Mopars For Sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear about the damage and the shortage of parts.I don't know the whole situation but I will say MAYBE just MAYBE he did not know it had been wrecked at one time.Some people buy cars and never look at them real close.MAYBE he bought it as a project and never saw the damage.But I do NOT know the whole situation as I said.It may be he has had the car on the road before.In this case he WOULD HAVE KNOWN about the damage.Or maybe he saw it when he bought it and is dishonest.
As for the hub cabs,missing parts and transmission sounds like he was just plain DISHONEST to me.....So maybe he did know about the frame and body damage!!! But i doubt it!!!!!!!!
When I sell a car I always say I may scare you off, but this is every little thing wrong with it then I tell them everything. I don't want to waste your or my time is what I tell them after that..
Jim

A lot of people here in Virginia jump titles because of our state personal property tax. As soon as you title a car in your name you have to pay a personal property tax on it every 6 months whether it`s on the road or not.

I have attempted to e-mail him and PM him and call him! I have left about 40 messages on answering machine! All nice, he said he was fighting illnes. It' been three months. On 8/16/09 I called his number 860-417-3705. I asked if I was speaking to Bob Seeley, he said it was. I told him nicely that I was Gletobin, and was the buyer of his 67 GTS. He hung up! He has made no attempt to contact me. Told me he'd be back from Texas around end of June. This guy is quite the example of something! I'm confused, don't know what yet! There's more, but I'm kind of tired! Have a good life everyone. But you BOB!

Well sounds like you have a cool project.Its just to bad there are dishonest people in the Mopar hobby as well.This is why I could not bring myself to buy a car sight unseen and have it shipped.There is just to many "BOBs" out there and if it were not for bad luck I would not have any.
If you get a chance post some pics.I almost bought a 67 383 GTS before my 68 383 GTS.But mine was a 4 speed car so I went with it.
Jim

I upset Gletobin a bit.
On the issue of the title not in owners names I am just stating a few reasons why this happens.As far as the rest of my comments I just want to say I am toataly on Gletobins side here.Bob AKA BGS1127 sounds like a DISHONEST person.
Its to bad there are "BOBS" in this hobby.I have been into Mopars for 25 years now and most Mopar people I have delt with are GREAT people.But I have delt with a "BOB" once or twice myself.

I want to APOLOGIZE to Gletobin for upsetting him abit.I am on your side here 100%.

68383GTS

Maybe we should have a minimum of posts in order to sell things here, we are getting a lot of people who log in only to sell something then do not participate in this forum. jmho

Sorry to hear about the scammer, take him to court. You could atleast recoup parts from the verbal contract.

Apology accepted! Another reason for my anger. When I spoke with him, he souded really nice. The delivery price went from $1100.00 to $1900.00 after I had paid for GTS! Before the increase I sait I would give him a pair of fiberglass doors I had, never painted! And I did, I gave them to his friend Chuck who delivered car. I said they we're for BOB. At least I' stand by my word! SO, NEVER BUY A CAR SIGHT UNSEEN! THE OWNER MIGHT BE NAMED BOB! All thi because I paid his asking price. Learned very important lesson! There are dishonest people out there. Sorry to say! Even on For abodies only! GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU!!!!!!!!! Gletobin

Later this evening when I get done working I will write my side to this story. Glenn is a nice guy that people seem to like to take advantage of. The car was not the car it was advertised for sale as. It's a f@@king wreck!The only thing that makes it salvageable is the fact that it is a 67 383GTS.

Later this evening when I get done working I will write my side to this story. Glenn is a nice guy that people seem to like to take advantage of. The car was not the car it was advertised for sale as. It's a f@@king wreck!The only thing that makes it salvageable is the fact that it is a 67 383GTS.
I looked at that car in 8" of snow last winter with my 2 kids in 20º weather, and I saw the bent frame rail. There really isn't any way to miss it if you look at it.
I remember it was mini-tubbed, the ENTIRE floor was cut out of it, and I think it had cut inner front fenders for headers, but I could be mistaken.
The body on the car was pretty beat to ****, but it had a lot of good parts to go with it. If I was seriously interested in it, I would have tried to strike a deal on the car & parts without the motor and trans, but after seeing the floor and the frame I walked away.
He had a shitload of parts for this car in his basement, but it was so piled up & in boxes I coundn't do an accurate inventory to access the deal.

