Moparts goes thump

-
Moparts would not go out like that. I never went on there but I know Tom pretty well, in real life. He pretty much depends on it to make a living.

GЯEENHOЯNET;291935 said:
yup... JohnRR/ b_body_bob/ myself/ & many others.

i thought they let you back on. i've been banned for a while now hell almost a year i guess. but i don't consider myself part of the knowledge.

yah they did.. but i really don't care either way. YOU got me on pernament ban though LOL! :bootysha:

...? Why is it obvious that he makes a living off there I have never really been on it.

oh hell yea it is. you mention a bad experience with a sponser and the post is gone or you are gone. all the while there are pages and pages going about other bad vendors that don't happen to be a sponsor of moparts and they just keep going. site used to be great for information but tom has ruined all its credibility in the last year or two.

GЯEENHOЯNET;291942 said:
yah they did.. but i really don't care either way. YOU got me on pernament ban though LOL! :bootysha:

i do? you sure? i probably purged you name by now.. no one is able to sign up right now. just updated the software today and it has a few glitches that hopefully are worked out by the morning.

There were some decent people there,but every time someone wanted to express themselves or their opinion,the lock was swift...that really sucks.If you have a General Forum...that's just what it should be.There were also a ton of young 'uns.

I don't know about the banning people but have seen the locked posts. Yes it sucks but I never lost sleep like some of you I guess did but then seeing how many posts like Mike has maybe some of you don't sleep!
Yes there has been an on slot of annoying posts of the stupid sublects I just over look them and the posters themselves. There are some guys on there that I really think they post some stuff just to boast thier ego and have people praise them...you guys fill in the names not me. Right now I like both places and will stay with both...well if moparts comes back

I tried to go there but it said server not found. I used to go there years ago but it got so bad I went somewhere else. He band one person and he started his own site, which was way better than moparts. But this has been my main Mopar home now for a couple of years and I have found it to be the best

looks like this may have caused the problem..

Explosion At Texas-Based Server Company Causes Thousands To Lose Internet Connection
ShareThis

June 1, 2008 12:49 p.m. EST

Amy Beeman - AHN
Houston, TX (AHN) -- An explosion Saturday evening at a Texas-based, privately held server hosting provider has caused server outages effecting 9,000 servers and 7,500 customers.

According to The Planet's website, at about 5 p.m. Saturday electrical gear shorted, creating an explosion and fire that knocked down three walls surrounding their electrical equipment room.

No injuries were reported and no servers were damaged or lost.

The Houston company, which provides servers for small and medium sized companies, said it has its entire support team working around the clock to get the servers back on line.

They estimate they will be up and running by Sunday afternoon.

I enjoy checking out this website every now and then, and also like yellowbullet.com, but the Moparts race section just flat out rocks(I don't read the general section). Awesome group of racers that can answer anything in minutes and a ton of fun when we all get together and go racin. Moparts is very easy to navigate and make posts. Sorry to see some of you have been banned, but hopefully you'll come back.

Thanks for posting the article A Body Joe -

As a "ban-ee" myself, Ive always found it interesting how "personal" things can get when someone is locked out...

When I got banned I actually telephoned Tom from down here - and he hung up on me!

Anyhow I sent him an email explaining my position and he eased up and re-instated me. I think he stresses easy.

I guess people get snakey because you dont get a chance to explain why you say things when you have rampant morons "moderating" like some fascist Junta.

Never had a problem with Peelerboy or a couple of others...but there were a couple who Tom appointed who thought their turds were gold plated.

I go there for the advs. and for the occasional tech help these days....the "Mod Gods " were too much for me to hang there regularly.

No big loss in my books.

FABO is way better! WAY less attitude...
When FABO gets as big as Moparts (large membership) you'll have the same complaints here as well. The more people you have ANYWHERE, the more "stuff" you're going to have. Anytime you sign up on a website, one of the last things you do before you are accepted is to click the "I agree" button, meaning you accept THEIR terms, stay within those terms and you'll never have a problem. I pretty much avoid the General section on Moparts, but the race and Q&A has a bunch of good info, as good as it gets, but being an A body guy, I like hangin out here as well. Lotta good sites out there, just gotta wear your thick skin on some of them.

-
Back