Moral Dash Question

-
Only simple test for senders is with a ohm meter. there are tests for temp senders and oil senders but special test fixtures are required.

So I can't measure the ohms coming from the temp sender? If I can what reading should I be expecting?

These numbers are used n calibrating the temp gauge to target ( dots ) on the gauge screen
32 ohms = 180 degrees
23 ohms = 220 degrees
10 ohms = 250 plus degrees
should give you some indication that your sender is working or not.

So I finally found the problem and I feel a little stupid but at least I found it. Turns out both the fuel and temp sending units are bad. I found a little trick online last night that said if you turn the car to the on position and then ground the wire from the sending unit you should see the needles move. Well I sat the wife in the car I got under it and grounded the sending unit from the gas tank and sure enough it went although way to full. Did the same to the temp sending unit same deal. Worst part is I assumed it couldn't be the sending unit because I had just replaced the fuel sending unit. Weird thing is the fuel sending unit read from the sender to ground 74.5 ohms. I would not have expected that at all. In the end I drove the 'Cuda to Oreillys and ordered the sending units. There prices were about right after shipping as rock auto so I said what the hell.

-
Back