jpg

glenns67-7.jpg

I need to replace the wheel houses yet. The car was mini tubbed.

glenns67-5.jpg

Speaking of using extra caution: I use Escrow.com for all transactions I don't have confidence in. That will always end a shady deal, right then and there. There's no reason at all not to use Escrow, as it's safe for everyone. Anyone not agreeing to it can sell "whatever" to someone else!

Sorry I haven't posted pictures yet. I keep forgetting to take my camera to the guys house we have installing the frame rail and other stuff. But I will get some soon. As for ny2000ramtough, I think that the economy has some to do with the recent problems buyers are having and seem to be on the increase. People are losing there jobs, bills are piling up and people are depressed. But On here and other boards there are allot of good people and fair deals to be had. I thing like you did on the car deal you were negotiating on, YOU JUST HAVE TO BE EXTRA CAREFUL!.Don't give up, you will find the car your looking for, and meet an honest seller at the same time. As for BGS1127, I think thru his actions and lack of actions, speak volumes as to the character of this Member! And by everyone else like you having a chance to follow this thread, maybe the next potential buyer won't get burned by him in the future. I know these type members are the minority here as I have met and dealt with many members on here that are honest fine individuals. Don't give up hope, just take extra caution in the future.

Wow, you guys are making some serious progress with that car! I`m sorry it`s in need of such major repairs. I can relate as I`ve bought 4 cars off Ebay so I know what it`s like to be lied to. On the flip side, it`s a low production number car and should make a great restoration when it`s all done.

Some cars are worth restoring and some cars aren't. This car definitely ranks in the category of worth restoring. It's actually great to see this car getting the 2nd life it deserves after the abuse it's suffered. Many lesser men would have just discarded the car and written it off as being too far gone. It's refreshing to see this car getting new life. This project should serve as an inspiration to us all when it comes time for us to get busy turning wrenches on our cars, especially when we start doubting the time and effort we're putting into them. ;)

The car is looking real tough guys! Awesome job thus far!
It was good to see it again, thanks for posting pictures.
Funny, last time I saw that car it had a FOOT of snow on it, and it was only about 15º outside! LOL I bet the car is happy it's now in Florida. I know I would be. :D
Anyway, please keep us posted with progress reports & pictures. I have a real interest in this car, and it's great to see it getting put back together the right way. Congratulations on a job well done. Your fabrication skills are to be commended.

George

Just got in on this thread and must say it's been an interesting read to say the least. The redeeming thing about this whole mess is that at least another Mopar has been saved from an a**hole.

I'll get a few more pictures. So far we have the torsion bar cross member in, the frame rails, inner fenderwells, and the floor pan is going in as we speak. it is a labor of love. Still have to replace roof skin, replace the mini tubed rear wells, and replace a piece of the rear frame rail where the springs were move into them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back