Mopars in the weeds.

-

Badart

Reaction score
After reading C_Stipes post about some of the project mopars in our area I decided to go for a drive and pull the front end from a 71 demon. After driving 1.5 hours to the demon in Southeastern Idaho the owner wouldn't let me pull the parts from the car in his pig farm/salvage yard due to liability reasons. He said that him and his brother would have to pull the parts. So I will call him again in few days.
I decided to cruise the back roads looking for mopars and enjoy the scenery. These are some of the cars that I found and could get pictures of. The yellow Dart GT looks really good. Nobody was home and I didn't want to get caught trespassing so I didn't hang out too long. It did have a motor but the interior was full of parts so I couldn't tell if it had a 4 speed or not and I didn't want to pop the hood. The duster was complete and could be rebuilt. The baracuda looked pretty solid also. I left a note on the front door letting him know that I was interested in some of his cars, if he doesn't call I will drive up on some saturday and try to pick one or two up.

drive.jpg

drive2.jpg

drive3.jpg

drive4.jpg

drive5.jpg

drive6.jpg

drive7.jpg

drive8.jpg

drive9.jpg

drive10.jpg

Hmm. The blue Duster belongs to a kid that lives out of town. If you look at the car. The vin number on the dash is not the correct one. It was an orig slant six car that now has a 318 in it. It has a three speed manual also. The kid wants $1500 for it. The 68 300, 65 coronet and I believe the yellow dart all belong to a kid name Ryan, I can get you his number John. I don't know about the two satellites. I sure would like that 70 swinger. There should have been a 67 GT sitting somewhere around there.

I didn't know of that last batch. Did you check vins? That Duster looks like it might be fairly clean.

Wow! Nice finds. Great scenery! I would give my left nut for that Coronet. I just love those things! LOL The 300 is tops too toolman

You live in a beautiful part of the country!

Awesome!.......I don't normally use that word but it fits here.

Thanks. We take it for granted out here most of the time. It's nice to go for a atv ride or hike to slow down and enjoy it.

I know he wants to restore the 67, If the 70 is his, he might. I just spoke to him on the phone yesterday and he told me about the 300. I told him I wasn't interested. I believe that he sold the 65 coronet 440 there as well as the 500 that he had at his house right in town. It seems he told me that the other cars were about a mile to a mile and a half north of town. I think they are at his parents house. I will send you a PM with his number right now. He seemed like a cool guy, not near as sketchy as Byron.

Here is the 500 that he had in his front yard.
4-12-09117.jpg

He sold it for $3500 last week he claims.

I know he wants to restore the 67, If the 70 is his, he might. I just spoke to him on the phone yesterday and he told me about the 300. I told him I wasn't interested. I believe that he sold the 65 coronet 440 there as well as the 500 that he had at his house right in town. It seems he told me that the other cars were about a mile to a mile and a half north of town. I think they are at his parents house. I will send you a PM with his number right now. He seemed like a cool guy, not near as sketchy as Byron.

Yeah sound like the place. Ask about the dart.

Beautiful countryside,Toolman,I also really like that Coronet!I think it,s the first one I,ve seen!Never have seen one in my 46 years!

some worth while cars there, wish there were more like that in my neck of the woods not like the rust buckets people are asking $3000-$5000 for here!

PB, If you notice the 65 Coronet front ends look a bit like the 66 Darts. toolman

John, when is your next weekend off? I know of a few more cars up there if you just want to drive around and look. I know of a sublime 70 coronet R/T, plum crazy 70 Challenger R/T, and a slant six 70 chally sitting not to far from Byrons place. There is also a Plum Crazy 70 Charger R/T sitting somewhere that I have not seen but heard about many times from a few people and have seen a picture of. There is also a 70 charger sitting about 20 miles north of where you were at. Also have been told about a 71 Charger 500 383 4spd sitting in a pasture around there too. I honestly have not spent to much time scouting up there. We should plan a time to go take pics or something.

John, when is your next weekend off? I know of a few more cars up there if you just want to drive around and look. I know of a sublime 70 coronet R/T, plum crazy 70 Challenger R/T, and a slant six 70 chally sitting not to far from Byrons place. There is also a Plum Crazy 70 Charger R/T sitting somewhere that I have not seen but heard about many times from a few people and have seen a picture of. There is also a 70 charger sitting about 20 miles north of where you were at. Also have been told about a 71 Charger 500 383 4spd sitting in a pasture around there too. I honestly have not spent to much time scouting up there. We should plan a time to go take pics or something.

I will PM you.

Small Block. I have one available without inserts. I also have a very nice 69 hood with inserts available. What are you looking to spend?

-
Back