He showed me & the kids his 68 Hemi Dart in the garage, but wouldn't let us in the garage to get close. I think he was afraid the kids would touch it. He claimed it was a real LO23 car in not so many words, but I never got to see the VIN.

He also has a pretty nice T/A Challenger, and I see both the T/A and the Dart are on eBay from time to time. I guess he's having a hard time selling them.

Bob seemed to be a nice guy, and was gracious to us while we were there, but he is a bit of a salesman. I make that statement based on his description of the car, and what I saw when I got there.

Sorry you're unhappy with the car. I know it could be fixed and driven as it isn't THAT bad, but it will take a lot of dollars and a lot of time.

Good Luck with it, anyway.

George

Apology accepted! Another reason for my anger. When I spoke with him, he souded really nice. The delivery price went from $1100.00 to $1900.00 after I had paid for GTS! Before the increase I sait I would give him a pair of fiberglass doors I had, never painted! And I did, I gave them to his friend Chuck who delivered car. I said they we're for BOB. At least I' stand by my word! SO, NEVER BUY A CAR SIGHT UNSEEN! THE OWNER MIGHT BE NAMED BOB! All thi because I paid his asking price. Learned very important lesson! There are dishonest people out there. Sorry to say! Even on For abodies only! GOOD LUCK TO THE REST OF YOU!!!!!!!!! Gletobin

Im sorry to hear it man.
Really i am.
When i hear people screwin other people over,
i freak out.

Hel get whats coming to him im sure of it,one day
hel screw the wrong guy.
An not in the homo way either.

The fact that Glenn bought the car without looking at it was his fault. However, if the car was what the seller stated, it would still be a fair deal. As GEORGE R stated the bent drivers side frame rail was obvious. Since the entire floor pan is gone, the bent torsion bar cross member was obvious. The upper and lower A-arms were hard to see until the left front wheel was removed. There is no excuse for all of the parts that were promised to Glen not included. I know Glenn has atempted to call Bob several several times. And the one time he does get thru to Bob, when he finds out it is Glenn calling he HANGS UP ON HIM. That can only be viewed as Bob not wanting to do as he stated. The 727 Transmission is a USED 1970 model, not a "numbers matching" as Bob said it was. The original GTS hubcaps he promised to Glenn, Bob later sold them to someone else for 300.00. So far the on just the body we have had to replace the Left side frame rail, the inner fenderwells (both), the left upper and lower A-arms. The car will also get a roof skin, the rear wheel wells, and the both frame rails will need to be repaired because the springs were moved in board. The left front fender was a patched up 69 fender. Glenn paid the full asking price Bob was wanting. The least Bob can do at this point is send the rest of the parts that were included in the deal. Bob quoted Glenn 1100.00 to deliver it, than after Glenn paid for the car Bob tells him 1900.00, That is BS. Then Glenn gives him two brand new 67-72 fiberglass doors. If I make someone think twice about buying from this shadey seller than I feel my time here is time well spent. COME ON BOB, DO THE RIGHT THING!!!!!!!

Even $1100 to deliver the car is kinda steep. A friend of mine had his 69 Vette shipped from FL to CT in an enclosed trailer for $1000. What made the price jump up to $1900? If Bob wanted $1900 for shipping after accepting the terms at $1100, I would have kept the 'glass doors at the very least.
Did he incluse the wheel well trim in the deal? 67 used one-year-only stainless steel strips, not aluminum like the rest. I think he only had 2 or 3 of them when I was there.

Keep yer chin up, keep working on what will eventually be a wonderful car, and hopefully Bob makes good on his end of the deal.

All in all, I think that car can be made into something really special.

Good Luck.

George

BGS1127 needs his *** kicked off the site and his for sale thread locked. Riff Raff not welcome here.

That sucks and really saddens me. I hope you can find some resolution to your troubles. I've dealt with a few shady characters myself, though they seem like nothing compared to your raw deal. Some of the nicest salespeople are the worst sellers out there.

You can find some of the stuff he is out there selling now by searching his phone # 860-417-3705. I'd report his posts to the sites hosting them as scams.

