More gear drive suff

-

THEWHITEZOMBIE

Mopars an Heavy Metal
Reaction score
sorry guys for bringing up this chrud again but im wanting to put a gear drive in the 440(MILODON) my Q is will i hear it in my car i love the sound an i dont want to blow 500 bucks if i cant hear it!the motor is a 30 over 69HP 440 with a MP557 cam in it with 1.5 harlin sharps!pretty simple build is there anything that effects the sound in a car like cam size or anything i just must have the sound!( an no im not putting a blower on her dont hav the cash)Thanks guys
MIKEY

well i didnt buy one yet on no where on any sites does it say if its a loud one or a quite one its a full cover set up on there site or summit/jegs all the same set up!

Milodons are not noisey or quiet. They have only one part number. Any other choice really is a waste of money, and can hurt performance at times. You'll hear a Milodon, but it's not as noisey as the dual idler designs that are supposed to be real noisey.

I agree with Moper 100%, gear drives are not worth the money and can hurt performance and even if it was an even trade on power, $500 and no power advantage? That means that the gear drive is just for sound bling.

Chuck

Well, the sound is wicked cool tho. That's the only reason I bought one. Sometimes you just hafta... But the cheapie ones are worse than a factory chain. Noisey as hell, and erratic as hell timing wise too. The good ones have enough noise to raise an eyebrow, but dont overpower the mufflers....lol.

-
Back