More electrical problems

-

no1newb

Reaction score
So, i just got my brakes working, now im having ignition problems. the car will start if i keep the key in the position of starter position (just let off so the starter will stop turning) the car will run fine, but when on the on position it dies. i had it started and running fine earlier, but after i turned it off and went back to start it it started doing this, i dont have a ballast anymore because i got MSD, what would be the problem?

The connection you used to by pass the ballast resistor has come apart or shorted?

probably the switch or the wire for the ign. run side. use a test light to see where you don't have any power in run position.

Pretty much yup. Either has to be the bridged connection where you evidently connected ign1 and ign2 (blue and brown) or else a problem in the circuit in the blue wire coming from the ign switch, or the switch itself.

that worked, i guess. i unpluged the electric choke for the season, and i guess it kept shorting, so i just cleaned it up a little and made it around the block

Had the same problem with a 66 Dart I used to have. Problem was ammeter. To test, connect both leads on same pole (effectively by-passing the gauge). If car starts, there's your problem.

-
Back