In Canada, if you buy a car from someone who hasn't titled it, you cannot title it until it has been titled by the sellar. So it was important that when I bought the kid's Duster, it had to be in the seller's name. In this case, he hadn't driven it but he had titled it.

On another point, I have heard of some folks having to sell due to medical costs..I hope Obama will bring through a bill to provide free medical for you so this doesn't ever happen again. If this story is true ...and I am thinking it is not....my heart goes out to him ..

But he sounds like the worst case nightmare..

I bought a Vauxhall sight un seen but the sellar was dead on with his assement...don't think I would do it again...

I feel really bad for the purchaser of the Dart...no one should have to go through this..probably time to call the lawyer..
Grassy

I guess this is why I can't sell a car or parts here, cause I'm asking a fair price, and I tell the truth about what is for sale.

imagine that......

Sorry you had a problem with this guy

I have purchased several higher dollar items that were a long distance from me either advertised on ebay or other places ranging from cars (including my current Mopar project) to enclosed trailers to CNC machining equipment. Send a $500.00 deposit to prove you're serious then invest a few hundred dollars in an airplane ticket. It has cost me a few hundred on lost airfare a couple of times but saved me tens of thousands over the years. Sorry about your troubles on the deal. Just my 2 cents Kev

ME AGAIN; My last fact, maybe. He told me on the phone before I paid for car, that he had invested $6,000.00 in motor! I got a stats sheet on the 383 magnum engine w/ all parts and prices and labor. The total for everything is just about $2,400.00. The stats sheet was compliments of the engine bulder CARLQUIST COMPETITION ENGINES, in DANVILLE,CT. I wonder how they rated it @465hp. w/o distributor, water pump,exhaust manifolds and I didn't get the starter also. Have good one, Glenn

In Canada, if you buy a car from someone who hasn't titled it, you cannot title it until it has been titled by the sellar. So it was important that when I bought the kid's Duster, it had to be in the seller's name. In this case, he hadn't driven it but he had titled it.

On another point, I have heard of some folks having to sell due to medical costs..I hope Obama will bring through a bill to provide free medical for you so this doesn't ever happen again. If this story is true ...and I am thinking it is not....my heart goes out to him ..

But he sounds like the worst case nightmare..

I bought a Vauxhall sight un seen but the sellar was dead on with his assement...don't think I would do it again...

I feel really bad for the purchaser of the Dart...no one should have to go through this..probably time to call the lawyer..
Grassy

Grassy, the laws regarding registration of autos in Canada varies from province to province. I'm in Alberta and a bill of sale written on the back of a cigarette package will allow you to get registration on a vehicle so long as you have proof of insurance. The car may have been owned by 20 different people since the last time it was registered, makes no difference. When I import a car from the US I toss the title when I get home because it has no value or purpose here. Just a little worthless info for you Kev

Like my Friend and restorer/parts supplier told me ' 67 GTS is RARE Car, when done be worth some money'. The only thing is I'm trying to keep it as orig. as possible. Kind of EXPENSIVE having to buy 67 Dart GTS parts, you should already have gotten from seller. Thanks for reading, Glenn PS_ If you need 67-72 A-body parts or motor rebuild, contact SGBARRACUDA@ a-odies only!

Kanders,

Opps..when I purchased a bike in Ottawa a bunch of years ago, the sellar had never registered it to him even though he had bought it a bunch of years earlier...he had to track down the guy he purchased it from ...he almost decidedd not to sell because of the hassle..but his new wife refused to have the bike in the garage....I assumed it was like that in all provinces..my bad..shouldn`t assume :)

Grassy

well this all sounds like bull $hit to me... I dont care if you are acutally sick, it gives you no right to rip someone else off....we can ignore the incorrect stated condition of the car, as that can be debated to each persons perspective of the condition/potential of the car, but what the heck is up with uping the shipping? and not giving all the parts promised in the deal? and then selling them on other sites?? You are just a low life... As far as I can tell your for sale ad is still on OUR forum, so man up and explain why so many of us have a very negative opinion of you...

P.s, as a side note, I am very very skeptical of buying things online....But when I need something, and its offered to me on here, I do not think twice about sending the money. And everytime I get exactly what I was told, if not more...

Never mind all the free advice and support ...

so sorry for my poopie pants post, but it jsut bugs me...

Shane

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back